St Mirren v The Champions, KO 5pm @ The SMiSA Stadium 2/01/2024

Really enjoyed that tonight the wife's brother (St Mirren supporter) texting me trying to play mind games before the gemme saying he'd take a draw or even a 1-2 defeat.
Telt him we needed to win two hun games in a row and give them a doing.....he didn't like that but I know he knows it.
Great result and a great way to rest up before we go full tonto after the break.

It is going to be an interesting dilema once Hatate is back up to full fitness. Do we start him, Bernardo, CalMac and CalMac and rejig our formation, or does One of the first 3 excellent players start on the bench?

It is a good problem to have but you have to keep the players happy and motivated. Plus Iwata will return from injury too.
Nice problem to have.

Take that after the other two shit performances. All decent except Palma. Taylor MOTM for me. Bernardo excellent. I expected a much more physical and tight game.Thought they were passive. Sending off made it easier. But we need to bury teams when that happens.

Still think it's harsh.
I'm with you Boab, if my striker doesnt go for that i'm fecking fuming.
Foot was waist height, so it wasn't high unless your going into a tackle.
If a striker isn't allowed to go for that cross, we''d have half the goals.

Credit to Hart though, didn't make a meal of it or maybe he's just old school like me, many a time i was halved and in agony but the cunt that did it wouldn't think it as i bounced back up.... and hobbled away :)

Maybe its the New Year and a freshness but i'm fairly positive today.

Maeda looked like a football player of sorts again.

Great to see wee Greg Taylor get a goal, he's not had his best season, but there isn't a player in that squad that gives what he does week in week out, recently scapegoated after poor results, but i find these results are down to a lack of effort and quality further up the pitch.

Hatate, O'Riley, McGregor in midfield - on form they'd give any team a game
The bhoy Bernardo looks like hes got a bit of confidence and with game time, he's becoming more and more influential.

Wee Kyogo's going nowhere near the Asian Cup and will get a rest, he will be coming back fresh.

Palma, i get peoples frustration, he does a lot wrong, but some are too quick to talk about what he does worng, he does a lot right, some of the passes he makes open teams up. While people are frustrated at times, remember this is about the only summer signing that has taken a first team place, so he cant be that bad. Abada back and more wingers, he'll have a wee kick up the arse every now and then.

I'm that positive i expect the Board to spend 30 million in this window..........
27 will be on the new Barrowfield right enough

Happy New Year folks and fuck the huns

Maybe its the New Year and a freshness but i'm fairly positive today.

Maeda looked like a football player of sorts again.

Great to see wee Greg Taylor get a goal, he's not had his best season, but there isn't a player in that squad that gives what he does week in week out, recently scapegoated after poor results, but i find these results are down to a lack of effort and quality further up the pitch.

Hatate, O'Riley, McGregor in midfield - on form they'd give any team a game
The bhoy Bernardo looks like hes got a bit of confidence and with game time, he's becoming more and more influential.

Wee Kyogo's going nowhere near the Asian Cup and will get a rest, he will be coming back fresh.

Palma, i get peoples frustration, he does a lot wrong, but some are too quick to talk about what he does worng, he does a lot right, some of the passes he makes open teams up. While people are frustrated at times, remember this is about the only summer signing that has taken a first team place, so he cant be that bad. Abada back and more wingers, he'll have a wee kick up the arse every now and then.

I'm that positive i expect the Board to spend 30 million in this window..........
27 will be on the new Barrowfield right enough

Happy New Year folks and fuck the huns
Nailed it.
Palma in particular. He can be frustrating at times. Look at his stats for a "wide" player. Abada at his best.
The year 2024 looks bright.
IT'S GREEN AND WHITEšŸ€

I'm delighted with they last 4 results after the the hope elsewhere that we were collapsing.
Hopefully injuries clear and new signings make the difference to put them back in their box.
Finally had to laugh at the pen awarded to Killie the day that the Scottish protection society of the hun was gonna create a world record for cheating......go figure eh .....only in this little backwater.

Members online

Latest posts

Back