Scottish Champs v European Champs, Tues 6th Sept 2022 at 8pm (BST)

What would you have done differently last night @Plumbhoy75 ?

Should we have just sat in and defended a 0-0 and hoped for the best? Gone five at the back? Abandon the principles that Ange and the players have been working on for 14 months?

Agreed that we shouldn't be celebrating any sort of defeat, far from it, but you've got to see how far we've come in such a short space of time, but also how far there still is to go if we're going to be successful at Champions League level.

4 of Madrid's players (Benzema, Vinicius Jnr, Courtois & Rudiger) are on the 30 man shortlist for the ballon D'or this year. We're a team very much in progress but will real signs of steady improvement.
There’s a few in here up fur the Balloon d cnut

HH Unt me

All relative mate. To Real Madrid, we are a wee diddy team. Infact to all top leagues in the world, including England, we are a wee diddy team. They don't care about 67 or a 60000 seater stadium or our history. We are a team from a wee back water league who are routinely pumped in europe. Do you think Man City, who haven't won a European Cup, class Notts County as a big team?? Do you think Real Madrid would give a fuck about their history. Not at all. The fact is....to the big boys, we are a diddy team and they fully expected to come and run over the top of us with ease....the way we do with that little diddy team (and double cup winners cup winner) Aberdeen.
The fact is all our bhoys can hope to do is make sure they aren't embarrassed. Last night they did that. So we should be proud. And if you think we should be expecting to beat teams like Madrid, home or away, then you and anyone else who thinks so are (don't offer me a square go, I live to far away) delusional 😂.
As for Lennons celts beating barca. On another night they could have destroyed us. It was a massive, famous win but barca battered us from pillar to post. We defended with our life's. That performance last night was a million leagues above the performance against Barca. IMO.....
101% top post Lubo 👏👏

HH 🍀

OK, it's time for me to come out of the cupboard and let you all know...
I'm a hun...always have been, always will...
Oh...no...wait...it's honey...my wife calls me that...apologies for any confusion
Phew !! That was almost embarrassing...
IATP
Ya blue nosed honey yi (is it cauld yet)

HH 😂

What gave it away Frank
My flute lessons, or my funny walk and handshake, videos ?
Watching the second half of Napoli v Liverpool
Tuned in a few minutes ago...4-0, then saw the Liverpool goal, a brammer
4-1, who'd have thought ?
Mon the Reds
YNWA
When I read a post of yours actually agreeing with Hoopy I thought there was a bit of Masonic skullduggery goin' on. Think you and him agreed that 'we' always had to be......" Aye Ready " ! But seriously though.....yer no, ur ye?

I’ve seen a few comments about anges playing style etc and celebrating getting beat 3-0

IMO people were happy with the level of performance last night for a large part of the game.

If we talk possession, they controlled the ball well for much of the first 55/60 minutes but did nearly fuck all with it.

I watched the game again, well the first 55 minutes and on another day could have been 3/4 up by the time they scored. But we never took our many chances. Put simply they never battered us last night, we gave our best effort and just couldn’t score. But even one goal would have made it a different game completely.
They scored and the whole bubble burst.

I still worry about juranovic defending. Everything the huns crested came his side Sunday. Last night he was exposed for their chance that hart saved first half and then fir some reason made a few poor calls with their first goal. We were unlucky with the break of the ball for the 2nd.

This year I’m less worried defensively than last year. They were a class act and for much of the game we kept it tight.
Hopefully we find our shooting boots.

Can’t wait to see the huns in Naples 🤭

Back