The Battle of Govan

Yes Lubo the loyalists put it on fb for them all to meet at the cenotaph in Govan to protest against the March.

Well hundreds of them turned up and started rioting against the police who was trying to stop them going down the same street as the march.

Pubs had to lock their doors and the subway was shut down.

The loyalists are extremely angry just now and their sense of entitlement getting severely tested.

I think there was arrests but I don’t know if there was anybody hurt or not from the legitimate march.

Yes Lubo, I think with the ‘Call it out Campaign’ against Irish Catholic Racism in Scotland has put a huge spotlight on the problem here. The Call it Out Campaign had silent protests at some Chapels when the Orange walk was passing by them this summer.

I think because people are standing up to the racist culture here in Scotland it’s upsetting the loyalist population and testing their supposedly right to superiority and entitlement over multi generational Irish Catholic’s here in Scotland.

Glasgow is one of my favourite places throughout the world. I admire the contrasting architecture and the characters that always seem to be omnipresent. I love the sense of humour and the forthright opinions and I like the diversity and mixture of cultures that are now more evident.

I couldn't live there if you paid me to though. Not with that dark toxic cloud of hun hatred that's always ever present.

Anytime I use public transport, there always seems to be at least one obnoxious hun who can't seem to help themselves and I think that that's identifiable in pubs, restaurants and cafes too.

Ironically, I don't think Glaswegian huns are the worst. Like Glaswegian Celtic fans, they mostly have to get along with each other at work and in other environments. It's the zealots from the enclaves that come and contaminate your streets in marching season, match days and these organised dirty protests that are the most intolerable.

Glasgow might be the battlefield, but these are the bus, train and car-hoppers that feel they have to prove their hun credentials by being ultra-venomous.

I know this because some of our lads who support Celtic that aren't Glaswegian usually become super-provos on the bus through to games, even though some of them are about as Irish as morris dancers?

There's been something in the air these last few years. The thunderheads and dunderheads are starting to gather now and I think we were/are all aware that a shitstorm was coming in this next season or two.

Another few hardy souls are going to the bearpit tomorrow. I hope that your police are fully aware of the threat that that angry despicable mob pose to them all. I fear that Lubo is correct and that the level of violence and animosity is going to reach new levels of depravity.

Glasgow is one of my favourite places throughout the world. I admire the contrasting architecture and the characters that always seem to be omnipresent. I love the sense of humour and the forthright opinions and I like the diversity and mixture of cultures that are now more evident.

I couldn't live there if you paid me to though. Not with that dark toxic cloud of hun hatred that's always ever present.

Anytime I use public transport, there always seems to be at least one obnoxious hun who can't seem to help themselves and I think that that's identifiable in pubs, restaurants and cafes too.

Ironically, I don't think Glaswegian huns are the worst. Like Glaswegian Celtic fans, they mostly have to get along with each other at work and in other environments. It's the zealots from the enclaves that come and contaminate your streets in marching season, match days and these organised dirty protests that are the most intolerable.

Glasgow might be the battlefield, but these are the bus, train and car-hoppers that feel they have to prove their hun credentials by being ultra-venomous.

I know this because some of our lads who support Celtic that aren't Glaswegian usually become super-provos on the bus through to games, even though some of them are about as Irish as morris dancers?

There's been something in the air these last few years. The thunderheads and dunderheads are starting to gather now and I think we were/are all aware that a shitstorm was coming in this next season or two.

Another few hardy souls are going to the bearpit tomorrow. I hope that your police are fully aware of the threat that that angry despicable mob pose to them all. I fear that Lubo is correct and that the level of violence and animosity is going to reach new levels of depravity.

My worry SP is that the poison that you speak off in the fans who travel to Glasgow maybe spreading to the Glasgow huns.
I watched a snapchat video from an old mate, who was a rangers fan but wasnt interested in the politics, just the team. In the video hes singing about fuck the pope and the IRA...he was never like that before. He never joined in those songs.
It just seems now that its everyone one of them.

This is not credibly a religious issue of any kind, these are low life ignorant Irish hating trash.

They were told to hate in the crib, just as their ugly fathers were indoctrinated to hate anything which identifies as Irish.

Remember that reality one which historical events highlight, this is the dying embers of what once was systemic, one that is getting flamed by brexit.

Stop deflecting and stop listening to those who think you need to pre qualify how Irish you feel.
This is about anti Irish racism, a thing you have no need to apologise for or pre qualify in any way what so ever for being anymore.

Last edited:
My worry SP is that the poison that you speak off in the fans who travel to Glasgow maybe spreading to the Glasgow huns.
I watched a snapchat video from an old mate, who was a rangers fan but wasnt interested in the politics, just the team. In the video hes singing about fuck the pope and the IRA...he was never like that before. He never joined in those songs.
It just seems now that its everyone one of them.
Seen that in Dundee recently too, Lubo.

In the boozers a couple of weeks back and a fella I used to work with went all Tina Turner, Roy Orbison and the worst loyalist root-toot band imaginable!

Used to be a right canny boy too, but I think he got bitter when his hair fell oot and his skin started turning purple. I think the final straw was when his two eyes merged into one in the centre of his forehead and when he started growing extra digits on his hands and toes.

I don't think the humpitty-back done much for his general disposition either?

Jim's right about the core support and their anti-Irish race-baiting, but there's also a new breed of copycat killers coming through that have little knowledge of the archives and just want to hate for hatreds sake.

Once again we see only a couple of hundred real republicans turning out. Where were all the awayday Provos or belters out of the BBB?

As I said before. Either put up or shut up. All those who sing these songs at our games are AWOL when it matters.

Wearing badges, waving flags or singing songs in the safety of a football crowd is one thing. Having the courage to hit the streets is another.

Singing about filling an empty holster? Don’t make me Fucking laugh.

2 explanations

1. They don’t care that much at all about the “cause”, they just enjoy a song.

2. They are shitebags too scared to face down and fight the Loyalists.

Take your pick.

If you’re standing beside an away day Provo belting out a Provo song at one of our games , ask him if he was at Govan.

Choirs don’t win struggles.

I haven't seen this hatred since the 70's/80's, I would urge our fans to be very careful when visiting the theatre of hate on Sunday.
Lubo and SP are spot on, they will kill a Celtic man in the next year or two, their kulcher is on its knees, their Orange order is skint and dying, in the next few years we will possibly see an independent Scotland and the reunification of Eire, (thanks Boris) they sense it, adding to the mix the hoops making history is another thing to get their blood boiling, and we have all the ingredients for a perfect storm of bigotry.
When they let their club die and the zombies entered the lower leagues, the atmosphere was much better at Scottish football grounds, not perfect, but definitely better without the fascist klan, I want the zombie club to die asap, then we can carry on with our lives in safety.

I haven't seen this hatred since the 70's/80's, I would urge our fans to be very careful when visiting the theatre of hate on Sunday.
Lubo and SP are spot on, they will kill a Celtic man in the next year or two, their kulcher is on its knees, their Orange order is skint and dying, in the next few years we will possibly see an independent Scotland and the reunification of Eire, (thanks Boris) they sense it, adding to the mix the hoops making history is another thing to get their blood boiling, and we have all the ingredients for a perfect storm of bigotry.
When they let their club die and the zombies entered the lower leagues, the atmosphere was much better at Scottish football grounds, not perfect, but definitely better without the fascist klan, I want the zombie club to die asap, then we can carry on with our lives in safety.

Excellent points, the zombie club is a rallying point for the worst elements of unionism in Scotland and Ireland. When they have felt threatened in Ireland they have always lashed out and there has been no depravity to which they would not stoop. Hopefully there's a better future ahead for the people of Scotland and Ireland, finally free of England. We will still have to contend with the dregs of colonialism.

Just as you say Glasgow is my fave place to be we absolutely love the place but things have got worse over the years. I was coming outbid Paradise with a well stocked huge carrier bag from the shop. It was a rainy day and a taxi driver came across the empty lanes of the road and swerved just do that he could drown me in muddy water from the roadside.
I’m more careful now I don’t carry a Celtic carrier bag now in Brigton I put it in a plain carrier bag.
I’ve also been turfed out of a taxi on the way to Celtic Park as the driver said “ traffics too heavy I can’t get you that close you’ll need to get out here”
Can imagine what tourists would make if it... oh aye welcome to the dear green place

Just as you say Glasgow is my fave place to be we absolutely love the place but things have got worse over the years. I was coming outbid Paradise with a well stocked huge carrier bag from the shop. It was a rainy day and a taxi driver came across the empty lanes of the road and swerved just do that he could drown me in muddy water from the roadside.
I’m more careful now I don’t carry a Celtic carrier bag now in Brigton I put it in a plain carrier bag.
I’ve also been turfed out of a taxi on the way to Celtic Park as the driver said “ traffics too heavy I can’t get you that close you’ll need to get out here”
Can imagine what tourists would make if it... oh aye welcome to the dear green place
All taxi's have numbers and the drivers have badges, you should have taken them or taken a photo of them on your phone then reported them to the council/ licensing authority. They take a dim view of that sort of behaviour.

Glasgow police Ch Supt Mark Hargreaves condemned the unionists:

"Police Scotland has a duty to facilitate processions and any peaceful protest, but this kind of behaviour by persons demonstrating against the parade is utterly unacceptable.

"It is extremely disappointing to see people acting in this fashion, causing fear and alarm to members of the public as well as putting many people at risk."

Glasgow City Council wants fewer parades so maybe fewer Orange bigotfests in future......won't hold my breath on that one:

"The council is clear that the law expects it to facilitate public processions; including those that some people oppose or find offensive.

"However, this cannot continue to be at the expense of the overwhelming majority of Glasgwegians, who want nothing to do with these marches, or counter-protests.

"The city needs and wants fewer marches. We are prepared to consider any action that will protect communities from morons intent on bringing mayhem to the streets of our city".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-49526876

"However, this cannot continue to be at the expense of the overwhelming majority of Glasgwegians, who want nothing to do with these marches, or counter-protests.

"The city needs and wants fewer marches. We are prepared to consider any action that will protect communities from morons intent on bringing mayhem to the streets of our city".

So now the council have decided that they want to ban organised marches...when it's a Republican one and the loyalist scum get offended.
Where have the council been for the last 20 years or longer as Glaswegians complained about pissing, violent, orange scumbags marching through the streets??
Now it's a fucking issue. Because the poor scumbag orange scum bastards have got offended and decided to riot and smash up the streets.
So marching will be banned in Glasgow now?? But I bet you it will be a certain type of march. The one where a tricolour flys.
Once again the rioting hun orcs will smash and burn and cause trouble.....and get their own way.
Glasgow council everybody ???

Members online

Latest posts

Back