Stevie Clarke's Scotland

Watching Ukraine v Italy 0-0 34 mins but what a great game.
Superb atmosphere in leverkusens 22,500 capacity stadium. Perfect venue not a 60 -70 thousand seater for Ukraine home game.
Really is anyones with Ukraine most clear cut chances.
Mudryk is brilliant as we know.
It's a must win for Ukraine points enough for Italy

//$$:://Switch to commentary mode;

20 minutes left somebody's going out Ukraine look strongest in midfield buy Italy famous for springing surprises. Also Italy running the game down which they haven't might start to cross their minds they're good at that too often.

Tbh Italy I want at the Euros fs the champions , wouldn't be the same, shame if Ukraine go out but ehm fitbas aw aboot sport n at ( wheres ma tin hat)

Chiesa rode a challenge but decided to go down , roll 3 times in agony before playing on as though nothing happened, a law that needs revised, blatantly cheating or trying to.

No true openings this half for either really but lots of really good play.
6 min+var probably 10 min -12.
2 Ukrainian subs ( football subs) coming on Ukraine going for it more attackers now but Italy....wow just hit the post. This is the type of game that suits Italy, open

Clark looked nervous in goal and though he made a few decent saves they were ones you'd expect him to save.
Not sure whether Clarke has decided Shankland will be on the plane Brown's selection I don't think anyone saw coming and fluffed his big chance, looked better 2nd half.
When we don't have Robertson, KT, Hickey, we look short handed robbo and kt especially lift the others in games.
One defeat in 8 away to Spain is remarkable, incredible even .
Think we saw last night Norway are ( as we knew) better than what they've produced and with Haaland last night would've been a lot tougher.
Huge credit and respect for Clarke and what he's done with Scotland and how he's got the best out of players like McLean, Porteous, Mctominey, Gunn and so many others, when Mcginn and Calmac are on it we're a decent side Calmacs touch last night was brilliant , to foot , chest , head height he recieves and keeps it moving with great expertise.
Mcginn is just brilliant in a Scotland jersey.
6pts clear of Norway and its those two outstanding results away to Norway ( who thought they'd won 100%) and a once in a generation result against Spain at Hampden. I remember watching almost 40 years ago a star studded Scotland side that few of this side would get into beat Spain 3-1 at old Hampden, judas(2) and a super Kenny Dalglish goal.
Hopefully the draw is kind to us and we can finally get through a group.

Was at the game with the future MrsTT it was her 1st Scotland game & her 1st fime meeting my mates & GFs. 14th November 1984 The build u p to King Kenny goal was sublime

The draw for the Euros 2024 takes place at 5pm tonight. Correction - it starts at 5pm, based on UEFA''s usual overlong wankfests the draw will probably end up taking place around half time in Celtic's match tomorrow!

Will Scotland get Eng-ger-lund again? 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

The draw for the Euros 2024 takes place at 5pm tonight. Correction - it starts at 5pm, based on UEFA''s usual overlong wankfests the draw will probably end up taking place around half time in Celtic's match tomorrow!

Will Scotland get Eng-ger-lund again? 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
I really hope not I’d take Germany, Turkey and Greece from the qualifiers. That would be a great group with grudges between all the other teams!

Aye, would give us a chance opening game will be a Cracker, pressure on Germany, Tartan Army Invasion of Munchen is on. Then 5 days later the Swiss in Cologne, a wee jolly tae Frankfurt fur a big German Sausage & Celebrate Qualification for last 16.

Roll on Summer 2024

🥃 Slàinte

Back