The Battle of Govan

Getting desperate for the money MD,its alright assembling a few wee loans and thinking thats it sorted, you need to have backup, Arfield blowing out his arse, Defo and Davis will not last the pace, McGregor one kick away from a dodgy injury, saw him v St Mirren holding his groin after a challenge, Celtic are bringing in loans but the thing is they have legs and experience. also our signings are at a good age if its Taylor etc and wil be good for MJ and Christie etc, share same things and trends.

Just as you say Glasgow is my fave place to be we absolutely love the place but things have got worse over the years. I was coming outbid Paradise with a well stocked huge carrier bag from the shop. It was a rainy day and a taxi driver came across the empty lanes of the road and swerved just do that he could drown me in muddy water from the roadside.
I’m more careful now I don’t carry a Celtic carrier bag now in Brigton I put it in a plain carrier bag.
I’ve also been turfed out of a taxi on the way to Celtic Park as the driver said “ traffics too heavy I can’t get you that close you’ll need to get out here”
Can imagine what tourists would make if it... oh aye welcome to the dear green place
To be fair greenghirl, last year I was driving through bridgeton cross and in perfect harmony , I spotted a manky, dog pish filled puddle and a perfectly positioned, toy soldier uniformed,manky dog pish stained ,dentally challenged band of flautists.
Well, and I don't really know how this happened, my foot slipped onto the accelerator and sped, unfortunately, through the puddle , providing the great unwashed with their first hose down since the previous years festivities.

To be fair greenghirl, last year I was driving through bridgeton cross and in perfect harmony , I spotted a manky, dog pish filled puddle and a perfectly positioned, toy soldier uniformed,manky dog pish stained ,dentally challenged band of flautists.
Well, and I don't really know how this happened, my foot slipped onto the accelerator and sped, unfortunately, through the puddle , providing the great unwashed with their first hose down since the previous years festivities.
nice wan big Yogi!!!!!!!

I came from Luath St so not very far from you and went to St Anthony's but not St Gerard's. Had relations in the winey and Teucherhill. Mind you, I had relations all over Govan and back then everyone knew everyone.
Not too far from luath st shammy. Bottom end of elderpark st near the shipyards across from the park. Corner of garmouth st. Think I had a bird from luath st though. Sure she was a hun ha ha

You s
"An Irish Unity March by Republicans has gone ahead despite violent protests"... how the Daily Record framed the loyalist attempts to stop the march and how many other Unionist sympathetic press in Scotland framed it. Catholics in Scotland put up with Orange Order marches every year - if we presented violence in protest it would be reported as"Republican Violence".... The James Connelly band is provoking trouble according to some reports but the same Press do not use the same theme of 'provocation' for Orange marchers attacking a Catholic priest or playing Sectarian tunes. Seeking "Unity is Ireland" is far more disturbing for our Sottish sectarian press than anti-Catholic violence and racist/sectarian songs about a large section of our community being told to go home. Has anyone witnessed any of the 'The Rangers' new signings being scrutinised in the same way the Celtic players have been? Incidentally I agree with Chris Sutton they will have the edge tomorrow as our Board has been a shambles - lets not kid ourselves. However, Chris should not be blind either to the collective pressure the Scottish press are heaping on all our signings. Our day will come at the conclusion of this league and I remain confident that we will achieve 9-in a row despite the Board.

Goldfinch 67, best post on the thread imo. Spot on about the upshot of the Unity in Ireland March and the effect this had on the establishment here in Scotland and how much this disturbs.

Your post is excellent by cutting through all the noise and chatter and lays it clearly on the line - anti Irish Racism. Excellent post!
HH??

Any idea if my 800 red cards idea will be at Ibrox today. It would be amazing to call out the racism so clearly.

Members online

Latest posts

Back