Scottish clubs in Europe

Winter

Thought I'd put up a thread for all things Scottish clubs in European competition seeing as there isn't one I thought that's as good an excuse as any to talk shoite about Hibs, Diet huns, Sheep and tributeers as any , and Celtic especially of course.
Not that I need an excuse to talk shoite it comes naturally with me , so as Fabrizio Romano would say , Here we go!

I'm hoping the two Edinburgh clubs and Aberdeen do well in Europe. Get more coefficient points, boost our country's profile and get more cash into their coffers to raise the standard of players they can afford.
Same BB these clubs really have to start pulling their weight in Europe for our coefficient pts, Aberdeen and secvo are guaranteed group stage football, hibs and the diets joining them would be some achievement for our backwater league.

Which is a terrible state of affairs tbh.
Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Dundee United have all appeared in European finals at some point in time and now its a huge undertaking for outside the top 3 to make it.
Hearts must negotiate 2 qualifiers, hibs 3 ( hibs are lucky we swept the board or they'd not be there at all) .

Really important ( my Rodgers impersonation) shanklands 78th minute goal V Rosenborg in Norway other night as I think 2-0 would've been asking too much of hearts and 2-1 still might be but they've given themselves a fighting chance, I'm sure they'd have taken that before they got the ferry to Norway 😅

Hibs beating luzern 3-1 was unexpected and helps in a big way if they can put the Swiss out as they're the ones who are closing in on our 9th place in the coefficient.

Sevco also beating a Swiss side helps as well in regards to our automatic champions league entry.
I could live with sevco putting out Servette then PSV actually turning up this time against them and denying them a cl spot.

Same BB these clubs really have to start pulling their weight in Europe for our coefficient pts, Aberdeen and secvo are guaranteed group stage football, hibs and the diets joining them would be some achievement for our backwater league.

Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Dundee United have all appeared in European finals at some point in time and now its a huge undertaking for outside the top 3 to make it.
Hearts must negotiate 2 qualifiers, hibs 3 ( hibs are lucky we swept the board or they'd not be there at all) .

Really important ( my Rodgers impersonation) shanklands 78th minute goal V Rosenborg in Norway other night as I think 2-0 would've been asking too much of hearts and 2-1 still might be but they've given themselves a fighting chance, I'm sure they'd have taken that before they got the ferry to Norway 😅

Hibs beating luzern 3-1 was unexpected and helps in a big way if they can put the Swiss out as they're the ones who are closing in on our 9th place in the coefficient.

Sevco also beating a Swiss side helps as well in regards to our automatic champions league entry.
I could live with sevco putting out Servette then PSV actually turning up this time against them and denying them a cl spot.
But ffs winter they’ll stop selling us Toblerfuckinzone. Think it froo man

Moan the Swiss

HH 😜

But ffs winter they’ll stop selling us Toblerfuckinzone. Think it froo man

Moan the Swiss

HH 😜
Ah yes tobyztumblerzonez how could I forget them?
Well I didn't jammy because did you know that the greedy Swiss chocolate, watch makers , money lending , more mountains per square inch than the cairngorms Swiss bassas have only gone and changed them?

Ano , was in leverndale for 5 days maself when I found out recovering from the stress.

They have decided to start making them outside of Switzerland , Slovakia to be precise to cut production costs , everybody knows how skint the Swiss are , all those trillions and gazillions of transexillions of money they have in their mountain banks which no one knows which mountain cos there's so many ( I suspect its kept in every mountain) well that money isn't actually theirs , they just watch it for ever , that's why they make watches and live off the measly interest poor souls.

The company will have to remove a reference to Toblerone being “Swiss chocolate,” instead declaring it, “Established in Switzerland in 1908.”
-Tranlastion; there will be no Matterhorn on the triangle thingy box cos that's cheating and without the Matterhorn on the packaging ?

Well, you see the problem? tobyztumblerzonez will never EVER be nor taste the same , Slovakian tobyztumblerzonez?
I don't think so who youz trying to kid where tf is the Matterhorn?
Piece of shoite co-op unfairtrade choco triangles 🔺️ is all they are now and I'm devasted, think the Swiss Franc was devalued 5 fold overnight ( but still cheaper) to make
Slovakiaronez.

Think we're stupid af, oh the gullibillies won't even notice that the massive big mountain 🏔 on the packaging has changed to fkn Bratislava Castle( that part may not be true bit fits the narrative).

Screenshot_20230811_211754_Chrome.jpg

Aye like we wouldn't notice , I could stuff 3 freddos into an auld tobyztumblerzonez packet and they that's still wouldn't notice, actually its their gullible fkn fault in the first place because the Swiss trialled the freddos in the package first at iblocks and no-one noticed.
And they wonder why we call them gullibillies?
Unbelievable ☹️

Last edited:
Good result for the Hibees last night against the Swiss team Luzern. A great 2nd half. Hibs have the incentive of Aston Villa and John McGinn in the next qualifying round. Don’t mind Aberdeen doing well in Europe
The diets and sevvies can beat it. Don’t want to see them do well at anything except losing.

Last edited:
👆 reading this article explains a lot as to why the scum didn't ask for an option to buy in with Tillmans loan.
Should PSV want to buy him next season it will cost them a cool £13 million , allegedly, reportedly, not sure if that's true but is out of their price range.
So Sevco are loaning out a player they consider worth £13million because he's 'not good enough' for their squad :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Ah yes tobyztumblerzonez how could I forget them?
Well I didn't jammy because did you know that the greedy Swiss chocolate, watch makers , money lending , more mountains per square inch than the cairngorms Swiss bassas have only gone and changed them?

Ano , was in leverndale for 5 days maself when I found out recovering from the stress.

They have decided to start making them outside of Switzerland , Slovakia to be precise to cut production costs , everybody knows how skint the Swiss are , all those trillions and gazillions of transexillions of money they have in their mountain banks which no one knows which mountain cos there's so many ( I suspect its kept in every mountain) well that money isn't actually theirs , they just watch it for ever , that's why they make watches and live off the measly interest poor souls.

The company will have to remove a reference to Toblerone being “Swiss chocolate,” instead declaring it, “Established in Switzerland in 1908.”
-Tranlastion; there will be no Matterhorn on the triangle thingy box cos that's cheating and without the Matterhorn on the packaging ?

Well, you see the problem? tobyztumblerzonez will never EVER be nor taste the same , Slovakian tobyztumblerzonez?
I don't think so who youz trying to kid where tf is the Matterhorn?
Piece of shoite co-op unfairtrade choco triangles 🔺️ is all they are now and I'm devasted, think the Swiss Franc was devalued 5 fold overnight ( but still cheaper) to make
Slovakiaronez.

Think we're stupid af, oh the gullibillies won't even notice that the massive big mountain 🏔 on the packaging has changed to fkn Bratislava Castle( that part may not be true bit fits the narrative).

View attachment 23443

Aye like we wouldn't notice , I could stuff 3 freddos into an auld tobyztumblerzonez packet and they that's still wouldn't notice, actually its their gullible fkn fault in the first place because the Swiss trialled the freddos in the package first at iblocks and no-one noticed.
And they wonder why we call them gullibillies?
Unbelievable ☹️

Mind over Matterhorn?

Good result for the Hibees last night against the Swiss team Luzern. A great 2nd half. Hibs have the incentive of Aston Villa and John McGinn in the next qualifying round. Don’t mind Aberdeen doing do well in Europe
The diets and sevvies can beat it. Don’t want to see them do well at anything except losing.
Well sevco are guaranteed group stage football in europa league , I think though i could be wrong though that almost never happens 🤥🤥🤥 even if they lose to servette I'm sure they said loser is still straight into group stage europa league without any more play offs . Anyone know if im talking shite or thats true?
No smarty pants please saying I'm talking shite but yes its true 🙄

Well sevco are guaranteed group stage football in europa league , I think though i could be wrong though that almost never happens 🤥🤥🤥 even if they lose to servette I'm sure they said loser is still straight into group stage europa league without any more play offs . Anyone know if im talking shite or thats true?
No smarty pants please saying I'm talking shite but yes its true 🙄
Yes spot on Winter it's true unfortunately they are guaranteed that along with plenty more Tavpens..... I checked with the Dallas cowboy.

I here you and agree, but...... I'm still thinking Servette 4-0 Zombies would make me happy and the coefficient be dammed.

Good idea for a thread Winter ...all be it I think it might be short lived ...Sorry mate .
You took the thought right out of my mind Mag7 haha .
Actually though , joking aside we had a really tough goup last year and we should have , not just could have but should have come away with 6 points at least expecially in both games v Donetsk they were there for the taking both times.

Had we taken our clear cut opportunities against Madrid at CP I reckon we couldve been 3 up at one stage .
Course that doesn't mean we'd have won that game, when you see how they , Madrid, dealt with trailing 2-0 @anfield and won 2-5 but shakhtar got a point from them so we couldbe possiby gotten 1pt that night and been 3rd in that group.
Considering they were the champions at the time that was one Hell of a first half performance with Calmac hitting the woodwork and maeda complete sitter not long after , was watching the highlights on you tube all 3 minutes of them and in the comments section there one from a guy saying I'm a rangers fan , watched that game and these highlights do the dirty on Celtic they could've been 3up I'm first half with just a little bit more composure but they will get better if they can do that to a team like Madrid.

I here you and agree, but...... I'm still thinking Servette 4-0 Zombies would make me happy and the coefficient be dammed.
Well for the sake of Scotland's coefficient, which at the end of the day determines whether or not we continue to retain our automatic champions league spot it's a straight fight I think at the moment between Scotland and Switzerland who fared far better than Scotland last year due to Celtic only picking up 2 draws, rangers were diabolical and for all the pelters we've taken over the years at this level it was extremely satisfying to see them on the recieving end of what Europe's top of the top clubs can do to the likes of the rest of Europe's other top clubs who can't compete with that , Hearts however did fare better and it may even be down to the fact that hearts 2 wins and 6pts coupled with Celtic's 2 draws , Rangers qualifying wins is the reason were still ahead of the Swiss.

I won't pretend to know how the coefficient works completely but suffice to say the first 5 in the table , England,Spain, Germany, Italy,France have those 5 spots sown up forever with 4 clubs automatically qualified for being 4th and 30pts behind the champions in each league a joke akin to our own championship play offs where partick played 6 games to Ross County's 2 , drastically unfair, and the fact that partick won the 1st leg 2-0, were winning the 2nd 1-0 with something like 15 minutes to go what a shocker partick ran out of steam lost 3 goals and missed 1 penalty that saw County stay up , pathetic.

Last edited:
Anyone might be entitled to think that UEFA has set up a Scotland v Switzerland play off for the 9th spot with hibs facing luzern and secvo facing servette , at the moment 2-0 to Scotland.
Should hibs beat luzern weedocbhoy and rangers lost to servette you'd have to assume that would mean as you were ?

Unless servette went onto defeat PSV in the play off that could pose a problem perhaps as I haven't the foggiest on how-it al works and this despite having had a go at reading it ( how the coefficient works) several times.

I think that UEFA just make it so fkn boring that I switch off halfway through chapter 1 paragraph 9.6 fs and you guys think I'm long winded?
Try having a go at UEFAs nonsense.
Whether or nit our national team plays a part or not I think it might but again , pages and pages of section 1.A.ii.c and shit like that .

The swissate performing the best to worry our position but they aren't the ones directly behind us that's turkey and Austria then the Swiss I think

Members online

Latest posts

Back