The Big Cup Final

How Wis that aff side , that’s a goal all day long 🤷‍♂️
Benzema was clearly lying in an offside position, but when the replay showed the ball was knocked through to him by the Liverpool defender's knee then I would have thought he was considered onside. Unless they are saying he was offside at the point when the Madrid attacker connected with the ball immediately before the defender - but then is Benzema interfering with play at that point???

Essentially no-one really knew what decision should be made so they went with what the assistant ref said! What a mess. And I'm wanting Liverpool to win but thought Madrid should have gotten the goal.

Last edited:
That's what I was just typing then I actually confused myself! Does the last Liverpool defender not play him onside because the keeper was further forward??
No. You need to have 2 defensive players between you and the goalline.

It appears VAR has followed the rules correctly here, but I don't think many people knew that the latest interpretation of the laws is that it has to be a deliberate pass from the defender.

I think most people connected with football would not agree with this and we'd all be raging if one of our goals was disallowed for this.

Shocking the amount of long balls played in this game so far, especially when most of them have picked out no-one.
This competition desperately needed our return to show the whole of Europe and the world how football should be played "The Celtic way"

Members online

Latest posts

Back