Stevie Clarke's Scotland

Prepared to answer this part Ally the rest is a tinderbox ,so I agree completely they should not be considered or entered into European competition , African if not Asian certainly not any for what they're doing now.
With Israel sitting backed by American " leaked" nuclear bomb tech on the former British Transjordan Palestine mandate it's a western foothold in the middle east at the end of the day, a middle Eastern nation" that embraces western culture backed by western tech.
That's why the money and pandering to, the USA provided air cover and UK helped
ensure the Israelis had the proper tanks and munitions, training for it to strike out on 3 fronts successfully in the 6 day war. Israel, attacked Egypt, Jordan and Syria, occupied the sinai peninsula, gaza strip, west Bank, east Jerusalem and the Golan heights despite an embargo on palestine, Israel became the dominant force in the region even more so when they developed a nuclear weapon out of thin air.

Anyway mhate the important thing is that they lost 2-1 to Romania but still have nations league chance 3 from 12 will go through they're one definately as a NL group winner.

HH Winter if 🇮🇱 qualify, I'm definitely taking a 🇵🇸 with me🤬

Think it says a lot about Clarke and his team that in a group with Spain and Norway in we've qualified with games in hand but not only that , those 2 huge wins against both and this being an 8 game group Spain have only dropped 3 pts , to us, and going into the last game we can still win this group. That's some achievement. Of course its unlikely Spain won't win the match and group but the fact that if they do and we win the groups ours is incredible.

I thought we had a good chance of 2nd place in this group , Clarke winning the nation's league group with Ireland and Ukraine in it I thought was a huge step to see Scotland sit atop that group and win promotion was great but this is the real stuff and had Mctomineys goal stood against the Spanish as it should have we mightve even won that game such was the belief running through the nation right then , course it wouldn't be Scotland without the sideshow dramas but what a campaign. One I'll be over the moon with should we beat Norway tonight ( who are missing Haaland) and finish this group having dropped only 4 pts, it's wow 👌
Whatever our different thoughts are on Clarke he's really turned us around from the very start, we actually won something , it might only have been nations league group Cs with Albania and Israel in our group but it was the first time I can remember in a long time that Scotland finished group winners.
Then up to nations league group Bs this time Ukraine, Ireland and somebody else, we topped that group finishing with a 0-0 (a) to Ukraine ( in Ukraine? Maybe) and recieved a thumping from Ireland 3-0 in that group but still come the end of it once again Scotland sitting top of the group and now promotion to the real groups A's.

Seeing we lost 1-3 to England, 2-0 to Spain, 4-1 to France and its these nations we'll face in the elite group A's the France result was particularly sobering and the one that told me' ok we're going great guns but were not at this level clearly' & we were winning that game. Still it'll be great experience for the squad to play against the very best of Europe regularly instead of San Marino, Spain, Cyprus, France etc. Stranger things have happened, the Hungarians done not too badly in the A's groups.

I remember that night Crystal cl....I remember that night . In the smiddy ½&½sco/Irish Celtic pub against Norway and our 2 minute turnaround haha what an absolute buzz that was for us to hit them like that and take all points was fkn brilliant. I remember watching the 3-0 (a) v Cyprus in a wee bar the Lonsdale in Troon and mrs winter not too happy , wanted to go back to the beach but once id explained the sheer significance of this game she still wanted to go to the beach so evil eyes for a bit, but this was part of the ' first' time we'd won all 5 of our opening matches , ' first ' time we or anyone had beaten Spain for years in a qualifier.
It's also pretty strange when we ourselves say there's no stars in our team.
Just Mctominey of man utd , Robertson Liverpool captain, countless other epl and spl players, not that long ago our side was made up of championship and league 1, spl players.

Norway be out for revenge of course let's finish this on an even higher high than we've qualified let's go beat Norway again and make Spain work for the group win.
#1 Alba 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Last edited:
Think it says a lot about Clarke and his team that in a group with Spain and Norway in we've qualified with games in hand but not only that , those 2 huge wins against both and this being an 8 game group Spain have only dropped 3 pts , to us, and going into the last game we can still win this group. That's some achievement. Of course its unlikely Spain won't win the match and group but the fact that if they do and we win the groups ours is incredible.

I thought we had a good chance of 2nd place in this group , Clarke winning the nation's league group with Ireland and Ukraine in it I thought was a huge step to see Scotland sit atop that group and win promotion was great but this is the real stuff and had Mctomineys goal stood against the Spanish as it should have we mightve even won that game such was the belief running through the nation right then , course it wouldn't be Scotland without the sideshow dramas but what a campaign. One I'll be over the moon with should we beat Norway tonight ( who are missing Haaland) and finish this group having dropped only 4 pts, it's wow 👌
Whatever our different thoughts are on Clarke he's really turned us around from the very start, we actually won something , it might only have been nations league group Cs with Albania and Israel in our group but it was the first time I can remember in a long time that Scotland finished group winners.
Then up to nations league group Bs this time Ukraine, Ireland and somebody else, we topped that group finishing with a 0-0 (a) to Ukraine ( in Ukraine? Maybe) and recieved a thumping from Ireland 3-0 in that group but still come the end of it once again Scotland sitting top of the group and now promotion to the real groups A's.

Seeing we lost 1-3 to England, 2-0 to Spain, 4-1 to France and its these nations we'll face in the elite group A's the France result was particularly sobering and the one that told me' ok we're going great guns but were not at this level clearly' & we were winning that game. Still it'll be great experience for the squad to play against the very best of Europe regularly instead of San Marino, Spain, Cyprus, France etc. Stranger things have happened, the Hungarians done not too badly in the A's groups.

I remember that night Crystal cl....I remember that night . In the smiddy ½&½sco/Irish Celtic pub against Norway and our 2 minute turnaround haha what an absolute buzz that was for us to hit them like that and take all points was fkn brilliant. I remember watching the 3-0 (a) v Cyprus in a wee bar the Lonsdale in Troon and mrs winter not too happy , wanted to go back to the beach but once id explained the sheer significance of this game she still wanted to go to the beach so evil eyes for a bit, but this was part of the ' first' time we'd won all 5 of our opening matches , ' first ' time we or anyone had beaten Spain for years in a qualifier.
It's also pretty strange when we ourselves say there's no stars in our team.
Just Mctominey of man utd , Robertson Liverpool captain, countless other epl and spl players, not that long ago our side was made up of championship and league 1, spl players.

Norway be out for revenge of course let's finish this on an even higher high than we've qualified let's go beat Norway again and make Spain work for the group win.
#1 Alba 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
On the Renfrew ferry getting warmed up for the game. Mon the Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Mon the Georgia 🇬🇪

Think if you're Clarke and we've qualified, shortage of strikers then it's understandable Jacob Brown is getting a chance , though 13 appearances for Luton 1 goal.
I'd also have to think Shankland be disappointed not to get to start given he got the goal to win us the point in Georgia.
We have to try strikers and I'm sure we'll see Shankland, i thought of the two he'd start, though Luton play in the big big EPL.

Think if you're Clarke and we've qualified, shortage of strikers then it's understandable Jacob Brown is getting a chance , though 13 appearances for Luton 1 goal.
I'd also have to think Shankland be disappointed not to get to start given he got the goal to win us the point in Georgia.
We have to try strikers and I'm sure we'll see Shankland, i thought of the two he'd start, though Luton play in the big big EPL.
Yeah - fair enough giving a young lad a chance but Shankland is not exactly a Scotland regular and would have benefitted from a start too. He is Scotland's most natural goalscorer which we desperately need so I'd play him more.

The ref is being very very lenient towards the Norwegians. Stopping attacks by blatant shirt pulls have been bookings for many years now - although this bugger not only never booked them but even gave Norway for one of the fouls!!

CalMac has been immense so far tonight. An enjoyable first half with both teams going for it.

Back