Stunned , shocked and all the words that go with it

Only got kellogs odour eaters if there was a hole in the sole of my shoe 😊
Remember the advert for mayonnaise? Even carpet burgers tasted good with it.
There was a guy we knew that had carpet insoles cos o the holes in his shoes. He instantly got the name "Franny Carpetburger". He is still called that by the people who know. Sometimes called Franny Hootenhacker too. No idea why though.
There was another guy (sadly dead now) who everyone knew as "Tommy Hughes wi the Welfare shoes". Mad names for people amuses me tae fuck. There's always a wee story how they got their monikers.

He worked as a rate fixer in the engineering office at Barclay Curle in Whiteinch. He worked out how long a particular job on a ship would take, how many men it would take and how much material they'd need. He was also the shop steward there.
Bet he had some stories to tell

He was actually very well educated and well read but as the last one at home he didn't go to uni after his army stint because he wanted to earn money to keep my granny.
We were at a Ben's v Ant's match one Saturday and I was deeply shocked when I thought I heard him shout at the referee that he was a tosser. I had never once heard a swear word pass his lips before and I told my brother what he said after the game and he laughed and maybe he was shouting 'have you read any Chauser'. 😂 He was involved in the football most of his life too and played for Sligo Celtic when he was younger.

Remember the advert for mayonnaise? Even carpet burgers tasted good with it.
There was a guy we knew that had carpet insoles cos o the holes in his shoes. He instantly got the name "Franny Carpetburger". He is still called that by the people who know. Sometimes called Franny Hootenhacker too. No idea why though.
There was another guy (sadly dead now) who everyone knew as "Tommy Hughes wi the Welfare shoes". Mad names for people amuses me tae fuck. There's always a wee story how they got their monikers.
That’s a bit worrying about how folk got their monikers coz I worked wi this guy years ago and he wis called his first name followed by dug shagger

Al gee yis poor, my first odour eaters were cut oot of a cornflakes box and doubled ower, nae smelly feet in my hoose.
Anyone else remember eating raw rhubarb dipped in sugar and thinking ye wur the bees knees.

P.s we had to blag the rhubarb first, and my maw geed us the sugar as a reward.

Poor ffs, I remember my big cousin Betty getting us into the pictures way jam jars.

H.H
Ma cardboard odour eaters were put intae my haun me doon big bro's shoes that had me clicking ma way to school with cegs on the soles that was awe the rage. Don't get me started on what I had to wear to school. Loved the raw rhubarb in the summer supplied by the wee wuman's garden doon the road. The empty bottles of dandelion burdock stout got us a treat at the tally van. There was 7 of us weans all in the one hoose so we were trail blazers for recycling in those days. I never thought of us as poor.

Whose being lined up for the Celtic job today? I heard yesterday that Celtic are indeed in discussions with Howe but knowing Celtic its probably just " hi Eddie how goes you?" Orite Celtic aye getting by cheers "

I remember in the early 80s getting fucking pissed off, my parents and older sister had electric blankets, none of this cental heating nonsense, poor Hoopy got to freeze his undeveloped balls off, so a wrote a story for primary school saying I had to wear a parker in bed to prevent hypothermia, shamed my parents into getting me an electric blanket, fuck that was luxury! Before that I remember getting ready for school and my maw would have the oven on in the kitchen to heat us up, I actually had my feet in the oven to defrost my feet and went too close to the edge, melted my fucking socks onto my feet, proper fucking pain, 3rd degree burns, still got sent to school!
Best days of your life? Get te fuck!
So basically you were always a wee dick??

I remember in the early 80s getting fucking pissed off, my parents and older sister had electric blankets, none of this cental heating nonsense, poor Hoopy got to freeze his undeveloped balls off, so a wrote a story for primary school saying I had to wear a parker in bed to prevent hypothermia, shamed my parents into getting me an electric blanket, fuck that was luxury! Before that I remember getting ready for school and my maw would have the oven on in the kitchen to heat us up, I actually had my feet in the oven to defrost my feet and went too close to the edge, melted my fucking socks onto my feet, proper fucking pain, 3rd degree burns, still got sent to school!
Best days of your life? Get te fuck!
I'm just a poor bhoy, I need no sympathy ( aye right) 😂

Members online

Back