St Patrick's day

Personally consider plenty I've met in other parts of the world, who are second third and even fourth generation Irish as no less Irish than any other here in Ireland and more so by denition than some here who do not consider themselves as Irish.

I specifically mean the supposed pure british, the more british than the british, who must be by now around 20 plus generations back from the BS 17th century myths that supply their identity, that is never really questioned on the brit media!

To think some of you Irish in Scotland and elsewhere have allowed them to take the control the debate and label you plastic!
Some embarrassed into forgetting or claiming to be Irish anymore because of extremes of ignorant fecking morons like that!

I guess its an improvement on the Irish a generation back who suffered racism on tv 24/7 designed to shame, no wonder some chose to forget, just a real sad irony that their very kind have bred the likes of edl leaders, real engerlish.

So by your own hand, Jim - your analysis of what it means to be Irish is the last word and those of us in britland have no decisive voice on the matter.

An opinion is an opinion. It's fine that you have one, but you're then denying anyone the right to be critical of Ireland and its own indiscretions.

The point of being a true patriot is not about nationalism, but about carving a future that benefits everyone. Like Scotland, Ireland has been its own worst enemy throughout history. It took a common enemy to unite the counties, but the same former hostilities reared their ugly head within a decade of the Republic.

Should we all just embrace the lucky charms and clover? Should we not be questioning the hazy shades of history in North America and Australasia?

We've been quick to point the finger at british tyranny and bloodlust. Sometimes we have to be a little introspective too.

I'm proud of what Ireland has become and becoming, but that doesn't compensate for some of the shite we inflicted upon each other. Not only North and South, but also East and West and across the globe.

As I mentioned previously, I am Scottish by birth and nature and I am a fierce critic of what Scotland is and what it represents. I am an Irish citizen also and I'll be damned if I don't call out injustices on all sides. I love my countries dearly, but I refuse to be an apologist for either.
Do you not think sp, that if someone has a problem with Irish people currently or historically, then maybe raise it on another thread and not on a lighted hearted thread about st Patrick's day. To me that was way out of order with a serious stench of bitterness.

Aye Jim, that's why we get our doors rattled fae the polis and dragged to hotels for three-days-at-a-time.

That's why the hun bastards fear our living breathing presence and that's why we have to sign in at same said polis stations like sex offenders and teenage yobs.

All because we let them call us plastic paddys.

To be sure, to be sure.........

Do you not think sp, that if someone has a problem with Irish people currently or historically, then maybe raise it on another thread and not on a lighted hearted thread about st Patrick's day. To me that was way out of order with a serious stench of bitterness.
Absolutely agree ...go start another thread if you think it's worth it .We get enough pish from ignorant morons...see the stealing of a Tri colour yesterday for details..Hail Hail

Aye Jim, that's why we get our doors rattled fae the polis and dragged to hotels for three-days-at-a-time.

That's why the hun bastards fear our living breathing presence and that's why we have to sign in at same said polis stations like sex offenders and teenage yobs.

All because we let them call us plastic paddys.

To be sure, to be sure.........
TD, that wee contretemps took place on Friday.

Whatever passed had passed. There didn't appear to be any lasting damage and the focus had shifted towards other matters.

Now Jim may have made many sterling points, but he perhaps would have been better served starting his own thread on the subject, rather than recycling a three-day-old disagreement, where the participants of said disagreement are not a million miles apart in their perspectives.

Now here we are back to square one, and neither of the main participants are actually involved.

That is almost a parody of what the brits call "Irish"

TD, that wee contretemps took place on Friday.

Whatever passed had passed. There didn't appear to be any lasting damage and the focus had shifted towards other matters.

Now Jim may have made many sterling points, but he perhaps would have been better served starting his own thread on the subject, rather than recycling a three-day-old disagreement, where the participants of said disagreement are not a million miles apart in their perspectives.

Now here we are back to square one, and neither of the main participants are actually involved.

That is almost a parody of what the brits call "Irish"
I started the thread. Which would make me one of the aforementioned participants. But you avoided my previous question, which is fair enough, because you don't want to admit your friend was wrong!
The bottom line is here, that he was wrong no matter what way you dress it up!

So by your own hand, Jim - your analysis of what it means to be Irish is the last word and those of us in britland have no decisive voice on the matter.

An opinion is an opinion. It's fine that you have one, but you're then denying anyone the right to be critical of Ireland and its own indiscretions.
seriously wtf are you reading to imagine!
not worth any more replies.
Your just quoting your own thoughts without even reading!

no where did I or would I define what is Irish is, I'd pull anyone up who tried to! I have stated here before it means different things to millions in Ireland and many times more around the world.
There is no one type of Irish and never has been!

This was not about critiquing Ireland, and personally could not give a feck what you or anyone in britain or elsewhere imagines away or says about Ireland the nation. As any problems we have and there would be many, you and they'd have and likely then some.

This is supposed to be a Celtic forum, a club founded by the Irish and the topic was a light hearted positive post about st Patricks day and Irish around the world.

when Patrick the person as a supposed brit was quoted!:) and people advised to read history!

those were the credible points worth addressing politely as first tried, and I left it until after the IRISH DAY.

You seem to imagine and be pre occupied with cliche Irish stereotypes, begrudgers and the likes, notions that were imagined for you in Irish history written by the british history media as if the Irish are somehow worse type of human beings not just typical with as many faults and all, just like the world over.
Or maybe you have sub consciously fallen for the bbc BS state propaganda news that for decades tried to portray that the british are that bit better and able to point at others faults!

anyway no point in replying anymore to you as you will just make some angle up that has not actually been written.

Last edited:
To Jim and TD:

To put it another way, if the four of us were sat having the same conversation in the boozers, there would be a raised voice or two, but I'd guarantee the four of us would walk away on good, friendly terms knowing well that we are comfortable in our company.

We're reading from the same pages, just in a slightly different order.

I still cant quite understand why St Patrick was so into wild parties one day every year.

Im pretty sure he was sent to complain about all the hostages of High King niall and the oppressive fear he instilled across the brits

But instead of preaching the way the truth and the life he got everybody pissed once per year to celebrate the wearing of the green.

King Niall was Pagan druid warlord with serious streak.

St pat went about dressed as a shepherd telling everybody to get ready for his day once per year where they can get sloshed

Then he had audacity to chuck all the snakes aff the land.

Paganism, atheism and snakes replaced with the drink

English puritans killed the Catholics and banned the saints

The original provos kicked ass and had a happy few days at easter to bring back the way of st pat.

The puritans had become anglicans and opprseeive niall style

But the new saints of the irish kicked those snakes back out the country

But it seems like the snake and the serpent may well be back on the rise.
The one true church of saint pat has been infiltrated by the masonic atheistic conspiracy and the modernist heresey

But the revolution against the revolters has slowly turned more marxist ovr time.

Who won the war when the wall came down.

Soviet policy is almost mainstream worldwide since the soviet lost the war.

Independent MSM is dead

Virtue is dying
Vice is on the rise

Here comes niall and his hostages

Where are you St Pat when we need you.

I still cant quite understand why St Patrick was so into wild parties one day every year.

Im pretty sure he was sent to complain about all the hostages of High King niall and the oppressive fear he instilled across the brits

But instead of preaching the way the truth and the life he got everybody pissed once per year to celebrate the wearing of the green.

King Niall was Pagan druid warlord with serious streak.

St pat went about dressed as a shepherd telling everybody to get ready for his day once per year where they can get sloshed

Then he had audacity to chuck all the snakes aff the land.

Paganism, atheism and snakes replaced with the drink

English puritans killed the Catholics and banned the saints

The original provos kicked ass and had a happy few days at easter to bring back the way of st pat.

The puritans had become anglicans and opprseeive niall style

But the new saints of the irish kicked those snakes back out the country

But it seems like the snake and the serpent may well be back on the rise.
The one true church of saint pat has been infiltrated by the masonic atheistic conspiracy and the modernist heresey

But the revolution against the revolters has slowly turned more marxist ovr time.

Who won the war when the wall came down.

Soviet policy is almost mainstream worldwide since the soviet lost the war.

Independent MSM is dead

Virtue is dying
Vice is on the rise

Here comes niall and his hostages

Where are you St Pat when we need you.
St Pat moves in mysterious ways TET!

To Jim and TD:

To put it another way, if the four of us were sat having the same conversation in the boozers, there would be a raised voice or two, but I'd guarantee the four of us would walk away on good, friendly terms knowing well that we are comfortable in our company.

We're reading from the same pages, just in a slightly different order.
I have no doubt sp that we would agree on a lot, but I will say this again as you don't seem to want to address it. If you want to criticise the Irish, then open your own thread and hammer it out there, but don't do it on a light hearted thread about st Patrick's day, am I right or wrong? You don't seem to want to answer that question??? Maybe he was the one caught removing the tricolour in dens park!

I started the thread. Which would make me one of the aforementioned participants. But you avoided my previous question, which is fair enough, because you don't want to admit your friend was wrong!
The bottom line is here, that he was wrong no matter what way you dress it up!
TD, you know well enough that Boab1916 is a man dedicated to the cause
I have no doubt sp that we would agree on a lot, but I will say this again as you don't seem to want to address it. If you want to criticise the Irish, then open your own thread and hammer it out there, but don't do it on a light hearted thread about st Patrick's day, am I right or wrong? You don't seem to want to answer that question??? Maybe he was the one caught removing the tricolour in dens park!
TD, I would love to reply, but I'm not at liberty to discuss the circumstances of another.

I can promise you though, that the person you refer to is well steeped in our traditions and is regarded as such by our friends in Ireland.

There is much we can't discuss on a public forum, but please be sure that the heart is green in that one.

Members online

Latest posts

Back