Scottish Champs v European Champs, Tues 6th Sept 2022 at 8pm (BST)

:oops: There's definitely a buzz about the place 🍀
Think that's important, kelly.......don't think there's been this kind of buzz since WGS' tenure.

Felt Lenny's first stint was based on overachieving and preventing the opposition from playing. Ronny and Buck barely created a ripple in Europe, but with the wind at our sails, I think this team can hurt opponents home and away. Apart from 25 minutes either side of half-time, we outplayed Betis in Seville last season and when we stopped playing our game and tried to hold out, then we lost to Leverkusen when a draw or win was there for the taking. Bodo was a backward step, but I think by the time that tie had come around, we'd definitely prioritised the league and underestimated the opposition. I don't think Ange, nor the players, will fall into that trap again.

I'm not getting beyond myself, finishing third in the group is still a sign of progress, but I'm not trembling in my boots at the prospect of Leipzig or Shaktar. They're accomplished sides, but definitely beatable. I'd fancy Celtic to take something from Warsaw and I wouldn't back against them doing some damage in Germany either. Third place is realistic, but second-place is achievable if we're on it and have that belief.

It's the first time in a good few years that I've been excited about our prospects on the European stage. Over the last 10-years, it's all been about the occasional good night, but, without going overboard, I feel there's something about this team that might make us the dark horse in this tournament.

Not potential winners, but capable of taking a couple of big scalps along the way.

I am not feeling over confident about tonight - I am Scottish so know that life (well when you follow sports anyway) has a cruel habit of giving you a skelp round the jaws if you relax and start to get over-excited about events like Saturday's result & performance. We have suffered some awful results in Europe in recent years and no matter how well we prepare for tonight, there is still a chance that we may be on the receiving end of a big score. The thing is, even if we do get gubbed then I know that we will lose at least trying to play attractive attacking football rather than playing anti-football and still getting beat as many other clubs do.

However, I must admit that as well as the excitement of playing such a massive match against one of the very biggest clubs in the world that I am actually feeling surprisingly calm. It is not something I get before or during too many games as I often fear the worst, but I felt this way on Saturday as well. I also felt like this during the 2012 Barca game and when Scotland beat the Dutch 1-0 in 2003. Everyone round about me was nervous as hell and could barely watch the game but I just felt this serene confidence that we were going to win no matter what.

I really do have such a good feeling about tonight and think we will get a positive result (I still think we will sneak it 2-1) but rest assured that it will be a very tough game and we will get battered at times by this very talented side. I think Ange will be more pragmatic in his tactics than last year in Europe, but will not compromise in his overall philosophy of trying to outscore his opponent.

Let's enjoy tonight and make history. This could be a day we speak about for the rest of our lives and hopefully for the right reasons. YNWA.

Well the day everyone has been waiting on is here as Europe’s giant comes to Glasgow to take on the Scotlands best the anticipation grows the press are at fever pitch fans are clamouring for tickets and the managers pen inspiring team talks while the players make their final preparations for the gladiatorial contest ahead what are your predictions for what could be the defining game in the history of football when The Rangers take on the mighty Ajax 😜😂

Well the day everyone has been waiting on is here as Europe’s giant comes to Glasgow to take on the Scotlands best the anticipation grows the press are at fever pitch fans are clamouring for tickets and the managers pen inspiring team talks while the players make their final preparations for the gladiatorial contest ahead what are your predictions for what could be the defining game in the history of football when The Rangers take on the mighty Ajax 😜😂
Only one game occupying my thoughts Micky. Already said I would settle for not losing. As for predictions ? I'll leave that to my very knowledgeable fellow Noisers . I'm really lookin' forward to further gauging our undoubted progress against the best.

Think that's important, kelly.......don't think there's been this kind of buzz since WGS' tenure.

Felt Lenny's first stint was based on overachieving and preventing the opposition from playing. Ronny and Buck barely created a ripple in Europe, but with the wind at our sails, I think this team can hurt opponents home and away. Apart from 25 minutes either side of half-time, we outplayed Betis in Seville last season and when we stopped playing our game and tried to hold out, then we lost to Leverkusen when a draw or win was there for the taking. Bodo was a backward step, but I think by the time that tie had come around, we'd definitely prioritised the league and underestimated the opposition. I don't think Ange, nor the players, will fall into that trap again.

I'm not getting beyond myself, finishing third in the group is still a sign of progress, but I'm not trembling in my boots at the prospect of Leipzig or Shaktar. They're accomplished sides, but definitely beatable. I'd fancy Celtic to take something from Warsaw and I wouldn't back against them doing some damage in Germany either. Third place is realistic, but second-place is achievable if we're on it and have that belief.

It's the first time in a good few years that I've been excited about our prospects on the European stage. Over the last 10-years, it's all been about the occasional good night, but, without going overboard, I feel there's something about this team that might make us the dark horse in this tournament.

Not potential winners, but capable of taking a couple of big scalps along the way.
Last year was a learning curve which i think given all that went on we did pretty well ,we had a team put together who were asked to hit the ground running with very little pre season amongst them
The whole scope of the club changed during the course of the season targets were brought in early no last minute projects and a mini winter pre season when Ange finally had everyone and could work on his game plan , the league was the priority but the planning and the foundations he's built on it were important
Now were going into the group stages with a full preseason behind us and all our new players brought in early ,we've got off to a flyer in the league
we've a group of players who a year ago champions league would have been a pipe dream yet their now hours away from facing the european champions ( 😖 feckin hate madrid ) this group play for the jersey ,they play for each other and it's been a very very long time since we've ever seen that

Totally relaxed about tonight's game, and for a huge game for ourselves is very unusual especially with no idea on what to expect tonight.
Had a very decent training session against the scum on Saturday, where we needed to show how good as a team we can now be, and the biggest improvement that was needed to go to the next level of European football, was how we can actually play without the football.
Our devastating forward play with the players we have still remains intact and improved also with becoming far more clinical, and many of the goals we have already seen this season have been breathtaking with the quality of football produced and finishing also.
So therefore I strongly believe that we have an all round team and squad that are so worthy of mixing it up with the elite in European football now.
This team are so capable of causing any team in world football problems imo, as all the foundations of making a very good team are very firmly put in place now.
Even with everything in place for ourselves we are entering a totally different phase of football where we don't know still if our approach tactically is going to be good enough still, yet I can't see any chances to Ange approach, and why change something if it isn't broken?
Think we actually might play at an even higher tempo tonight and be even more aggressive in the pressing than we were on Saturday and well capable of making it a very uncomfortable night for Madrid and certainly got the quality to hurt and score the goals in order to give ourselves another famous European win tonight.
Regardless nothing within this group which I also believe we are more than capable of qualifying from, will be resolved regardless of the result.
HH

I went along to my mums this morning, as I usually do on a Tues to take her shopping......I asked her about the football ....(she likes football, tennis and golf) .....she said that was the best Celtic team she has seen, since the days of Jock Stein...... :) ......When an 87 yr old woman says that.....It must be true.... ;)

Seems we're all pretty optimistic and also realistic about tonight's game.
We want to see our Celtic give this Madrid side a game.
Also though, should the result go against us we dont want a thumping and be like -4 after game 1.
I cant see that happening but wont rule anything out against a side who have won this tournament 4 times in the last 7 .
I'll be over the moon with a draw and dream we can surprise them.
I cant see Ancelotti being surprised though, hes been here before and been done over so he knows fine well what a night time ko at CP brings.
Getting closer all the time 5 hours to go and it's a good old Glasgow weather welcome , hopefully this weather will remain through the night then scorching at 10pm .
Once weve hot something

I don't know about the optimism but I certainly am buzzing for tonight and wishing I was there for the whole atmosphere, the lights, the sounds and the camaraderie. I won't be gutted if we lose but I fully expect us to at least manage a draw.

Bellshill Bhoy - I don't have a rampant rabbit and in fact I don't have any pets at all. Unless you count SP of course. 😉

Also though, should the result go against us we dont want a thumping and be like -4 after game 1.
I cant see that happening but wont rule anything out against a side who have won this tournament 4 times in the last 7 .
I cant see Ancelotti being surprised though, hes been here before and been done over so he knows fine well what a night time ko at CP brings.
Getting closer all the time 5 hours to go and it's a good old Glasgow weather welcome , hopefully this weather will remain through the night then scorching at 10pm .
Once weve hot something
Ancelotti has failed to win in his three previous visits to Parkhead as manager, so there is no way he is under-estimating us tonight. Optimistic but realistic is probably a fair assessment as to how most of us are approaching this game. Yes, they are a far better side than us on paper but we do not fear them and will try our utmost to win. Let's get ready to rummmmmmmbbbbbbblllllleeee! 🥳 🎉

Once weve hot something
I was at the game in 1980 brilliant night came up from London for it hopefully the Bhoys and Ghirls there will experience the same feelings I had that night

Back