Scottish Champs v European Champs, Tues 6th Sept 2022 at 8pm (BST)

I'd say our 2012 victory against Barca was a massive achievement. They were head and shoulders above every other team in the world and were flying. We had 4 important first team starters out for that game and still beat them. I'd argue that would be better than drawing against this Madrid side. But beating them is a different discussion.
A hear what yer saying, but for all Barca were awesome for a decade or so, Real are serial winners of this tournament and the benchmark for every club, including the Barca’s.

I’ve prob watched that game 50 times and will prob watch it a few time more before Tuesday. We rode out luck in that game but took our chances against a team that were the best of their generation. Real Madrid aren’t the best of their generation and we are a far stronger team than 2012. Maybe it’s the drink talking, but I think we’ll do them.

I’ve prob watched that game 50 times and will prob watch it a few time more before Tuesday. We rode out luck in that game but took our chances against a team that were the best of their generation. Real Madrid aren’t the best of their generation and we are a far stronger team than 2012. Maybe it’s the drink talking, but I think we’ll do them.
If we did it would send a shockwave thru euro football.

Maybe a question docco or Vigo could answer moreso, but I think if Jota can continue with his outstanding form into the CL especially against Madrid then he could well be making a claim for the Portuguese world Cup squad imo, and can't see why it can't be achieved for himself either imo.

I'd say our 2012 victory against Barca was a massive achievement. They were head and shoulders above every other team in the world and were flying. We had 4 important first team starters out for that game and still beat them. I'd argue that would be better than drawing against this Madrid side. But beating them is a different discussion.
missing 4 first team starters :ROFLMAO:
we were missing half a decent team

i always bring this up with pals and remind them how scary our 18 were that night

here's the men that made history, showing anything can be done at paradise

Forster
Lustig
Ambrose
K Wilson
A Matthews
K Commons
V Wanyama
J Ledley
C Mulgrew
G Samaras (c)
Miku

Substitutes
L Zaluska
P McCourt
J Herron
Watt
B Kayal
MFraser
DMcGeouch

here is who they beat, ffs the first 4 names on the bench were worth more than our club

Valdes
Alves
Bartra
J Mascherano
Alba
Xavi (c)
A Song
A Iniesta
Pedro
Messi
A Sánchez

Substitutes​

J Pinto
G Piqué
C Fàbregas
D Villla
J dos Santos
M Montoya
C Tello

So we welcome the mighty Real Madrid to Paradise. A massive game that is a huge step up in class compared to anyone we've played in recent years. I expect them to try to dominate us but if everything falls right for us then we have a chance of pulling off a big shock here.

My heart is over-ruling my head and I am going for a 2-1 win to the Celtic. We will have to work hard and our defence will need to play out of our skins and get our share of luck. Kyogo will be a sore miss as he puts a lot of pressure high up the pitch.

Mon The Hoops! 🍀
Settle fur a draw!! 😁😁

We've been fucking great but let's be honest this is a new level, I be proud as fuck if we can get a draw.
The truth is we could - and possibly should - be on for an absolute hiding on Tuesday. But if we play really well, the crowd do the usual, Madrid have an off night and we ride our luck, then maybe we can sneak a draw or even a win.

We live for nights like these and have many reasons to believe we can get something from the game.

That is why I am going for a 2-1 victory for the Hoops. HH

The bookmakers have them as favourites but that is not the result. Would you like a draw? I’d be happy with that but my heart longs for a night to remember. I suspect it might be 2-1 and if so every head in Europe will turn. By Tuesday evening Real could be bottom of the group. That would mean we could lose our manager. We need to sign him up asap

The bookmakers have them as favourites but that is not the result. Would you like a draw? I’d be happy with that but my heart longs for a night to remember. I suspect it might be 2-1 and if so every head in Europe will turn. By Tuesday evening Real could be bottom of the group. That would mean we could lose our manager. We need to sign him up asap
We could lose our manager? WTF are you on!! Behave yersef or go tae bed FFS!

Would you move to manage Real or Barcelona for millions more than we offer you. There is no transfer season for managers He could be made a tantalising offer later this week, He is our greatest asset and every victory gets him noticed even more.

Last edited:
Would you move to manage Real or Barcelona for millions more than we offer you. There is no transfer season for managers He could be made a tantalising offer later this week, He is our greatest asset and every victory gets him noticed even more.
Aye nae bother, Get some sleep yer talking pish. Night now.

Ideguchi misses out on our European squad:

Joe Hart
Scott Bain
Benjamin Siegrist
Greg Taylor
Carl Starfelt
Moritz Jenz
Cameron Carter-Vickers
Alexandro Bernabei
Anthony Ralston
Stephen Welsh
Josip Juranovic
Reo Hatate
Callum McGregor
James McCarthy
Aaron Mooy
Matt O’Riley
Oliver Abildgaard
David Turnbull
Sead Haksabanovic
Liel Abada
James Forrest
Kyogo Furuhashi
Jota, Daizen
Maeda
Giorgos Giakoumakis.

UEFA have announced that Swiss official Sandro Scharer will be the referee for the Celtic Real Madrid clash on Tuesday, assisted by his fellow countrymen Bekim Zogaj and Jonas Erni running the line, and fourth official Jonas Fahndrich.

Remember that the brand new semi-automated VAR will being used to assist with offside decisions. There is a chip located in the centre of the ball that updates it location 500 times per second and indicates when it is kicked.

Also, the new technology uses 12 dedicated tracking cameras mounted underneath the roof of the stadium to track the ball and up to 29 data points of each individual player, 50 times per second, calculating their exact position on the pitch. The 29 collected data points include all limbs and extremities that are relevant for making offside calls.

I guess we can expect this new technology to be introduced into the SPFL in season 2060/61 at the earliest!

Right these posts used come out the before the geme. Now it's week.
So just to get a march on ye's I'm posting this the noo...
Celtic v Man Citeh

League final will take place at Istanbul's Atatürk Olympic Stadium on 10 June 2023

That's if Man Citeh make it of course.

Right these posts used come out the before the geme. Now it's week.
So just to get a march on ye's I'm posting this the noo...
Celtic v Man Citeh

2023 UEFA Champions League final: Istanbul​

Friday 2 September 2022

That's if Man Citeh make it of course.
What time is kick off? Timezone? Postcode of the stadium? Are you sure about that date? kelly will be going mad at your half-arsed attempt! 🤣🤣🤣

Back