Surgeon

100% that all sporting events, gigs etc should be cancelled or played behind close doors in the case of the former...I firmly believe as well that countries should get ahead of it and not leave it too late like Italy did..the Chinese were prepared for it and with the containment measures they put in place, they have pretty much shut it down before it got any worse...
Chinese are lying cnts , all they've contained is the reporting of it , had they given access to the W.H.O and let scientists study the figures and the scale of the outbreak the rest of the world would have had a better idea of what's going on

I do not like talking about politics on a football forum. But this is shocking and totally irresponsible from Sturgeon. Appalling risk taking, a total lack of leadership and disregard for public safety.
If she feels that the risk is so low then she should be publicly invited to attend the match to reassure people of the same.And not tucked away in a sanitised corporate area. Some chance of her attending. All games should be played behind closed doors at the very least.
But I bet when the antidote is found she and her friends will be the very first to be innoculated. Typical self serving gutless politician.

Chinese are lying cnts , all they've contained is the reporting of it , had they given access to the W.H.O and let scientists study the figures and the scale of the outbreak the rest of the world would have had a better idea of what's going on

Not anymore lying than any other government to be fair...Italy, Iran and South Korea must take their share of the blame for the wildfire spread of this....the Italian scenario is a very real possibility in the rest of western Europe...the playing of that rugby match in Edinburgh last week was the most irresponsible thing that the Scottish government has ever done...and the huns game should have been a closed door affair too

absolute madness but not surprising , you manage a virus and slow it down by stopping movement it's not rocket science

50k going to one game plus add in staff .polic,security ,bus drivers so you could add another 2k onto the figure not including pubs filled
The risk outweighs everything ,after this weekend there will be a huge spike in results as they don't know what to do and the english govts stiff uper lip approach is well fkd

the lunatics have took over the asylum

Snp showing yet again ,,,,they can't lead
Good time for sharks to punt shite burgers and blame the illness elsewhere.

absolute madness but not surprising , you manage a virus and slow it down by stopping movement it's not rocket science

50k going to one game plus add in staff .polic,security ,bus drivers so you could add another 2k onto the figure not including pubs filled
The risk outweighs everything ,after this weekend there will be a huge spike in results as they don't know what to do and the english govts stiff uper lip approach is well fkd

Expected far better from Sturgeon and the Scottish government Kelly, honestly think it's down to political cowardice, that they're too frightened to stray too far from the UK approach in case they are accused of overreacting by the Unionist press. Better to overreact and be wrong than to play dice with people's lives if you ask me.

I've sat and listened to both Sturgeon and Boris along with his 2 medical adviser's following today's COBRA meeting and I just can't wrap my head around their logic for delaying the more stringent measures. On the one hand they're saying they want to try and delay the peak spread of the virus in an attempt to lessen the burden on the NHS yet their actions or more to the point their inaction (as far as I can see) only has the potential to expose even more of the population to it therefore increasing the burden on the NHS.

I don't know if there's something I'm not getting here but their logic seems completely back to front.

If anyone could clear this up it'd be much appreciated. (y)

My daughter in law has already taken the grandkids out of school, I'm already taken time off tae look after the Mrs. Now I've got the grandkids for 12 feking hrs a day, love them tae bits but sometimes they're hard work.

The ganes behind closed doors fae Monday onwards maybe push the tribute act over the edge.
That's all the man that anyone can be, TT........power to you for that!

I do not like talking about politics on a football forum. But this is shocking and totally irresponsible from Sturgeon. Appalling risk taking, a total lack of leadership and disregard for public safety.
If she feels that the risk is so low then she should be publicly invited to attend the match to reassure people of the same.And not tucked away in a sanitised corporate area. Some chance of her attending. All games should be played behind closed doors at the very least.
But I bet when the antidote is found she and her friends will be the very first to be innoculated. Typical self serving gutless politician.

I expect this sort of response from Bojo and his merry band of soulless fuckwits in the UK government but as a long time SNP voter I'm fucking raging at Sturgeon and her government's handling of this!

This goes beyond any sense of party politics, this is a public health emergency and from what I can see their idea of taking action is bizarrely to delay taking any action....I mean WTF kinda logic is that?

They are free to take a different approach to the UK government, as they have shown by their ban on public gatherings of 500+ people but where's the sense in waiting till the day AFTER tens of thousands of people gather publicly?

It's fucking lunacy!

I expect this sort of response from Bojo and his merry band of soulless fuckwits in the UK government but as a long time SNP voter I'm fucking raging at Sturgeon and her government's handling of this!

This goes beyond any sense of party politics, this is a public health emergency and from what I can see their idea of taking action is bizarrely to delay taking any action....I mean WTF kinda logic is that?

They are free to take a different approach to the UK government, as they have shown by their ban on public gatherings of 500+ people but where's the sense in waiting till the day AFTER tens of thousands of people gather publicly?

It's fucking lunacy!
The vast majority of professional politicians have come from a background of law, science, education and philosophy, Andy. All of these areas are defined by theory and what the experts would assume to be best practice given a predictable set of circumstances.

Once you take a politician away from predictable outcomes, they struggle badly to come up with a cogent response and end up talking out of both sides of their mouth.

Politicians are known for their inertia and delayed responses. If it's any consolation, it's not just the SNP - that uselessness extends to all major parties and if in doubt - then let's start a war.........that usually kickstarts the economy and buys a bit of time to fudge up an alternative.

Expected far better from Sturgeon and the Scottish government Kelly, honestly think it's down to political cowardice, that they're too frightened to stray too far from the UK approach in case they are accused of overreacting by the Unionist press. Better to overreact and be wrong than to play dice with people's lives if you ask me.

I've sat and listened to both Sturgeon and Boris along with his 2 medical adviser's following today's COBRA meeting and I just can't wrap my head around their logic for delaying the more stringent measures. On the one hand they're saying they want to try and delay the peak spread of the virus in an attempt to lessen the burden on the NHS yet their actions or more to the point their inaction (as far as I can see) only has the potential to expose even more of the population to it therefore increasing the burden on the NHS.

I don't know if there's something I'm not getting here but their logic seems completely back to front.

If anyone could clear this up it'd be much appreciated. (y)
Bojos playin churchill , yesterday should have been the day they took action ,the money men and that twat cummings advising him have just put a huge starin on the NHS by delaying it
Then today he sort of admits he hasn't got a clue and it will get worse , 24hrs after the WHO call this a pandemic , another 24hrs goes by the virus isn't waiting and he announces he's yet again doin fk all

Sturgeon today had the chance to protect her own people , to take matters straight into her own hands and help protect front line services and the general public

it's like were all standing in burning building waiting for the idiots to say ok ,,,you can leave now

folk should take matters into there own hands and not wait for the elected few to tell us were ok

Sheer negligence from Nicola Sturgeon and her government! Deeply irresponsible and dangerous to wait until Monday before banning mass gatherings when cases of Coronavirus in Scotland have doubled in the last 24 hours and are now at the stage of community transfer (people who've not caught it abroad or directly from someone who caught it abroad).

Why wait a further 3 days and allow tens of thousands from all over the country and outwith to gather in close proximity to one another at various sporting events then head back to their respective communities when they know the dangers this virus poses and how quickly and easily it spreads? Those 3 days could be the difference between more people contracting the virus and spreading it further.

If it has been deemed a sensible measure to take in 3 days time then surely there's further significant benefits to doing it earlier or am I missing something here?
Handshakes all around Andybhoy the Masonic
Bank account needs money so the Huns get 2 games. £ cash in the bank 🏦 if that was Celtic in financial shitcreek there would be no paddle only the anchor to drag us down.
but ridiculous that we wait till Monday 50000
People who could be infected who can then go onto infect more thank fuck it’s a virus and no pure hatred the bastards are spewing up.
well done Nicola

HH 😷😷😷

Bojos playin churchill , yesterday should have been the day they took action ,the money men and that twat cummings advising him have just put a huge starin on the NHS by delaying it
Then today he sort of admits he hasn't got a clue and it will get worse , 24hrs after the WHO call this a pandemic , another 24hrs goes by the virus isn't waiting and he announces he's yet again doin fk all

Sturgeon today had the chance to protect her own people , to take matters straight into her own hands and help protect front line services and the general public

it's like were all standing in burning building waiting for the idiots to say ok ,,,you can leave now

folk should take matters into there own hands and not wait for the elected few to tell us were ok
And you say I paaaaannnnniiiiiiicccccc Mm

HH 🤥

Sheer negligence from Nicola Sturgeon and her government! Deeply irresponsible and dangerous to wait until Monday before banning mass gatherings when cases of Coronavirus in Scotland have doubled in the last 24 hours and are now at the stage of community transfer (people who've not caught it abroad or directly from someone who caught it abroad).

Why wait a further 3 days and allow tens of thousands from all over the country and outwith to gather in close proximity to one another at various sporting events then head back to their respective communities when they know the dangers this virus poses and how quickly and easily it spreads? Those 3 days could be the difference between more people contracting the virus and spreading it further.

If it has been deemed a sensible measure to take in 3 days time then surely there's further significant benefits to doing it earlier or am I missing something here?
mibee dark forces....

Keep politics out of it. We're talking or should be talking fitba.

The vast majority of professional politicians have come from a background of law, science, education and philosophy, Andy. All of these areas are defined by theory and what the experts would assume to be best practice given a predictable set of circumstances.

Once you take a politician away from predictable outcomes, they struggle badly to come up with a cogent response and end up talking out of both sides of their mouth.

Politicians are known for their inertia and delayed responses. If it's any consolation, it's not just the SNP - that uselessness extends to all major parties and if in doubt - then let's start a war.........that usually kickstarts the economy and buys a bit of time to fudge up an alternative.

And that's the thing I can't wrap my head around SP, when the outcome cannot be so easily predicted......which seems to be the case here as this is a new unknown......then surely it is best to air on the side of caution instead of waiting for events to overtake you. Better to be proactive than reactive in these circumstances surely?

Maybe there's some logic in their approach I'm not seeing but on the face of it it looks like colossal stupidity and dangerous stupidity at that!

HH SP (y)

100% this ^ Very well said Kelly. (y)

Handshakes all around Andybhoy the Masonic
Bank account needs money so the Huns get 2 games. £ cash in the bank 🏦 if that was Celtic in financial shitcreek there would be no paddle only the anchor to drag us down.
but ridiculous that we wait till Monday 50000
People who could be infected who can then go onto infect more thank fuck it’s a virus and no pure hatred the bastards are spewing up.
well done Nicola

HH 😷😷😷

mibee dark forces....

The SNP are no friends to the huns and vice versa, this is political cowardice and a failure of leadership from Sturgeon pure and simple!

HH Lhads (y)

Back