St Johnstone v Celtic - Sunday 14 February, kick-off 12 noon. All comments here

I will support any team that Lennon fields. Duffy is a better player than anyone who posts here and I hope he scores at least two goals .
So will we as Celtic fans back the team, and yep Duffy is better than anyone of us, but if you consider the age range in here and perhaps medical ailments and the fact most have never had the opportuntiy to be picked up and trained to his level, then you are right, but on that note Duffy is better than any of the remaining lions also.
if Duffy turns up and produces the type of game we thought we would get from him when brought in, like his first couple, when he banged in goals, then he will get the full support befind him, we all want the best for the guy, his heart is in the right place, we only need his brain and body to function in unity, we know he is a pro and gives his best at times, but sometimes its best to leave your determination in the dressing room and engage your thought processes and read your opponents next move and cancel his move, thats all we ask, do the job of a centre half and stop been all over the place. Cmon the Big Shane Duffy, lets see it.

I agree, I'd rather play with 10 men than include Duffy, I never thought I'd say that but he's that bad, he's worth a goal start to the opposition.
He brings nothing to the table, not even a threat at corners despite his size. Heed like 50p coin. Barges into people and the Refs are already blowing their whistle soon as he's anywhere near the ball. Makes McManus and Cauldwell look like Beckenbauer and Maldini.
We DO play with 10 men when Duffy is in the team Brim...

3-0 the hoops be nice to see James forrest play some part.but get the win I know we have handed the league to sevco at least make them fight to the finish line.
Lenny "we need him to do some straight line running"
Sounds of it Forrest is a bit away yet. The type of language I want to hear is "his numbers are good, his ankle is strong, looking like his old self in training..."
He has been lucky injury wise for a good few years but early in his career he was constantly brought back in early and ended up sidelined.
He is going to be one of the very few players from this squad I expect to be here for next season. Rather he missed a few extra games now, gets match fit then does a full pre season.

Ffs got a hangover and now I've just found out Duffy is a better player than me ,its going to be a long day today.

I might be a wee bit on the slow side these days, I can't jump as high or tackle as hard as I could,and no one has ever given me circa 60grand a week for one disaster after another. But no way on God's Green earth is Duffy bloody better than me at football.

Lennon is gradually drifting back to the same shite we had pre Christmas..... No soro in the team, Christie startin, brown startin, Duffy startin, cal Mac who obviously needs rested and one fuckin striker on the pitch.
However if Duffy and Christie score, I'll ease off him........ For today!

Ffs got a hangover and now I've just found out Duffy is a better player than me ,its going to be a long day today.

I might be a wee bit on the slow side these days, I can't jump as high or tackle as hard as I could,and no one has ever given me circa 60grand a week for one disaster after another. But no way on God's Green earth is Duffy bloody better than me at football.
Most of us have good reasons to be worse than Duffy, too auld, too fat, too wee, heavy smokers, ragin alkies, massive feet, these and other afflictions are why none of us, to my knowledge get paid 45 grand a week to be a professional footballer.
But the only reason anyone can come up with as to why Duffy gets 45 grand a week for being a professional footballer is that he's better than us, says it all really.🙄

Most of us have good reasons to be worse than Duffy, too auld, too fat, too wee, heavy smokers, ragin alkies, massive feet, these and other afflictions are why none of us, to my knowledge get paid 45 grand a week to be a professional footballer.
But the only reason anyone can come up with as to why Duffy gets 45 grand a week for being a professional footballer is that he's better than us, says it all really.🙄
Even an injured Bitton would be better than a 'fit' Duffy FFS.

Lennon is gradually drifting back to the same shite we had pre Christmas..... No soro in the team, Christie startin, brown startin, Duffy startin, cal Mac who obviously needs rested and one fuckin striker on the pitch.
However if Duffy and Christie score, I'll ease off him........ For today!

I was just about to post the same thing...why has soro all of a sudden been dropped. Our best player everytime he was on the park. I cant wait till lennon just goes.

4 Lennon signings, around £15m worth, sitting on the bench along with 2 of Lennon's loan signings.
A 35 year old playing his 4th game in 11 days ahead of the 22 year old who was 'rested' for the Killie game and hasn't been seen since.
A hologram continues between the sticks.
Duffy.
[/QUOTE)
And look at the calibre of player we are being linked with for on a pre contract for next season. Robbie Brady. A typical Lennon standard. There will be more than Jesus weeping, if this comes about.

Back