So where do we go from here?

It appears it was to release a hard working player who would run through a brick wall for the Hoops to allow him to sign for a competitor while deferring his wages for 12 months, to keep playing disgruntled highly paid divas who think they are better than Celtic while refusing to play these endless "projects" so ensuring they never get a chance to settle or shine, and to fanny about haggling over every single affordable legitimate transfer target, often losing out to other teams or finally getting the players in far too late for us to use in our quest to qualify for the Champions League!

The same as last season, and the season before, and the season before, etc, etc!
Yep, yep, yep mate. Seen this movie too many times, and it was shite the first time round.

Where Do We Go from here......Well ...Tin hat on...But. I think the Huns are a better team than that lot last nite....We have a rocky road ahead to get this 10 with the state of our team at the mo. :confused:
Its hard ti tell who's better, when we're so so bad.
I couldnae tell yi how Sevco has played against us when they've won points, but i can tell you how bad we were. Same lastnight. We're so fucking abysmal at times, its hard to tell if the other team are decent. Shockingly, Shockingly bad. The whole team should forfeit their wages for the month of August, management included.

Something has to change or it will just be more of different day, same old shit. If they keep going as they are, they will get the same outcome (isn't the definition of insanity "doing the same things over and over and expecting different results"?)

Lennon said that if players don't want to be at Celtic then they should go - if Lennon doesn't want to improve by learning about tactics, changing the team before the final 10 minutes, getting rid of those he says don't want to be there instead of playing them and looking a bit more interested instead of slouching back on his dugout seat, he should go as well. He can't make a case that his squad was under-resourced because Lawwell will just retort that he bought Lennon two strikers in 2020 and Lennon waited until the eleventh hour to play only one of them".

Well, I'm spinning downward on a spiral of rage and disappointment. But not surprise. That's not a problem, I am not surprised and that makes the sadness scary. Because I see no hope of a change of attitude. Caution isnt in our DNA, fighting our corner is. We would prefer to die on our feet than live on our knees. I wish the board would get that. Failure to get the players we need to qualify is a yearly event. This isnt a one off fuck up, it's the same fuck up every fucking year. That's bad leadership. That's awful decision making. That's fucking cowardice. And that's fucking worse. Well, it is to me.

Well, I'm spinning downward on a spiral of rage and disappointment. But not surprise. That's not a problem, I am not surprised and that makes the sadness scary. Because I see no hope of a change of attitude. Caution isnt in our DNA, fighting our corner is. We would prefer to die on our feet than live on our knees. I wish the board would get that. Failure to get the players we need to qualify is a yearly event. This isnt a one off fuck up, it's the same fuck up every fucking year. That's bad leadership. That's awful decision making. That's fucking cowardice. And that's fucking worse. Well, it is to me.
Me too. Go out fucking fighting. We capitulate in the worst way imaginable in Europe. Have done in my entire living memory (early noughts and 2003 not included)

The zero fan factor is going to be massive this year...I said this weeks ago and was slated for saying that it will be a leveller and that teams will actually be inspired playing us and that our play especially in the last 10 minutes will lack the drive and urgency that our support bring....that saying, it's not really the full reason we were flat last night and in previous games but it's definitely a factor and will continue to be so....If I was the manager, I'd drop a fair few for Sunday's game and would line up

Bain
Frimpong Ajer Biton Taylor
Corpus turnbull McGregor Ely
Ajeti Klimala

Too many players getting too comfy including mainstays like brown, Eddie , Julie, forrest

Last 3 games-66 attempts-3 goals scored,solution? play a midfielder as a striker and leave 2 strikers on the bench!

Went for the false 9 and it backfired.....the thing is we could have started with Paddy.....ran him in to the ground which I think the boy would have loved.....and then brought on Ajeti for 20 mins or so.....instead we change the shape and balance of the team and it all goes pear shaped...

Went for the false 9 and it backfired.....the thing is we could have started with Paddy.....ran him in to the ground which I think the boy would have loved.....and then brought on Ajeti for 20 mins or so.....instead we change the shape and balance of the team and it all goes pear shaped...

Christie was playing well when he moved to the right side

Every player should be completely committed to the Celtic cause, even if they have ambitions to move on, insists captain Scott Brown.

Following Wednesday's Champions League qualifying exit, manager Neil Lennon revealed some of his squad had been "making waves to leave".

Brown was surprised by the comments but stressed the need for dedication.

"It doesn't matter if they want to be here or not, everyone gives 100%, the gaffer demands it," he said.

"For me, the lads want to be here. I don't know what people have said to the manager individually to be perfectly honest.

"There are a lot of lads who love this club that want to see us winning games, that have been here throughout, winning trophies, winning trebles and we know the feeling and it means so much to us."

Last night was infuriating to say the least from here we need to pick up the pieces and drive on for the rest of the season.
Galvanize the playing squad there is lots of quality within it but we need to fight for the right to win any game.
Fair enough we got caught up in the hysteria of loosing in the champions league qualifiers
again, its very hard to stomach to be honest.
This Club needs to be up there fighting with the best of Europe.
Hopefully the highly paid at our club can have a think in and find enough solutions to bring the 10 to paradise 🍀
Europe will have to take a back seat temporarily.

The zero fan factor is going to be massive this year...I said this weeks ago and was slated for saying that it will be a leveller and that teams will actually be inspired playing us and that our play especially in the last 10 minutes will lack the drive and urgency that our support bring....that saying, it's not really the full reason we were flat last night and in previous games but it's definitely a factor and will continue to be so....If I was the manager, I'd drop a fair few for Sunday's game and would line up

Bain
Frimpong Ajer Biton Taylor
Corpus turnbull McGregor Ely
Ajeti Klimala

Too many players getting too comfy including mainstays like brown, Eddie , Julie, forrest
I wouldn't have ajer within an asses roar of the team. He's a big heade prick who thinks he's better than he actually is. He's a fuckin midfielder who wasn't good enough to play in midfield so they converted him to a defender. I wouldn't have Christie near it either. The amount of possession he wastes is criminal. He takes every fuckin corner, the majority of which either hit the first man or ballooned across the square. He's also another of the want away brigade being pushed by his oul fella tryin to cash in a la Tierney.
Greg Taylor wants to be there, but no harm to the lad he's not good enough.
Jullien is another of the want away brigade who plays like he's wearin roller skate and his fuckin head is made of plasticine. For a big man he's a bag of shite. Coming from a gaa background, he's the type of lad you send the team hatchet man out to soften him up a wee bit.
Ntcham another want away is not a bad player when he decides to play but goes missing for long periods of games. From the day and hour he landed he's been lookin away.
Apparently wee dembele lookin out too.
Which poses the question, why are they all lookin to go?

I've had twenty four hours to mull over my thoughts. I'm still very disappointed and annoyed. Mo had a late goal chalked off for offside yet was being played onside by a defender on the far side close to the linesman. Had that been given then things might have been so different. So be it. Football matches can hinge on just a few inches like that. We are a big fish, the biggest fish in a small pond. We have delusions of grandeur. Of entitlement. We have won the last 11 domestic trophies in a row YET we are not one of the best teams in Europe. What's the KPI for the Board and managerial staff? How bad will you feel if we do not win the league this year? Just let that possibility sink in. That would be a hundred times worse that how I feel today. If you are allowed to wear the hooped jersey you have to excel and play like a champion. We have to not just get three points this weekend , we have to assert our dominance.

I wouldn't have ajer within an asses roar of the team. He's a big heade prick who thinks he's better than he actually is. He's a fuckin midfielder who wasn't good enough to play in midfield so they converted him to a defender. I wouldn't have Christie near it either. The amount of possession he wastes is criminal. He takes every fuckin corner, the majority of which either hit the first man or ballooned across the square. He's also another of the want away brigade being pushed by his oul fella tryin to cash in a la Tierney.
Greg Taylor wants to be there, but no harm to the lad he's not good enough.
Jullien is another of the want away brigade who plays like he's wearin roller skate and his fuckin head is made of plasticine. For a big man he's a bag of shite. Coming from a gaa background, he's the type of lad you send the team hatchet man out to soften him up a wee bit.
Ntcham another want away is not a bad player when he decides to play but goes missing for long periods of games. From the day and hour he landed he's been lookin away.
Apparently wee dembele lookin out too.
Which poses the question, why are they all lookin to go?

Into the bastards

A message from a fan to every Celtic player
When you have the honour to put on a Celtic shirt you are not just playing a football match. You are representing the hopes and dreams of the many thousands of Celtic fans who live and breathe this team. You represent the poor and oppressed. You need to know that you are not an individual. You are a representative of a diaspora to whom you can bring joy or sorrow. All we ask is that you give us your best. Sometimes it will not be enough. I can accept if we are beaten by Bayern Munich or PSG but domestic failure is unacceptable. It's more than a job or a pay packet. It's our mental health. Make us happy.

I've just seen lenny on sky and he says players have came to him n said they want to move on it's been bothering him for 6 month so I assume the board also know some want to leave so wits the fuckin strategy for this season's signings to replace the want always? Are the board gonna get him enough to cover losses and still be able to sustain a long season Julien was awful last night 7 mill he cost Its not good enough i get je was bought before pandemic but we over paid massively major obviously wants to go fine sell him bring in some one who's first n foremost a bloody good defender I'm no happy way klimala not being on he wid av been a target at the very least no good enough for lenny or is it a ploy fae gaffer to send message to board he needs more substantial funds playing without a strikers unforgivable as soon as i heard i knew we were getting beat we need a proper sit down at our club get it all out n get a fuckin strategy never mind haggling for the odd million here or there sell the want aways quickly n get new recruits in rapid play celtic am pure scunnered man
Hi pal,I didn't know Lennon had said that,well if he knew six months ago,what the hell have we done about it.The seasons underway,we've just been papped out the qualifiers and the wantaways are still here.Is it just me but would it not be a good idea to have identified a replacement in the last six months and then punt the player who wants to be off.To be dealing with this pish know with the season well underway is mental,no planning whatsoever.

Back