The Celtic Masters of Disaster, Bombscare XI

Yet there were times when he'd go on a mazy and look world-class.

Big Efe had the same problem as Joso......all of the talent you could want in a defender, but the concentration and attention span of a walnut
He could never judge the bounce of a ball either, number of times u wud see him waiting on it, jumping, and it just sailed over his nut, think we lost a big goal in Europe like that to a big team n CL as well if my memory serves me right🤔

He could never judge the bounce of a ball either, number of times u wud see him waiting on it, jumping, and it just sailed over his nut, think we lost a big goal in Europe like that to a big team aw well if my memory serves me right🤔
The Juventus game, mate.......we started like a train that night and it had a feel about it, then Efe had a series of brainfarts and it was over by half-time.

The direction of another thread got me to thinking about the possible worst ever team that Celtic could put out. Their inclusion might not reflect their effort because some of them were triers, but we've had some woeful players in Hoops and they are worthy of a mention for old times sake:

1. Ian Andrews - healthy price tag from Leicester and got his tea put oot in unceremonious fashion after a disastrous game at the midden. Not entirely his fault, but it is a fundamental prerequisite for goalkeepers to at least have hands.

2. Cha Du-Ri - our bald Korean might have looked like Rico Annoni and it's just a pity that he played like Rico too.

Both men were cult heroes, but to be perfectly honest - neither were particularly good footballers. Loved the both of them, but car crash full-backs weren't what we needed.

3. Anton Rogan - I loved Anton and he was a better player than I'm giving him a lack of credit for here in this line-up. He was just unfortunate to have played in some of the worst Celtic sides in my lifetime.

There have been worse left-backs at Celtic Park, but Anton just happened to be in the right place at the wrong time.

4. Derek Whyte - as was the case with Anton, the makings of a decent player, but then got kidded into thinking that he was better than he actually was.

5. Komperr/Tebily/Scheidt - bit of a liberty here, but I'm taking the view that between the three of them, then there might be half-a-player there........naw, scratch that - they were all feckin mince.

6. Du Wei - China has given Scotland many great gifts over the years. The Tip-Top has served me some of the finest food I have eaten, but in the tradition of China - there has to be balance in the natural order; therefore - we had to endure Du Wei to balance out the delicious lemon duck they gave us.

Du wei lemon ducked off pretty quickly and was soon replaced by Zheng Zi..........Thanks for that, China

7. Stuart Slater - I still break out in a cold sweat when his name gets mentioned. Not his fault that he came at a huge cost, but Jesus, he was awful. Started out well enough too, but that first 180 minutes wearing Hoops betrayed how shite he really was for Celtic.

8. Evander Sno - being a bit harsh again and I hope he is healthy, but I can't trust a footballer who has feet the size of tugboats and he often played like he was tugging a boat behind him.

9. Wayne Biggins - no words.......

10. Juninho - Juninho was a world cup winner and an undoubtedly talented footballer who performed minor miracles at Middlesbrough. Perhaps it was exacerbated by losing Henrik, but Juninho cost a barrel of money in wages and just looked like a lost wee laddie in Hoops.

11. Derk Boeriggter - somewhere there was a footballer just waiting to burst out of the Dutchman, but unfortunately - you'd have to burst a bollock waiting for it to happen. Unlucky with injuries, but the name sicknote was made for guys like Derk.

Another couple of million we'll never see again.........in spite of our supposedly sound business model, we haven't half pished some serious money away.
Cos I mind a Rogan old firm goal I'm gonny have to stand up and call for him to be removed lol

Back