Should Boli be binned?

Just to reaffirm the huge risk that Boli placed Scotland in, we had news last night of a family of four with no overseas travel risk being found to be positive and this has caused 1/4 of the population of NZ who live in Auckland to go into Level 3 lockdown. The 50,000 tickets sold for the weekend rugby scrapped. Every bar closed. You get the drift... Our border security fecked up. Rest of the entire country raised from Level 1 to level 2. Bugger!

Last edited:
A wee hun stating on Clyde you have to punish the club as this is the only thing that will have an impact, totally disagree, if i was a disgruntled player wanting a move and have a hatred for not been treated fairly, then i would be hopping of to Spain and phoning the media to follow me. Hun logic is based on a hatred of Celtic and it's fans.

Yes. Sack him, gross misconduct.
Questions also need to be asked of the manager who gave the team 3-4 days off following the Hamilton game, no wonder we looked so bad yesterday, days off after the first competitive game in 5 months. A joke.
Boli Bolingoli Mbombo, set an examole to all and ban him from football Sine Die. If you breach the rules with such disdain for all, who wants a player like that. Make an example and tell the rest, break the rules never play again. Not kneejerk reaction, gave it thought and it's simple threaten life ,go away, never return, never kick a ball as a pro. Maybe the tits will behave. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Killie are playing tommorow night, so why can Celtic not play if killie played against Celtic , so the testing must be the reason for acceptance, So basically it's a punishment nothing to do with the risk. So for all the shite thats been spoke, we see a contradiction of terms.
You need to have a minimum of 15 minutes close contact in an enclosed environment for it to be considered above a low risk. Boli was only on the pitch for ~10 minutes, so coupled with the fact it is in a large open environment for such a short period of time it is classed as casual contact and very low risk (although still an unnecessary risk all the same which could have increased if he'd played longer). If he tests positive then that is a different matter and the shit will really hit the fan.

In case you never noticed, none of our defenders could stay close enough to any Killie players on Sunday! 😉

Boli Bolingoli Mbombo, set an examole to all and ban him from football Sine Die. If you breach the rules with such disdain for all, who wants a player like that. Make an example and tell the rest, break the rules never play again. Not kneejerk reaction, gave it thought and it's simple threaten life ,go away, never return, never kick a ball as a pro. Maybe the tits will behave. :mad::mad::mad::mad:
[/Q

Sometimes the serious comic becomes a serious critic. Great article Clumpany. This needs sorted.

Good Evening.

The Clumpany has no time for the sanctimonious wibbling of attempted journalists and pundits who ordinarily wouldn’t know the meaning of rules or the concept of ‘the good of the game’ if they poured a bucket of sh*t over their heads and shouted “you are an absolute disgrace you cowardly morons”.

The Clumpany has no time for fans of other clubs taking a pop at Celtic and demanding that the entire first team is beheaded twice and that Celtic Park is turned into a bingo hall. Partisan fans will be partisan. It goes with the territory and I am sure they will get at least as good as they give in due course.

The Clumpany also has no time for the grandstanding of politicians who – although they have a duty to try and steer the country through the Coronavirus crisis – have rarely acted to the benefit of Scottish Football (see summits, the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act, and a curious attitude to calling a spade a spade when it comes to anti-Irish racism etc…)

The Clumpany also has no time for Celtic fans who might be inclined to defend the club following the news that Boli Bolingoli flew to Spain came back, didn’t quarantine and then played against Kilmarnock (although its open to question whether any Celtic player did actually turn up against Kilmarnock).

However, the Clumpany – as someone who wants the best for Celtic – does have time to point the finger at the club and ask “what the f*ck are you playing at?”

And when I say “the club” I mean the whole enterprise from top to bottom. Clearly no-one can forcibly control the movements and actions of a stupid/ reckless/ irresponsible player at all times. But where something as distuptive as the Boli Bolingoli Balls-Up occurs questions have to be asked about how this happened – especially when the players seem to have been given days off at a time when they are supposedly sharpening up for a testing campaign after a long layoff.

Celtic are very proud of their efforts to be highly professional in all that they do and even mentioned their Coronavirus-related efforts in today’s statement:

“Since the Covid -19 crisis began, we have had a safe and healthy squad of players, recording not one positive test. As a club, we have worked tirelessly to ensure a sustained, safe environment for all.

We have led the way in working with the football authorities and Scottish Government to establish the most rigorous, effective protocols and working practices, which ultimately led to the resumption of football. We could have done no more in this area.”

I have no doubt that what they say about their efforts is true, and although the apologies offered in the statement are genuinely commendable their claim that they “could have done no more in this area” is – frankly – laughable. Seriously it’s embarrassing. Sure, any system is only as good as its weakest element, but Celtic clearly stand embarrassed, with their reputation damaged, and their season already massively disrupted through an entirely self-inflicted wound.

Those among the Celtic support who have been quick to blast Budge and Cormack and their managers over their own club’s shortcomings (I’ll leave you to find their blogs) would do well to ask “what the hell were Lawwell and Lennon doing while this sh*tshow unfolded?”

Make no mistake, this is as close to a crisis as Celtic has been in in many years. Everyone at the club – EVERYONE – should be pulling out all the stops to deliver success at all times, but in the face of the current pandemic where the completion of even most the season is in doubt; and in the context of the possibility of achieving 10-in-a-row, any slipping of standards is pretty unforgivable.

The damage to the reputation of the club, the fixture congestion resulting from the postponements announced today, and the sheer fact that it now feels like we can’t trust the club or players not to fall foul of the Coronavirus rules are all very troubling. As such, the events of recent days should be treated as a calamity by the board, with questions asked from top to bottom, and people held accountable. If this doesn’t happen then people who really should know better are being negligent.

This is no time for half-measures, complacency or seeking solace in a decent-looking balance sheet. Something needs to change to ensure that this never happens again and that the team is put in the best possible position to win the league, win cups and progress in Europe.

I don’t think it is an understatement to say that it looks like Celtic don’t know what they are doing at the moment. You can have the most expensive squad in Scottish football, the best manager in the country, a Chief Executive who is a highly effective operator and network builder, a board packed full of experienced professionals, a major shareholder who is a genuine billionaire, and a bank balance so big it gets offers to play the giant in Jack and The Beanstalk in pantomime every Christmas, but if a monumental disruptive f*ck-up like the Bolingoli Balls-Up happens on your watch you have to ask yourself how you allowed this to happen. And then get it sorted

So please Celtic, please do some serious hard headed reviewing, planning, regrouping and soul-searching in very short order. If heads have to roll, and some off-plan spending has to occurs then so be it

I for one am not accustomed to feeling embarrassed and worried like this.

Will the real Celtic FC please now stand up?

#KeepOnClumping

NB I realise that this rare serious blog and its message will not be to everyone’s taste. If you don’t like it and/ or don’t agree then fair enough. But I’ve said my peace and feel better for it.
😉

UOTE]

He would of been warned leaving and on return about his 14 day quarantine and ignored it.

He gave no reason for going (apparently)

He has been rumbled by someone or his trip for whatever reason didn't work out. So he has came clean over it.

It reeks of more than stupidity.

Ducktape him to a fucking chair and give him a dose of sodium pentothal :/ !

He had a series of bad games then ended up getting taken out of the fold with the yips.

Ffs how is Boli going to dust this off? My money says he won't/can't so we can't keep paying wages for that.

I'll further the point by saying he just couldn't play at the level we needed and had to be putting in a man of the match/personal best (for him) type preformance to even get pass marks at our required level.
Not a good defender and not the best attacker...where does that leave him?

He has never fitted our system.

If a player gives you the fear every time he has the ball or is chasing it down is that a guy you want in the team?

For football reasons and for reasons of blatant disregard he has to go.

Ditch him on a free. At least he now has a proper bit of media attention.

Some other club will take a punt on him and we will save 2 years worth of wages getting him off the books.

He would of been warned leaving and on return about his 14 day quarantine and ignored it.

He gave no reason for going (apparently)

He has been rumbled by someone or his trip for whatever reason didn't work out. So he has came clean over it.

It reeks of more than stupidity.

Ducktape him to a fucking chair and give him a dose of sodium pentothal :/ !

He had a series of bad games then ended up getting taken out of the fold with the yips.

Ffs how is Boli going to dust this off? My money says he won't/can't so we can't keep paying wages for that.

I'll further the point by saying he just couldn't play at the level we needed and had to be putting in a man of the match/personal best (for him) type preformance to even get pass marks at our required level.
Not a good defender and not the best attacker...where does that leave him?

He has never fitted our system.

If a player gives you the fear every time he has the ball or is chasing it down is that a guy you want in the team?

For football reasons and for reasons of blatant disregard he has to go.

Ditch him on a free. At least he now has a proper bit of media attention.

Some other club will take a punt on him and we will save 2 years worth of wages getting him off the books.
👏👏👏👏🍺🥳

Jetting off to Spain for a holiday?

What the actual?????????

Not sure if he needs emptied out the club but ffs, that was as stupid as it's possible to be these days.
Bolingoli aside for a second , just wtf is going on at Celtic park? If Griffiths isnt breaking club and social distancing rules bolingoli is doing his own thing as well. After a super 5-1 win over Hamilton (in which during that game there was warning signs before we scored our third. Have always said only Celtic can beat Celtic but this lack of respect for the club, the manager and the supporters is leaving a bad taste in the mouth. SMSM are wetting themselves with excitement and of course weve only played 2 games. I'm not happy, embarrassed even by the lack of professionalism that's currently being shown by some players. We are the benchmark yet were acting like were only 8 yrs old. We have enough to deal with this season with no doubt every game giving us a handicap of minus 1 before we start as the penalties and red cards will come I'm sure. PL remains silent, DD remains the most invisible billionaire on gods green earth. Lenny must be going off his nut. Hes a leader a top one but he needs backing. Not just financially. We cant get into the stadium despite record season ticket sales, weve backed the club to the hilt and as yet I dont see any reciprocating. Every fan, their granny and their dug knows what positions are required to be filled. We seem more interested in making huge sums of money 500k for an international whose value will no doubt multiply by 5 as soon as we sell him. I feel for the rest of the players abiding strictly to regulations, rules and laws even only to see 2 of our so called "main men " are letting the group down. Every chain is only as strong as its weakest link ( or some bs like that) please bring back Johan Mhjallby to kick some serious arse around lennoxtow. 10 iar is not a formality still I have every confidence we'll return stronger, we must. We definately must stop giving SMSM exactly what they want by shooting ourselves in the foot at every opportunity. If ever , even for a minute the board thought we could win this 10 without any significant signings then they must be aware by now that we are standing still ...again and thats so fkn aggravating to put it mildly not to mention arrogant, Jozo shouldn't have been let go before a replacement was in place either. F*n sort it out my love , my Celtic HH

Last edited:
Back