The Battle of Govan

So what you are saying verdict is that if you don't show up at a Republican walk or physically stand up to loyalist intimidation then you are not entitled to express your anathema to their vile beliefs?
I'm from Govan pal and didn't even know that there was a March on last night.
Who are you to denigrate other people's beliefs or the measures they take to express those beliefs?
Choirs don't win struggles ? Black movement in Americas 60s " we shall overcome " Iconic opposition to the racist government and society of the time.
So instead of singing about filling holsters they should actually fill them and shoot people ?
Verdict, I'm not even against your view that singing this stuff at Parkhead is appropriate but your constant berating of people that do is not only repetitive nonsense but boring as fuck mate.
You're generally a good poster and I see your point of view but give it a rest.

My point is solely the singing of these songs at our games for me only brings the club grief and is used to say we are just as bad as that mob. It’s also the fact how seriously do people take this stated political stance when the vehicle for this to me is more than belting out a song at a game. I also think they inspire no cunt on the park. Who are they for? Not the team. People tell me it’s their right, well I have plenty of political beliefs but I don’t sing about them at the games.

What we willl see is us being dragged into the equation of Sevco by the Sevco press pointing out the Ira stuff. There will probably be some form of sanctions imposed on these songs to equalise the scorn. Why do that? Especially for me when it’s clear there is little interest to get involved with groups who do protest and march.

I support Glasgow Celtic not the IRA. The IRA themselves signed for peace. I agreed with that as the Troubles cost too many lives. The problem is the continual picking at a scab never lets it heal.

I also strongly believe in getting involved with things you believe but I don’t think singing at a football game is the right environment especially when it causes the club hassle.

I agree with practically fuck all the board says or does, but in this I do. Would you still say that it’s ok for people to sing them if strict liability cams in and if it does you can bet your bottom dollar these songs will be included to balance it up.

They don’t inspire the team. That’s the bottom line for me. It causes us grief and it does absolutely fuck all to help the situation in the north either. I know it won’t change until we get fined and even then some may still say it’s my political right. Well, politics is more than singing songs, or it is to me. I used the example of the Miners strike, I felt strongly about that and went on marches, picket lines and got into some bother. I didn’t sit in a pub singing about the class war and not turn up when we needed to show support. Be as political as you want, I admire that, but to me it takes more than singing at a game. A lot more.

Jonny won the battle of Govan.

Jonny and the philosopher's stone

Jonny silenced the typically semi-literate grunts and groans coming out the slobbery mouths of things comically clad in their finest bri-nylon milkmans uniform, woke them out of their day dreaming of their part in some supposed great british kkkultur and history that never actually existed.

My worry SP is that the poison that you speak off in the fans who travel to Glasgow maybe spreading to the Glasgow huns.
I watched a snapchat video from an old mate, who was a rangers fan but wasnt interested in the politics, just the team. In the video hes singing about fuck the pope and the IRA...he was never like that before. He never joined in those songs.
It just seems now that its everyone one of them.
Guess that the frustration of winning s.f.a. in 7yrs is it now, is getting to them more and more. And so they're pumping up the volume like never before. Think of it as being deprived of one's conjugals for aw that time.
And more, a lot more, to 'cum'
MTH

Just as you say Glasgow is my fave place to be we absolutely love the place but things have got worse over the years. I was coming outbid Paradise with a well stocked huge carrier bag from the shop. It was a rainy day and a taxi driver came across the empty lanes of the road and swerved just do that he could drown me in muddy water from the roadside.
I’m more careful now I don’t carry a Celtic carrier bag now in Brigton I put it in a plain carrier bag.
I’ve also been turfed out of a taxi on the way to Celtic Park as the driver said “ traffics too heavy I can’t get you that close you’ll need to get out here”
Can imagine what tourists would make if it... oh aye welcome to the dear green place
Has anyone ever thought it was a good idea to carry a bag full of Celtic gear through Brigton?

Depends what kind of Celtic gear you carry.
View attachment 4222
Don't think for a minute that was just an attack on a RFB...That's an attack on democracy and freedom of expression! Never let the bastards win there were wars fought over this....the Democratic right to protest peacefully not a problem but this was naked aggression and fascism at best. Fucked if am gonna sit on my arse and let that happen Never! No pasaran!!✊

Has anyone ever thought it was a good idea to carry a bag full of Celtic gear through Brigton?
Well you could argue it was daft, naive or just for a moment I thought why should I not be able to carry a carrier bag of my choosing through the city I love. And maybe I thought things might be changing for the better. But no those old hatreds live on, just the sight of that bag stirred emotions that caused that driver to throw all thoughts of safe driving out of the window, his only concern was the thought that he could ruin my day. He didn’t. He was just another sad, bigoted individual

There's a simple solution to marching be it in Glasgow, Belfast or Beirut. If you want to march, be you Unionist, Nationalist, Monarchist, Republican, Gay, Straight, etc ad infinitum, you should have to foot the bill for all policing and security measures and take out insurance for any property damage then pay for all cleanup required.
And go to a big park somewhere

Members online

Latest posts

Back