Stevie Clarke's Scotland

as much as we need a nippy striker this team only functions way dykes up front?when we are at full strength,,Jacob brown no for me,,shankland only getting pushed forward coz hes hun bound,,but!!!better than Adam’s…

Great scenes for Scotland not something you see every day or year.
Really well deserved.
Not sure Clarke rates Shankland highly despite him scoring, tonight was a chance for him on the back of a big goal last time out but young guy brown got the nod and got better 2nd half.
Some great results and performances , can see the growth in the side , missing some starters as well.
Having beaten them 3-3 disappointing to concede, should've bet on moi scoring, but I'll take it 1 defeat well done Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👏

Well done Scotland. We have been brilliant this whole campaign and fully deserved to finish 2nd in a tough group, 6 points ahead of Norway.

Who remembers when Michael Duffy did his take on Sandman's ratings for Scotland International matches? Essentially, if anyone was a Tim the they'd get praised and 10/10, anyone connected to sevco or had negative history with Celtic scored 0/10 and other players were given a proper score. They were hilarious but not exactly possible for WC to clean up for the Celtic Star.

Awright Ghirls & Bhoys, what a day what a match. Got a phone call this morning from the guy I got the tkts from, no jeans or trainers & pick up point, we were gonnie go tae my lassies work for a wee aperitif before pick up time & she could meet her pal & husband.

A Fancy party bus up & dropped of right outside Hampden, the food was excellent & the fact my brown ale & large Jura was free, I also had too be a responsible adult, 🤔 the young yins ur fxckin mental.

The game was a Cracker, but mon tae fuck defend ffs, I don't have any confidence in Zawnker Clark in goals or Scot McKenna at CD, the midfield worked well unfortunately Jacob Brown up top couldn't score in a brothel if he was guided in. Shanklin should have been on, he's the inform striker at the moment ffs Stevie give the laddie a fuckin start.

Aye, nearly ended up in the local NightClub, sensibly got dropped at the front door. 12 Cold Ale in fridge & a bottle of Jura.

🎶WE'RE THE FAMOUS TARTAN ARMY & WE'RE GOING TAE GERMANY🎶

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿ALBA GU BRÀTH🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃Slàinte

Awright Ghirls & Bhoys, what a day what a match. Got a phone call this morning from the guy I got the tkts from, no jeans or trainers & pick up point, we were gonnie go tae my lassies work for a wee aperitif before pick up time & she could meet her pal & husband.

A Fancy party bus up & dropped of right outside Hampden, the food was excellent & the fact my brown ale & large Jura was free, I also had too be a responsible adult, 🤔 the young yins ur fxckin mental.

The game was a Cracker, but mon tae fuck defend ffs, I don't have any confidence in Zawnker Clark in goals or Scot McKenna at CD, the midfield worked well unfortunately Jacob Brown up top couldn't score in a brothel if he was guided in. Shanklin should have been on, he's the inform striker at the moment ffs Stevie give the laddie a fuckin start.

Aye, nearly ended up in the local NightClub, sensibly got dropped at the front door. 12 Cold Ale in fridge & a bottle of Jura.

🎶WE'RE THE FAMOUS TARTAN ARMY & WE'RE GOING TAE GERMANY🎶

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿ALBA GU BRÀTH🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃Slàinte
Clark looked nervous in goal and though he made a few decent saves they were ones you'd expect him to save.
Not sure whether Clarke has decided Shankland will be on the plane Brown's selection I don't think anyone saw coming and fluffed his big chance, looked better 2nd half.
When we don't have Robertson, KT, Hickey, we look short handed robbo and kt especially lift the others in games.
One defeat in 8 away to Spain is remarkable, incredible even .
Think we saw last night Norway are ( as we knew) better than what they've produced and with Haaland last night would've been a lot tougher.
Huge credit and respect for Clarke and what he's done with Scotland and how he's got the best out of players like McLean, Porteous, Mctominey, Gunn and so many others, when Mcginn and Calmac are on it we're a decent side Calmacs touch last night was brilliant , to foot , chest , head height he recieves and keeps it moving with great expertise.
Mcginn is just brilliant in a Scotland jersey.
6pts clear of Norway and its those two outstanding results away to Norway ( who thought they'd won 100%) and a once in a generation result against Spain at Hampden. I remember watching almost 40 years ago a star studded Scotland side that few of this side would get into beat Spain 3-1 at old Hampden, judas(2) and a super Kenny Dalglish goal.
Hopefully the draw is kind to us and we can finally get through a group.

Matchday 10 and the final installment of Germany '24 qualification and some crackers left tonight in do or die scenarios.
The big one ?
Ukraine v Italy ( a pt enough for italians)
Czechia v Moldova ( pt enough for the Czechs but incredibly had Moldova not drawn with the Faroes early in the group they'd be level on pts, a win for Moldova would see a shock like no other ( well since North Macedonia put Italy out in the play offs).
Also Slovenia v Kazakhstan is a winner takes all with 1 pt separating them , pt enough for Slovenia)
Finally the biggest surprise package of the qualifiers and there was a few this time , teams like Luxembourg just fell short, Poland and Sweden were awful, the biggest shock is Albania who only need a pt at home to the Faroe Islands to win the group which would be great to see Albania topping a group of Czech Republic, Poland, Moldova and Faroes, not to long ago Albania would've struggled to beat the Faroes so massive credit to them and with our Albanian links , Hooe they do well, looks like we're a pot 3 side which apparently is better than being pot 2 side, idk 🤷🏻‍♂️ ask UEFA.

Members online

No members online now.

Back