Serbia v SCOTLAND

I love the country of my birth, I will support it's football team regardless of who puts on it's dark blue jersey. But, and there is a BUT, why are we playing international football when most of the planet is battling a potentially life threatening virus.
It is lunacy to take football players out of, expensively created, bubbles and mix them with with players of the same nationality playing in different countries, when Ian NOT ALLOWED to see my grandkids who live 've on the same street.
Sorry. Got a bit preachy there. But it grinds my fucking gears.
thanx fur listenin.
If Internationals go, so does all European club competition. Now that might be acceptable to clubs like us who have totally fucked up our Europa campaign, but for all the teams who haven't, this won't he supported until a major upswing in players getting covid. With most European countries in some form of lockdown this seems unlikely.

1605110174793.png

The SFA could have avoided us the taxpaper footing the Charlie bill, as in its simplistic terminology, all these cases came about through the pretence and deciet to keep a shit show on the road and pretend Elvis FC 1872 was still alive and that there was no tribute act perfoming in that name of Elvis FC 1872.
In doing so endless battles and prejudices raised their ugly head wereby authorities blatanly lied and made up things regarding the shit show and its implosion leading to massive claims at the expense of the innocent publics tax money, the taxpayer has just footed the bill for incompetentence and spivery and the NHS has just been deprived of that money that could have been spent in the fight against covid among other things .

Usually I would be looking forward to a match against the auld enemy, but Thursday night instead will be all about hoping that Scotland can win and qualify. So good luck to Scotland from a good few of us in Ireland.

P. S That don't apply to the boys from the North

Found this brilliant game Scotland Celtic v Ireland Celtic at Celtic park, Scotland drew in Dublin after and still went out to Ireland who beat Germany on the last night. This was great at the time so many celts and former celts both managers celts at Celtic park brilliant , hopefully Scotland can conjure something up cmon griff send us through for the unlikeliest of qualifiers.

Israel v Norway called off.
Happened upon a site saying this
"
Following the coronavirus cases reported in the Israeli team on Tuesday, the Norwegian Football Federation said in a statement that the match would not take place as a result of consultations with health authorities.

It added that the infected players spent time with teammates before being brought under isolation, leading to increased risk for the rest of the players and staff of the two countries."

I've not heard anything of bitton or el hamed but I'm guessing that they must've been with the israel team hope they are ok.
Heres the link

These games are a needless health hazard to clubs and their employees. UEFA, determined to make money whilst people are hospitalised. They managed to turn their pointless friendlies into a little tournament so smaller countries with no chance of qualifying and scotland can have some football charity , a hand out qualification berth for beating a side "more our level ". That's fine and its drummed up interest in the right way the nations league. Last nights international friendlies though? Why on earth is a, literally , pointless bounce game that no-one can attend anyway given the go-ahead if not for the money that UEFA make and national FA's through handouts, then still because of a squad gathering from Europe wide, the numbers are greater than govt rules on the size of groups of people, bubbles are bust virus is spread. That's not real competition it's just dangerous and reckless.

Found this brilliant game Scotland Celtic v Ireland Celtic at Celtic park, Scotland drew in Dublin after and still went out to Ireland who beat Germany on the last night. This was great at the time so many celts and former celts both managers celts at Celtic park brilliant , hopefully Scotland can conjure something up cmon griff send us through for the unlikeliest of qualifiers.

What a thing of beauty Maloney's goal was 😎👍

What a thing of beauty Maloney's goal was 😎👍
Aye Maloney had incredible ability James Forrest reminds me of him in that both could be world beaters and totally ordinary game to game. Somehow both have the ability to take your breath away, surprising us with truly awesome individual moments of brilliance even though we always know that skill is there and shouldn't be surprised by now when forest decides to cut inside, lose 3 men and score from 25yrs at the tightest of angles like Maloney would pass the ball into the net from outside the box or score an outrageous free kick. Will be interesting to watch what becomes of Maloney and his international career , he is still belgium no2 I think. Future Celtic manager perhaps? Again that would surprise me

I wonder if this game or the 0-0 return in Dublin sets some kind of Celtic record? The most Celtic associated international excluding testimonials etc. The number of (at that time) current and past , mibbess even future players and management team people , I cannot recall such a huge amount of celts in any other game. A competitive international that had the feeling of a competitive testimonial, WGS had broony, maloney and marshall in goal think maybe still mulgrew and MON has McGeady and Keane , perfect to play at CP and a much better atmosphere. I've thought for years hampden should only get the odd game and Scotland games , competitive games be spread across the nation. If were playing against other Europeans like Kazakhstan (cough cough) Estonia or Finland then those games should be played at tynecastle or pittodrie , 20, 000 fans at hampden looks embarrassing for the stadiums not even half full, move that support to a 20'000 stadium and itll be rocking. We play the faroe islands or Luxembourg? Then play it at a smaller 10-15'000 sell out stadium. Then when the bigger nations like england come calling hampden can fill it then. Still theres games like the ireland game that still today is a no brainer to play at CP for the atmosphere that brings. Idk perhaps (probably) Scotland v Northern Ireland at ibrox would be something similar. Scotland v the likes of Brazil, Argentina or Germany definitely should have CP for atmosphere or even murrayfield to accommodate more supporters. The EFA do this a lot , I think its because they don't own Wembley they take various qames round Anfield, Manchester etc, the national game shouldn't be tied to Glasgow alone .

Last edited:
Back