Scottish Champs v European Champs, Tues 6th Sept 2022 at 8pm (BST)

We went thru a period a few seasons back where we invariably went behind very quickly in euro games, inside 10 mins on more than a few occasions, its imperative we keep it tight past the first quarter, wouldn’t be the end of the world going behind early on but it widny half make it difficult trying to level it and stop them from makin it 2.
Players at this level are deadly, one sniff is all they need, their not yer Kents or Millers of this world that need 10 attempts to bury one.
No matter how well we are playing I find it very difficult to make the leap past their gonna win the night…we are playing a football elite, and they always find a way.
I have endless amounts of hope tho, it would be enough for me to see our bhoys show the rest of europe we are to be reckoned with tho, what that score would need to be I don’t know…a draw? a win?.
Can’t wait for kick off…I think this game will be a joy to watch no matter the result.

We've gone into games at this level before far more in hope than in expectation. This time it's different.

Ange Postecoglue has got us all genuinely believing we can take something from the current Champions league holders tonight, and that's incredible based on what he inherited when he first came to the club.

Regardless the result tonight the fanbase is fully behind the manager and this group of players and we'll be proud of whatever plays out against Madrid.

I think its going to be one of those nights, the scoring might go back and forth, but can you imagine what the atmosphere will be like if/when Celtic get the first goal!!

I'm going 3-2 Celtic. A big night in store!

This is a huge step up that our team might not be ready for just yet I would like them to get some sort of result you never know we might just catch them having a bad day. I hope the concentration levels are high because Madrid have the players that can undo us with shots from outside the box and cut us open with passes for their forwards to run into through the middle.I was at the match in 80 and we beat them would love to see a repeat

I am not feeling over confident about tonight - I am Scottish so know that life (well when you follow sports anyway) has a cruel habit of giving you a skelp round the jaws if you relax and start to get over-excited about events like Saturday's result & performance. We have suffered some awful results in Europe in recent years and no matter how well we prepare for tonight, there is still a chance that we may be on the receiving end of a big score. The thing is, even if we do get gubbed then I know that we will lose at least trying to play attractive attacking football rather than playing anti-football and still getting beat as many other clubs do.

However, I must admit that as well as the excitement of playing such a massive match against one of the very biggest clubs in the world that I am actually feeling surprisingly calm. It is not something I get before or during too many games as I often fear the worst, but I felt this way on Saturday as well. I also felt like this during the 2012 Barca game and when Scotland beat the Dutch 1-0 in 2003. Everyone round about me was nervous as hell and could barely watch the game but I just felt this serene confidence that we were going to win no matter what.

I really do have such a good feeling about tonight and think we will get a positive result (I still think we will sneak it 2-1) but rest assured that it will be a very tough game and we will get battered at times by this very talented side. I think Ange will be more pragmatic in his tactics than last year in Europe, but will not compromise in his overall philosophy of trying to outscore his opponent.

Let's enjoy tonight and make history. This could be a day we speak about for the rest of our lives and hopefully for the right reasons. YNWA.
I don't know about the optimism but I certainly am buzzing for tonight and wishing I was there for the whole atmosphere, the lights, the sounds and the camaraderie. I won't be gutted if we lose but I fully expect us to at least manage a draw.

Bellshill Bhoy - I don't have a rampant rabbit and in fact I don't have any pets at all. Unless you count SP of course. 😉
And I'm feral, flea-ridden and neutered too

Don’t know what to think about tonight’s game. We have improved a lot in the last few months and I don’t think Madrid are the team they were a couple of seasons ago. Yes I know they won the CL last year but there were a lot of funny results like the huns making the EL final. Thought Liverpool would beat Real in the final but they had an off night as well.
TBH would be happy with a draw and failing that a tight game with a good show from us.

Latest posts

Back