St Mirren v Celtic - Wed 22nd Dec 7.45pm

All we've heard for a couple of days is poor St Mirren having no team to pick from. And yet s

It's a recurring theme. At least if Julie was fit to be in the team he would offer a goal threat at corners.
you cant play against a team who eleven goalkeepers without a recognised striker no doubt the filth will take seven off them on sunday

its like watching a blindfolded boxer with lots of talent just constantly windmilling both arms against a boxer with no legs

and the blind folded boxer wondering why he gets puffed out so much just constantly throwing punches at thin air

eventual;ly oneof those windmills will connect

aye maybe if you kneel doon the bloke your boxing has no legs

no no no

i dont do any other tactic

wild air windmills for me

oh feck ive dislocated my fatigued shoulder with all the windmills

feck just keep doing the windmills

argh argh argh argh

oh feck its so sore

friggin kneel doon and take aff the blind fold and just smack the dude he has no legs

no no no

windmills for me with a blind fold on

Not sure why Kyogo wasn't in the squad.....
I'mean he plays a blinder on Sunday, got subbed looking happy fit and unhurt....then tonight.......a no show.......and no explanation.

If we lose another 3 points before the hun loses any, its an uncatchable lead by them, this well into the season.

Only once ever, since the premier league's inception (August 8th 1975) has either of the big two ever caught the other to win the League.......... IF one had a 7 point lead or more over the other.....it was unassailable.

That once only time was Celtic, when in December 28th 2011 (10 years ago next week) they began to pull back a 15 point lead from Rangers into a 17 point lead and league win in May 2012...and the first win leading to our second nine in a row....with Joe Ledley's headed goal that night. (a 32 point turnaround)

That win sounded the death knell and liquidation for a club hell bent on trying to catch Celtic and their beautiful, honest football, subsequently, leaving them spiralling into the abyss....never to return........

tonight ....against a non football playing St Mirr.....was honest but not near beautiful.
Another 7 points behind them may not be caught so easily or repeated so soon.
.....unless these regaled Japanese wonder boys become wonder bhoys in January.....a month later will be too late...the referees will see to that.

Last edited:
Aye, ffs the doom merchants oan here tonight. We're 6pts behind the Hun cunts, yee really think they'll be fired up for a cauld windy night up a Pittodrie? The league isn't over at Christmas, we could be going into rescheduled New Year 3pts behind. Keep the Faith & FFS STOP THE NEGATIVE 💩 FFS.😡🤬😡
Mon the Broony !!!
He'll be up for the game and so will wee Jonny Hayes
Onwards & Upwards Bhoys and Ghirls, still a better season than last, so it's a long way from over

HH

Well, it seems as though the emotions are running high in some quarters tonight
I don't care what's happened in the past, no rear view mirror is how I look at life
You live, you learn, so will they
Think how badly we struggled last season, it's early days, and forget the stats, you can only beat who is put in front of you
A wee bit of positive thinking helps...well it does for me anyway
The way I see it is, we go into the fight with the attitude that we are going to win, because if you go into the fight with 'this might happen, or that might happen' you've lost the fight before the first bell
Those Bhoys will be taking it hard after today, and they will resolve to get through the wall put in front of them, the opposition, the MIBs the SFA, the SMSM, whoever
We need the spirit of Lisbon in that dressing room, and we'll get it
In Ange and the Bhoys, we trust

HH
YNWA

6 points behind and we’ve dropped 7 to Livvy and St Mirren alone.
Not for us the the points saving MiB decisions when desperately needed, and thats where it is gonna be exceptionally difficult to overturn even this 6 point gap.
Its obvious we are not the finished article yet, thats the county game we barely scraped thru and then last night.
Possession football is wonderful to watch but with no end product teams just soak it up and boom..another 2 points gone.
How any home fan can pay to watch their team camp on their own 18 yard line is beyond me, away I can maybe understand it a wee bit, but at home, and no even against the league leaders, who are also men short?
Appalling, but as ever, glowing reports for a wonderful performance in the rags.
The destination of this years flag had already been predetermined, the only thing that can stop it is us winning EVERY SINGLE GAME…and I just dont see that happening the rest of the season, we throw in too many performances like last night, and as far Sevco dropping points…well we’ve all seen that we list of recent pen decisions etc….they ain’t gonna be dropping much at all, how many games have we seen this season already involving them, playing like we did or worse last night and still they walk away with the result?
Beaton, Madden and Walsh are on their team sheet every time they ref, whether its a game involving them or us, unless they are called out for the cheats they are, thats enough to stop us….unless we just win win win win win…but I honestly can’t see a run like that till the end of the season.
Its just sad oor game here is just crippled with corruption.

I have one question about yesterdays game, where’s James McCarthy…..is he injured again, does ange not fancy him?
all very strange
He has looked absolutely hopeless as far as Im concerned, I know he hasn’t had much game time, but he looks paceless and at times the game has just passed him by when he has been on. IMO his best days are way behind him, always willing to be proved wrong tho.

"The Poilce Nabbed me Dad"
....and a Happy Christmas to you too DILLIGAF

Too many on here are not giving account to the terrible playing conditions. "Pishing Down in Paisley" would be a good heading for this chapter in the history of Angeball. From the get-go players were losing their footing. The ball was slick in some parts of the field and a bit stickier in others. As for playing our best available players, we only discovered that the winter break would be brought forward 45 minutes before the game started.....so we had to go with the selection that was made. I get that some/many will question the timing of the decision to close up after the game vs the Perth Saints. It certainly did not suit Ange who would have had an eye on games vs Hibs and Rangers.
There is time to claw back some points....and in January we could see some classy additions.
I do understand the disappointment regarding the result last night, but we're Celtic supporters...faithful through and through.

I wish all who use this sacred portal a Happy Christmas!

"POLICE NABBED ME DAD!"

He has looked absolutely hopeless as far as Im concerned, I know he hasn’t had much game time, but he looks paceless and at times the game has just passed him by when he has been on. IMO his best days are way behind him, always willing to be proved wrong tho.
I always try to look for the positives in a new player b4l, but it's difficult not to agree with you on this. Scratching my napper. A four year deal ? Puzzling. I will, of course, be delirious if proved wrong over time.

6 points behind and we’ve dropped 7 to Livvy and St Mirren alone.
Not for us the the points saving MiB decisions when desperately needed, and thats where it is gonna be exceptionally difficult to overturn even this 6 point gap.
Its obvious we are not the finished article yet, thats the county game we barely scraped thru and then last night.
Possession football is wonderful to watch but with no end product teams just soak it up and boom..another 2 points gone.
How any home fan can pay to watch their team camp on their own 18 yard line is beyond me, away I can maybe understand it a wee bit, but at home, and no even against the league leaders, who are also men short?
Appalling, but as ever, glowing reports for a wonderful performance in the rags.
The destination of this years flag had already been predetermined, the only thing that can stop it is us winning EVERY SINGLE GAME…and I just dont see that happening the rest of the season, we throw in too many performances like last night, and as far Sevco dropping points…well we’ve all seen that we list of recent pen decisions etc….they ain’t gonna be dropping much at all, how many games have we seen this season already involving them, playing like we did or worse last night and still they walk away with the result?
Beaton, Madden and Walsh are on their team sheet every time they ref, whether its a game involving them or us, unless they are called out for the cheats they are, thats enough to stop us….unless we just win win win win win…but I honestly can’t see a run like that till the end of the season.
Its just sad oor game here is just crippled with corruption.
Until last night we'd dropped 2 points in the league in since the start of October, we won the league Cup, beat Betis and Ferencvaros home and away, the only team to beat us in 3 months was Leverkusen, thats not a bad run over 3 months. The team is a work in progress and the squad is threadbare with the injury list we know all that. I'd probably settle for dropping 2 points in the next 3 months.
I've watched the huns a few times this season and they're nothing to fear, they've done well at grinding out results (thanks to penalties, sending offs etc) and thats part of the game, but if we strengthen the right areas with the right players in January and get our injuries cleared up we should be well equipped to give every team in the league a doing including them. The league is there for the winning.

Until last night we'd dropped 2 points in the league in since the start of October, we won the league Cup, beat Betis and Ferencvaros home and away, the only team to beat us in 3 months was Leverkusen, thats not a bad run over 3 months. The team is a work in progress and the squad is threadbare with the injury list we know all that. I'd probably settle for dropping 2 points in the next 3 months.
I've watched the huns a few times this season and they're nothing to fear, they've done well at grinding out results (thanks to penalties, sending offs etc) and thats part of the game, but if we strengthen the right areas with the right players in January and get our injuries cleared up we should be well equipped to give every team in the league a doing including them. The league is there for the winning.
Absolutely pal. The league is still there to be won. IF we can win our fixtures up to and including the sevco game we will only be a maximum of 3 points adrift. That's one game and till then sevco will also need to win all before they meet us. We will get stronger with new quality signings unlike sevco who will in all probability sell at least one "star" man to keep the lights on.

So I've seen the highlights and we had enough chances to win that game, still though our corners are woeful and rarely find our players even one of our corners led to them breaking up the park a better side mightve scored from that. I'm not pushing the panic button just yet as I think sevco will have their own problems as well and hopefully they wont get ghost penalties to get them over the line. Difficult to criticise the team too much when it's a makeshift one but theres the argument that st Mirren side wouldnt get into Celtic B side and our quality should win through but the games never like that. Terrible conditions but that's the same for both sides. I agree with what TET said about johnstone if he would just lift his head and pick a player out instead of brilliantly beating 3 defenders and blazing it over the bar , I know hes desperately seeking that goal but the team comes first. It's a disappointing further 2pts dropped no 2 ways about it. When was the last time we fielded an unchanged starting XI? I wont be surprised if theRangers suddenly want the break now.

Broony might want to beat them but I suggest a couple of others aren't quite as motivated... like the long drink of water looking for a tumbler that didn't even contest the 'penalty' his play led to at the cesspit.

It's all very well saying that if we win all these games and beat sevco and they will drop points too we will get ahead of them. (It is the same talk as last year: first of all we would beat sevco a couple of times, then all three remaining matches, then maybe others would take points off them and we would win all of ours - which we weren't doing). We couldn't even beat St Mirren, we have no cutting edge, our key players aren't any more uninjured than they were last night and there is no plan B yet we are not doing plan A incisively enough. Sevco might be producing all the shit performances under the sun but they haven't been dropping points because the refs help and, for some reason, opposition teams don't line up 5- 5- 0 like they do against us.

I have one question about yesterdays game, where’s James McCarthy…..is he injured again, does ange not fancy him?
all very strange
Bit of a catch22 situation with him I think. Ange believes McCarthy missing pre-season has held him back and caused injuries so far, He's not up to match speed yet and won't get there by not playing games. Given the rumored addition of more Japanese midfielders in January, it's not likely to get any easier for him and at his age, next season's pre-season will be brutal for him.

Certainly don't think he's any better the Calmac or Bitton as a holding mid anyway and with Ange's clear preference for the up-to-speed regulars, as opposed to more risky squad rotation, his appearances could continue to be limited. Four years did seem a bit strange right enough but let's hope he can turn things around and resurrect a waning career with us???

Latest posts

Back