Scottish Independence

Scotland is endowed with wind. wave and hydro power. Oil aplenty, but we dont want to burn oil now. it is still a good resource. Food and drink industry is top class. universities well regarded world wide. Our problem is England cant afford us to separate, despite their bluster that they subsidise us. The Yanks too will fight tooth and nail to stop their nukes being moved. So indy wont be easy, but it will be well worthwhile. Dont let the bigots dictate our destiny.
In the run-up to the last indy ref, that was the first time in my lifetime when the vast majority of the three establishment parties were singing from the same tri-partisan hymn sheet.

That's including a 12-year period where new Labour outtoried the tories and the tories themselves were almost centrist in their response.

The fear was as palpable as the huns sweating on the 10.

On the face of it, Scotland may seem fairly insignificant, but it literally holds the keys to the kingdom.

The Labour vote would be slashed without Scotland (even in the respect of proportional representation). The libs lose their rural lobbyists and activists. The tories lose their dumping ground for flawed policy initiatives and nuclear waste, as well as, well just their dumping ground.

Another great point about the bigots, Ghery.

They have been responsible for shaping many of the less desirable aspects of life in Scotland, let's remove the power from their hands and realise our potential.

In the run-up to the last indy ref, that was the first time in my lifetime when the vast majority of the three establishment parties were singing from the same tri-partisan hymn sheet.

That's including a 12-year period where new Labour outtoried the tories and the tories themselves were almost centrist in their response.

The fear was as palpable as the huns sweating on the 10.

On the face of it, Scotland may seem fairly insignificant, but it literally holds the keys to the kingdom.

The Labour vote would be slashed without Scotland (even in the respect of proportional representation). The libs lose their rural lobbyists and activists. The tories lose their dumping ground for flawed policy initiatives and nuclear waste, as well as, well just their dumping ground.

Another great point about the bigots, Ghery.

They have been responsible for shaping many of the less desirable aspects of life in Scotland, let's remove the power from their hands and realise our potential.
ah wish SP, try sellin it in brigton,larkhall,kilwinning,bellshill. ad nauseam,civil war mate!!!!

What the hell has Independence got to do with Celtic football club. If there is ever, and God Forbid, another Indy reference then fans of all clubs will vote as they seem fit.
Let’s keep Politics away from football and Celtic FC.

Im laughing JfanCelt because modern day politics can bore the life out of anyone, but Celtic Noise provides a platform through the General Chat forum where so called experts and screwballs like myself can spout shite all day long mate, if I were you and only wanted to talk about Celtic, I would stay well clear of the general chat forum.

What the hell has Independence got to do with Celtic football club. If there is ever, and God Forbid, another Indy reference then fans of all clubs will vote as they seem fit.
Politics got everything to do with football, that's why they cheat us, because of our political and/or our religious beliefs.

I read a quote from Bonaventurra Durruti, a well known Spanish Anarchist from the Spanish Civil War, he said, How can politics or politicians possibly be the answer for they are the cause of all our problems. How can the problem be the answer?
HH Rich

Politics got everything to do with football, that's why they cheat us, because of our political and/or our religious beliefs.

I read a quote from Bonaventurra Durruti, a well known Spanish Anarchist from the Spanish Civil War, he said, How can politics or politicians possibly be the answer for they are the cause of all our problems. How can the problem be the answer?
HH Rich

Jesse Owens 1936 Nazi Olympics,
Tommie Smith and John Carlos salute 1968 Olympics
Argentina world cup win 1978 despite backdrop of violence against public by Fascist leaders
Muhammad Ali dodging the draft for Vietnam war
Cover up of the murders of 96 Liverpool fans by British State

Every part of life is mixed with politics, especially sport.

Scotland is endowed with wind. wave and hydro power. Oil aplenty, but we dont want to burn oil now. it is still a good resource. Food and drink industry is top class. universities well regarded world wide. Our problem is England cant afford us to separate, despite their bluster that they subsidise us. The Yanks too will fight tooth and nail to stop their nukes being moved. So indy wont be easy, but it will be well worthwhile. Dont let the bigots dictate our destiny.

Without Scotland ,England would be bankrupt you have to wonder at the stupidity of the no voters even when cornered and asked why No ,they could never give a decent answer bit like the stupid fkrs who voted for brexit and cheered and now find there out of a job

Not everyones cup of tea but Scotland sits on a huge deposit of schale gas both inland and off the coast

Jfan, with all due respect........

When the principal aim of founding a football club is to help put food in the bellies of starving and impoverished children, then you are as Inexorably linked to a political ideal as you can possibly be!

Like it or not, that is your Celtic, My Celtic, Our Celtic and May God Bless them for it!

When the GB raise £150,000 to help fund the plight of the Palestinian populace, then that is another ideal directly linked to the political world.

Agree or disagree, that is Your Celtic, My Celtic, Our Celtic.

When a groundswell of discontent leads to an internal revolution which unseats and usurps an unpopular board, then that (by definition) is a political coup.

Comfortable or uncomfortable, that is Celtic. Political consciousness is in Our Clubs DNA. It is who and what we are. It is what we represent.

Football ideology was at the core of the last indy ref, Ironically - this was not driven by Celtic, but by the unionist hun fan base who would vote for a turd in the lavvy if it were wearing the union flag.

For the most part, Celtic fans voted with their hearts and minds. The huns cut their nose to spite their already disfigured faces.

Jfan, with all due respect........

When the principal aim of founding a football club is to help put food in the bellies of starving and impoverished children, then you are as Inexorably linked to a political ideal as you can possibly be!

Like it or not, that is your Celtic, My Celtic, Our Celtic and May God Bless them for it!

When the GB raise £150,000 to help fund the plight of the Palestinian populace, then that is another ideal directly linked to the political world.

Agree or disagree, that is Your Celtic, My Celtic, Our Celtic.

When a groundswell of discontent leads to an internal revolution which unseats and usurps an unpopular board, then that (by definition) is a political coup.

Comfortable or uncomfortable, that is Celtic. Political consciousness is in Our Clubs DNA. It is who and what we are. It is what we represent.

Football ideology was at the core of the last indy ref, Ironically - this was not driven by Celtic, but by the unionist hun fan base who would vote for a turd in the lavvy if it were wearing the union flag.

For the most part, Celtic fans voted with their hearts and minds. The huns cut their nose to spite their already disfigured faces.
Independence has nothing to do with Celtic FC. If Brother Wilfred was here, he would tell you where to go.

Independence has nothing to do with Celtic FC. If Brother Wilfred was here, he would tell you where to go.
On the contrary......

Independent thinking has everything to do with Celtic, that's why the had to fund the resources to feed folk that the government of the time couldn't.

What could be more in line with independence than that?

I'm glad you can speak to Brother Walfrid's mindset, Jfan. I wouldn't dare to presume what he may have thought!

Trying hard to understand all the folk who seem to know what Brother Walfrid would do or not do they put great faith into a person they have never met nor spoken to

When you have to go to the graveyard to put your point across it sort of defeats the argument

Last edited by a moderator:
Hers me thinking General chat was for whatever the Fuck you wanted it to be for. I think independence is something we all have an opinion on, even If that opinion is "ah don't gee a fuck"

Just in...can t wai for today and CP........FIrrest gets ahat trick anmd sinclir a double . but weh plays frim the strt and anothe hatick so it will be 8 nol CELITC the mity ................NEDDIng my bed....im fuched
am bitlzed.........................,,,,,,,,,,,hai hal

Just in...can t wai for today and CP........FIrrest gets ahat trick anmd sinclir a double . but weh plays frim the strt and anothe hatick so it will be 8 nol CELITC the mity ................NEDDIng my bed....im fuched
am bitlzed.........................,,,,,,,,,,,hai hal
Hahaha you don't say, JC?

We'd have never known.

Get your head doon, big fella......enjoy the game and don't sleep in!

Back