St Mirren v Celtic - Wednesday 16 September - all comments here

Turnbull and Broon half games each and both will gain fitness, a full half is worth its weight in gold compared to ten minutes, but hey theres also a change we were not aware of the team are allowed full access to Lennoxtown which is a significant factor in how players get to gel off the park.
The team were turning up and straight onto the pitch, this would have setback Paddy and the new guys, you need to be interacting at lunch etc and recreation time between physio and video analysis etc, Celtic of old used to turn up early and get a few games of pool in etc and have a jolly at the nonsense in the media etc and then go out as a unit determined to wipe their arses with what they had written about them, so maybe as the winter comes and more intense indoor training is stepped up to strengthen again hamstrings etc the team will gel more and become a sold unit.
Dinnae be bringing logic and common sense into a debate about football, Boab.

To be fair, it's a really good point. The training ground was pretty much how you build up team spirit. Not in the training itself, but in the absolute mayhem of the dressing room, dining room, gym and showers. Brutal environment if you're of a sensitive disposition, but it's still the main arens for making or breaking a player.

The manager needs to get the midfield balance correct to create the chances. Any midfield that includes Brown in front of a back three isn't the best midfield.
Play McGregor deeper with two from Christie/Ntcham/Turnbull/Elyounoussi.
Playing with wing backs requires players who can take on and beat the opposition defender on the outside and get the ball into the box. Only Frimpong on the right can do this. We've known we need a LB/LWB since January, Boli went awol 6 weeks ago effectively ending his Celtic career, we still haven't signed a player crucial to the system the manager wants to play. We don't appear close to signing anyone, and if/when we do he'll no doubt sit on the bench for a month or so as seems to be the norm for the majority of signings (Duffy and Barkas being the exceptions to this). Cant complain about the quality of signings this summer, Hammond doing a good job, as ever its the execution and the eternity it takes to get deals over the line by the micro manager.
We have a very strong squad, imbalanced but strong, its time for the CEO to get the signings done and the manager to get more from the group of players at his disposal.
Sort left back/wing back position, sign a left sided defender, pick our best most effective attacking midfield and we will flourish.

I understand that when we win on Saturday we'll go top but I'm judging us against our overall play rather than results. If we continue in this manner we'll get handed our arses in the first Glasgow derby of the season.
I would change that from when we win to IF we win on Saturday.....Because the way we are playing, I don't have much confidence of winning, as I would like to have :(

After seeing how Lenny had once again made a cunt if selection and tactics I revised my forecast down from 4 or more to 2 goals and that we would be sluggish.

From the first minute to the last we were poor. I have no idea what game Lenny was watching, but it wasn't the game I endured.

Taylor is now desperately in need of being replaced. Leaving out Frimpong another ballsup. Klimala was nowhere all night. Brown is looking like hes playing whilst hauf cut. He is our captain, but he should never be bullet proof and he needs rested. Lenny chopping and changing, players not performing, and if we are honest we have been shit most games. We need a left back, someone to put pressure on Forrest, who apart from the goal was shit too.

We need to play Turnbull, Soro, and Luca at left back until we buy a real one. We have spent £6.5m on two LB's and together they wouldn't make one good one. Money down the fucking drain. I continue to despair at the scouting and recruitment strategy.

We are giving sevco hope. We are going backwards, no change there, but it's the 10. We need to stop the old pals act and select on merit. Last night was dire and Lenny trying to con us it was good is a real worry.

We are out if the CL because Lenny's tactics were awful. That's two years running. If he comes away from that game and isnt in Lawells Lair this morning demanding a LB, I don't know what will make that happen. Give Turnbull, Soro and Luca a chance. Get The Yeti fit. Get Griff fit, because hes better. And do it now. Simply not good enough.

We didn't need to change the shape or team from the county game last nights experiment should be the last and the worst bit is both lennon and kennedy sat and watched this shite and thought it was a good performance

Taylors not the answer

Forrest is a greedy cnt ,apart from the goal he was as bad as taylor

St Mirren 1 Celtic 2 – Relying, perforce, on the BBC – radio at the time, TV afterwards – for this one...

We have our own eyes. If anybody thought we played well they're kidding themselves on. We got the points, the only plus. Tinkering with formation and tactics, playing guys who arent performing, Taylor, Forrest, Broony, need replaced to give them a boot up the arse. Well, apart from Taylor.

We need Griff back with Eddy. If Eddy leaves we are in serious bother as Klimala is another waste of money and Ajeti is taking too long to get fit.

My selection for Saturday woukd be

Barkas
Ajer, Julien, Duffy
Frimpong, Cal, Turnbull, Soro, Luca
Eddy Ajeti

if Griff is fit he starts with Eddy.

But it will probably have Broony, Christie, and Taylor and Forest. . A wee sit on the bench might be what's needed.

Why do we have 3 cumbersome centre Half's lined up on the half way line when we are doing our side to side passes on front of their 10 man defence?
Why not drop our fastest players back to defend the counter and Chuck the 3 centre backs into the box to ruffle the opposing defence up?

We didn't need to change the shape or team from the county game last nights experiment should be the last and the worst bit is both lennon and kennedy sat and watched this shite and thought it was a good performance

Taylors not the answer

Forrest is a greedy cnt ,apart from the goal he was as bad as taylor
It appears Kennedy doesnt know his arse from his elbow anyway.

Was saying to my boys last night that back in the 1980s we'd go to away games knowing that teams like St.Mirren, Kilmarnock, Falkirk, even Morton and Partick Thistle would have a go at us and we'd get more entertaining games. St Mirren sitting in on a 1-0 lead is understandable, even holding on to 1-1 you can get that too, but playing most of the second half with ten men behind the ball at the edge of their own box was brutal to watch and got them exactly what they deserved.

This is going to be a season of ups and downs nails bitten clean off type of season. We really IMHO have not got our best 11 yet. Also the tactics and team formations, personnel etc is not great. No doubt Lennon will change all again on Saturday. 8 believe Damian Duff is well missed, he most certainly brought his experience to the backroom staff, unlike Kennedy who has brought zilch since his playing days were finished. Let's bring in proper footballers this window or else the title 8f we are not careful could go elsewhere.

After seeing how Lenny had once again made a cunt if selection and tactics I revised my forecast down from 4 or more to 2 goals and that we would be sluggish.

From the first minute to the last we were poor. I have no idea what game Lenny was watching, but it wasn't the game I endured.

Taylor is now desperately in need of being replaced. Leaving out Frimpong another ballsup. Klimala was nowhere all night. Brown is looking like hes playing whilst hauf cut. He is our captain, but he should never be bullet proof and he needs rested. Lenny chopping and changing, players not performing, and if we are honest we have been shit most games. We need a left back, someone to put pressure on Forrest, who apart from the goal was shit too.

We need to play Turnbull, Soro, and Luca at left back until we buy a real one. We have spent £6.5m on two LB's and together they wouldn't make one good one. Money down the fucking drain. I continue to despair at the scouting and recruitment strategy.

We are giving sevco hope. We are going backwards, no change there, but it's the 10. We need to stop the old pals act and select on merit. Last night was dire and Lenny trying to con us it was good is a real worry.

We are out if the CL because Lenny's tactics were awful. That's two years running. If he comes away from that game and isnt in Lawells Lair this morning demanding a LB, I don't know what will make that happen. Give Turnbull, Soro and Luca a chance. Get The Yeti fit. Get Griff fit, because hes better. And do it now. Simply not good enough.

We should've had Luca up to match fitness by now. I watched the lad quite a bit in the reserves and was honestly thinking he was the one we'd brought in to replace Brown long term.

He's got bags of ability, a really good touch on the ball and he oozes confidence which is something you want in that position. I very much doubt he'd do worse than Taylor at LB or LWB so why he's not had the chance to show what he can do, considering how woefully short we are in that area of the pitch is, quite frankly a fucking mystery!

Turnbull should be playing every single game right now, even if it's just a twenty-minute cameo from the bench, he needs to be integrated into the team asap. The boy is a top-quality performer and, right now, he's a far better footballer than Brown.

Brown in his prime is a totally different story. Turnbull wouldn't get near a starting position, even if he was playing at his best, with a Brown of five or six years ago.

Soro looked very good in pre-season games so why oh why does he then get booted onto the back burner as soon as the season gets underway? With the five sub thing this year Lenny should be using at least three of them by the time the clock ticks round to the 70min mark. There's no problem keeping a couple up your sleeve in case of injuries in the last few minutes of games, but this season more than any other, it's about utilising the entire squad at your disposal and making sure the replacements for each position are ready to play their part when called upon.

I'm honestly not confident Lennon is the man to see the season-long gameplan implemented properly.

Looking at the club from the top down now...

I've been a strong defender of Peter Lawell in the past. Despite what anyone says, he knows how to run a business properly, unlike the serial cheats from Govan. When we really needed a statement of intent from him, we got Rodgers through the door. I know what happened at the end of his time here was painful but Ronny was taking us down a road to ruin and had to be stopped. He was a nice guy but he was miles out of his depth at Celtic.

Lawell signing Rodgers was a masterstroke. It was like taking a double-barreled shotgun to the knees of the Govan club just when it looked as if they might actually be making some inroads into our position as unequivocal top dogs.

I doubt we'd be on a run of eleven straight trophies without him but right now he needs to loosen the purse strings much much quicker.

If we're to stay in control, dominate this league and surpass the moon howlers from Govan's old record of most successful club in Scotland then it's going to need Peter Lawell to be at the top of his game along with every player we have under contract at the club.

Right now it's the management of our club, at all levels, who are underachieving.

Members online

Latest posts

Back