St Mirren v Celtic - Wednesday 10 February, kick-off 8pm. Live on Sky Sports Football - all comments here

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
Celtic travel down the M8 to the SMISA Stadium on Wednesday, 10 February 10 to play St Mirren in the Scottish Premiership. The game's kick-off time is 8pm and it is live on Sky Sports Football. A quick chance for revenge after last week's awful performance from the Hoops at Celtic Park. Can Celtic make it three wins in a row?

Opposition have named their team early...

Referee: Don Robertson AR1: David McGeachie AR2: Ross Macleod Fourth Official: David Dickinson

Last edited:
Yes, we will win. But St Mirren are a well drilled hard working team who will make it hard for us. I would like to see us play for the full 90 minutes this time - if our fitness allows!

And hopefully the substitutions are decided at random using a tombola machine - except for Turnbull who is ALWAYS removed (apart from the 2 post-Dubai matches where we played the youngsters) irrespective of whether he is playing better and with more energy than those round about him!

Celtic travel down the M8 to the SMISA Stadium on Wednesday, 10 February 10 to play St Mirren in the Scottish Premiership. The game's kick-off time is 8pm and it is live on Sky Sports Football. A quick chance for revenge after last week's awful performance from the Hoops at Celtic Park. Can Celtic make it three wins in a row?

Opposition have named their team early...

Referee: Don Robertson AR1: David McGeachie AR2: Ross Macleod Fourth Official: David Dickinson

the SMISA Stadium :ROFLMAO:

it's known as the Methodrome doon the water

Give Griff the first 10 minutes. When he can be bothered he's our best chance at getting a goal...but if he acts like he did in the last match get him off to fuck!!

Taylor has been our best player last 2 matches. Fully expect laxalt to start.

Welsh is turning out to be a quality CB. Played well last game and scored. Fully expect Duffy to be back in the team.

Fully expect Bain/Hazard/Barkas to start depending on who hoopy (the mascot, not stevies secretary) pulls out the tombola.

My team.
Bain (not that it matters really)
JJ Welsh Ajer Taylor
Soro Brown (give callum a rest FS)
Turnbull eli (literally no one else)
Eddy Griff (see above)

Lennons team

First goalie to pull of a save in pre-match warm up......
JJ Duffy Ajer Laxalt
Brown mcgregor
Christie turnbull eli
Ajeti.

Give Griff the first 10 minutes. When he can be bothered he's our best chance at getting a goal...but if he acts like he did in the last match get him off to fuck!!

Taylor has been our best player last 2 matches. Fully expect laxalt to start.

Welsh is turning out to be a quality CB. Played well last game and scored. Fully expect Duffy to be back in the team.

Fully expect Bain/Hazard/Barkas to start depending on who hoopy (the mascot, not stevies secretary) pulls out the tombola.

My team.
Bain (not that it matters really)
JJ Welsh Ajer Taylor
Soro Brown (give callum a rest FS)
Turnbull eli (literally no one else)
Eddy Griff (see above)

Lennons team

First goalie to pull of a save in pre-match warm up......
JJ Duffy Ajer Laxalt
Brown mcgregor
Christie turnbull eli
Ajeti.
I think you'll find he selects the goalie as the one that hasn't managed a save yet in the pre-match warm up.

The only changes from the weekend should be Soro for Brown, Barkas for Bain and anyone for Rogic. Sadly I think he'll go with the same starting 11, maybe Christie being the only change if fit.
It'll be interesting to see if Lennon learned anything from the defeat against them last week where Jim Goodwin gave him a tactical lesson, ie set his team up to negate our strengths and exploit our weaknesses. They matched our diamond in the middle, stopping Soro getting the ball forward quickly and man marked our strikers with their back 3. They pressed us from the start and later in game with them leading but running out of energy dropped back into a very effective 541, leaving us passing from side to side with little penetration. Going forward they played the ball behind our full backs taking Duffy and Bitton into areas where they are vulnerable.
If Lennon has learned lessons we should win, however I'm not confident he will have.

Don't see how people still have faith in Griff he's done nothing all season ,the guy can't even be arsed getting fit and hardly put's a shift in when he gets a game
My view as well
I keep seeing people crying out for him
He comes on and does fuck all
I’d tell him this season is his last unless he comes back in summer in best condition ever
On top performance hes some player but not for a long time

Don't see how people still have faith in Griff he's done nothing all season ,the guy can't even be arsed getting fit and hardly put's a shift in when he gets a game

Agreed..im just crossing my fingers and hoping we get a griff that wants to play and score goals. He was a fucking disgrace on Saturday. 1st touch he tried a wee backheal flick when it just wasn't on, all because he couldn't be arsed controlling the ball and facing the defender. From there he walked about the pitch as if he couldn't be arsed. On half decent form he is our biggest threat.

What we need to do is move more intelligently off the ball and move the ball faster when we are in possession to break St Mirrens man marking methinks
Correct, I dont know how many times this season Ive seen one of our players run a wee bit with the ball, pass to somebody, then stop running like thats their job done. You can do a lot with just hard work. St Mirren, Livingston and Hamilton proved that just the other day. Never mind your fancy flicks, back heels an showboating. Theres nobody THERE ffs!
Get back to basics pass to a guy wearing the same shirt, carry on running and give him options. We need grafters. If they need shouted at DO IT. Don't sit on your arse in the dug out.

My view as well
I keep seeing people crying out for him
He comes on and does fuck all
I’d tell him this season is his last unless he comes back in summer in best condition ever
On top performance hes some player but not for a long time
i would rather see Klimala given the run outs he needs he will give everything but still he sits in the stands while a lazy tosser gets a game in front of him

That for me is the ultimate kick in the nuts when a player who can't be arsed gets picked above you

Correct, I dont know how many times this season Ive seen one of our players run a wee bit with the ball, pass to somebody, then stop running like thats their job done. You can do a lot with just hard work. St Mirren, Livingston and Hamilton proved that just the other day. Never mind your fancy flicks, back heels an showboating. Theres nobody THERE ffs!
Get back to basics pass to a guy wearing the same shirt, carry on running and give him options. We need grafters. If they need shouted at DO IT. Don't sit on your arse in the dug out.
Or they run forwards 10 yards with ball and pass it back 15 yards

Members online

Latest posts

Back