Scottish Champs v European Champs, Tues 6th Sept 2022 at 8pm (BST)

0-3 scoreline was a bit harsh I feel but that's football.

For 30mins we were excellent but the old clique, we didn't take our chances. Second half we looked a bit tired. Calmac who was a standout in that 1st 30mins just couldn't get on the ball.

Against a club who has spent its way to +700m in debt to field that team, I don't believe any of our players should be thrown under the bus. We learn more when you lose a game, it's about the yourney of this set of players, hopefully they improve against the best league clubs in the world. I think they will.

Hail Hail.

It's the " still" bit that's got me concerned
Dont be concerned-just call me a hun-a mother n father n sister shagging hun it's the celtic way apparently-if you post something the fkn snowflakes dont like-was at the 100th Scottish cup final,love st 86,-centerany double 88-suffered the barren 90s attended the jungles last stand-helped oust the corrupt old board and ushered in the new era-enjoy modern Celtic-youve been lucky

Dont be concerned-just call me a hun-a mother n father n sister shagging hun it's the celtic way apparently-if you post something the fkn snowflakes dont like-was at the 100th Scottish cup final,love st 86,-centerany double 88-suffered the barren 90s attended the jungles last stand-helped oust the corrupt old board and ushered in the new era-enjoy modern Celtic-youve been lucky

Sure

I thought hatate outshone anybody on that park first half with his forward passing
That wee fella is an absolute star, mate.

If he continues his progress at this rate, then the sky's the limit as far as his valuation.

It doesn't look brilliant when it doesn't come off, but he keeps going back and never hides.

Some of his passing is off the charts and it's not his fault that not everyone is on the same wavelength.

The boy has been here less than a year, but still knows what it means to wear the Hoops.

I hear folk saying: "imagine if we got Lubo ten-years earlier?"

Well here we are with Reo.

Better team in the first half, they showed their class in the second. The first goal was crucial, had we scored it then it would have been interesting to see how they reacted but they scored it then proceeded to deny us possession for the rest of the game.
Modric is a joy to watch, even at 37 years old he glides across the pitch and just passes, passes and passes again.
We are miles ahead of where we were this time last season. When Leverkusen beat us 4-0 at CP they deserved the result and we were lucky it wasn't more. Tonight we went toe to toe with the best team on the continent and caused them many problems.
If we play the way we did in the first half in the next 4 games then we will qualify for the last 16. Next week's game crucial, need a draw at least but think we are more than capable of winning in Warsaw.

Chasing and pressing top players like theirs was always going to wear us out, and once it did they just passed us apart. Not playing any decent opposition week in week out it’s hard to jump up a level.
lm proud and delighted in the effort we put in and that we stuck to our style of play. Our next four CL games won’t be as hard as tonight’s was .Hail Hail ☘️🇮🇪🇮🇪

Attended my first celtic game aged 4,Aberdeen won the league that season-we blew a five point lead-not helped by George mccluskey missing a last minute penalty against st them with a few minutes to go

One thing to bear in mind too is this was one massive step up in class for our team. Our players simply do not have the experience of playing at this level. Before tonight, out of the 15 outfield players we put on the pitch there was a combined total of 138 minutes of proper Champions League experience (CalMac played a full 90 minutes 5 years ago and Jenz totalled 48 minutes over 3 matches). Modric and Benzema had over 19000 minutes between them, never mind the rest.

10 of their starters kicked off in last season's final.

Overall, although disappointed I think we will improve from this experience tonight.

Last edited:
Centenary season almost crushed in the celtic end as we beat dundee 3 nil-endes up in the jungle after the polis had walked us around to the rangers end first

Back