St.Johnstone v Celtic, Saturday 8th October, 12.30pm

Team were in control today for mist of the game then the last 10 mins seemed to let a bit of panic set in, stream was a bit behind and I was raging when they equalised but my daughter came upstairs and said don't worry things get better then Giakoumakis scores happy days she had livescore on

I still think we need to be smarter and improve our game management. We were in injury time, under pressure with only a 1-0 lead. Hart caught the ball and went charging through the melee of players to try to start a fast breakaway. We would be better just calming the game down sometimes and sensibly see the game out.

Ah well, we won and that is what matters most.

Watching Aberdeen v Dundee Utd and Rob McLean on red tv, if you are only listening to this game on radio Aberdeen are playing in white and Dundee utd in their tradional tangerine. Who the fuck needs to know the colour of strips if its you listening on the radio.

Missed the winning goal, turned the telly off, went out into the car, as we were going for our double vaccine I heard my daughter screech from her room.
I returned to tell her I could hear her outside.
I mistakenly thought she was shouting in anger at the draw.
It was the best screech ever. 🙄😉

I wish to fuck the big man would let us see kyogo and GG up front for a run of games together
I hate to criticise a hoops player but the game time maeda gets and he’s fucking honking 🤷‍♂️
A bit harsh bigman. He played as a striker in Japan and is now being deployed on the wing. Kyogo has also been used in that role and was poor. If he's a striker then why doesn't he give him a chance there. He doesn't get the credit for all the donkey work he does for the team. The amount of time he breaks play up and wins the ball back is unreal. His stats are off the scale for the amount of running he does in a game compared to everyone else and he never complains whether he starts or not. He's a proper team player. Abada done fuck all on the other side today and missed at least two fuckin sitters. What about him?

Lots of gnashing of teeth today

From my years watching us, i know a couple of things for certain

A league season in Scotland is a hard grind
Any Celtic team i've watched, no matter how good has it's up's and downs throughout every season
Winning away from home is often not pretty against 12 men camped in

So when your off the boil and struggling, you need character.
IMO it wasn't pretty football that won us a league last season, it was character and we saw that today. Winning a game of football like that today for me is better than a free flowing easy 5-0 win.

This was amost the day the huns pulled level on points with us, but they're still playing catch up

Fuck the performance, i'll take that another 15 times away from home this year

A bit harsh bigman. He played as a striker in Japan and is now being deployed on the wing. Kyogo has also been used in that role and was poor. If he's a striker then why doesn't he give him a chance there. He doesn't get the credit for all the donkey work he does for the team. The amount of time he breaks play up and wins the ball back is unreal. His stats are off the scale for the amount of running he does in a game compared to everyone else and he never complains whether he starts or not. He's a proper team player. Abada done fuck all on the other side today and missed at least two fuckin sitters. What about him?
It's a fair comment
I was in that camp a few weeks ago myself, he is Mr 100% no doubt,
but based on the last few months, we need strikers scoring goals,
ability over effort

Re Abada, his stats are of the charts since he joined the club, his are goals and assists though
so while he does have spells and games like you mention today, he scores big goals in big games

Big GG channeling his inner Tony Ralston with that last minute goal
The St Johnstone fans deserve all they get, paying to watch that mob play week in, week out
Taking Hatate, O'Riley and Haksa off, Abada as well at one point, that upset what rhythm, we had in the first half, but we got through this game, and left with the three points, and that's what counts
Probably made the changes with the Leipzig game coming up, but FFS, winning the league is most important
Win that, and we're in the CL every year
Depending on the SPFL opposition, we should give Bosun Lawall a chance
The injuries are showing our depth in the squad isn't as deep as first though
Jenz injured ? Or were him and Taylor rested ?
Maybe big Benji in for a game to give Joe Hart a rest

HH

Not the best watch but this is down to our continuing missed opportunities.
Linesman played his part in making sure his flags were up early to make it look like clear offside decisions rather than risking us scoring legit goals.
I mentioned before the game it was about could we show grit snd determination..and that this is gonna be challenging with key Injuries and a bit of an unexplained inability to take our chances.
We showed we can dig deep and it's exactly what might just turn our corner again. Get it right up all the huns at Sky who thought we had dropped more points
Feeling a whole lot better about our games coming up with CCV back and big GG back in the mix.
Not a bad Cameo from.Jamesy and some important contributions from Bernabei Hacksahunovic and Hatate giving me a renewed hope we can regain momentum without our captain.
Well done bhoys 💚🍀🇮🇪👍

Back