The Clearout

Fairly extensive list that I could debate but only around the edges.
For me the key appointment is Director of Football whose responsibilities cover the complete football programme. Then appoint a first team coach and let the CEO run the business. Lawwell is a class CEO but thinks he is the football guy as well. Therein the problem.
Having seen the reserves come in and look clueless is a poor reflection of their development programmes.
So for me Director of Football and go from there.
HH

On another note, I watched Soccer AM yesterday. Big Joe Ledly was on yesterday. He was asked, who is the best manager you ever played for? He said, Neil Lennon....tactically brilliant and a fantastic man manager, we would have run through walls for him!!
Aye well, that NL was abducted by aliens and replaced by a guy that couldnt win a game of naughts and crosses if he went first every time.

I was sent this by my brother law who got from his mate,
Ross Desmond is appointed to the board of directors with immediate effect.
Peter Lawell will step down at the end of the season?
Neil Lennon will take charge of his final game on Wednesday night with his resignation tendered post match.
John Kennedy will be moving to a football operations role and Gavin Strachan to a role within the U23 set up to the end of the season.
Eddie Howe will be announced first thing Thursday morning along with his back room staff. Giving him a week to access the squad prior to the league game against Hamilton at home on the Wednesday night.

My brother inlaw used to work for Dundee FC and is the know about a few things.
On another note, I watched Soccer AM yesterday. Big Joe Ledly was on yesterday. He was asked, who is the best manager you ever played for? He said, Neil Lennon....tactically brilliant and a fantastic man manager, we would have run through walls for him!!
I got it from a pal in Portugal who knows nothing. Just saying.
HH

Still think majority of the players at Celtic are good to very good.
But have downed tools why doubt we’ll ever know why.
So a New Manager whoever we get will get
The usual reaction suddenly they’ll play as before. Bastards imo.
But we need this as we’ve been PL plaything too long.
So get the new man in now give him the Time he’ll need to get the Side ready for
The Champions League Qualification.
And the Time To see what’s on the Menu players wise.
Onwards and upwards
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀

I was sent this by my brother law who got from his mate,
Ross Desmond is appointed to the board of directors with immediate effect.
Peter Lawell will step down at the end of the season?
Neil Lennon will take charge of his final game on Wednesday night with his resignation tendered post match.
John Kennedy will be moving to a football operations role and Gavin Strachan to a role within the U23 set up to the end of the season.
Eddie Howe will be announced first thing Thursday morning along with his back room staff. Giving him a week to access the squad prior to the league game against Hamilton at home on the Wednesday night.

My brother inlaw used to work for Dundee FC and is the know about a few things.
It's a real shame how Lenny's second stint has ended up.

Loads of great memories from his first spell in charge.
I was gutted when he left.

But that was a different time, with a different set of personalities.
If he's tried to instill the same culture and style this time around, it hasn't worked for a number of reasons.

Maybe if he'd had settled on a starting 11 instead of chopping and changing every week and playing people out of position, things may have been different now, or maybe the players would have run through walls for him then because they witnessed the assaults and death threats and the effect it had on Lenny first-hand at the time.
Maybe creating a siege mentality, or simply they were a better group of players. Maybe Mjallby was a lot to do with the successes, as was Duff and without either, he's been found wanting...who knows.

Got to feel for him, but he has to realise it's time to go ffs.

I wouldnt be too hasty to send laxalt back hes still adapting and playing better than most. Julien I've not heard that he wants away? The board? Only DD wherever the fk he is Bahamas mibbees , cant see him getting rid of them though I agree that they should be moving on.
First I've heard of big Jules wanting away too mate, news to me.

I like Laxalt, Admittedly he's irratic, and can give the ball away, but he always bursts a gut to make up for it. Daft fouls need to be taken out his game, but he has real class and a great attitude.

In a decent side, he'd shine.

First I've heard of big Jules wanting away too mate, news to me.

I like Laxalt, Admittedly he's irratic, and can give the ball away, but he always bursts a gut to make up for it. Daft fouls need to be taken out his game, but he has real class and a great attitude.

In a decent side, he'd shine.
I was quite keen when he 1st played too, but you're right about the daft fouls. I was quite surprised to learn he's 27. I thought he was younger. Hes only on loan and I'm not sure if he's worth a permanent move.

It certainly doesn't bode well for the future!

I've given a lot of thought to this very subject, and it's a pretty grim outlook as it stands.

We need pretty much a full rebuild in such a short space of time that I'd say next season's chances are already looking less than hopeful.

Our reported targets and the players we've signed of late, except a handful, have been depressingly underwhelming.

Do I have faith in this current set up scouting and delivering on several first team quality players? During a Pandemic and Brexit to boot.

Not a chance.

Heads needed to be on the chopping block yesterday for this absolute disaster of a season.
I very much agree with Keviano67, the scale of the challenge to rebuild the team AND club is absolutely massive. The most annoying thing is it's been hiding in plain sight. I think we all seen this coming.

This isn't just about Lenny; this about several levels of mismanagement. Boardroom for lack of forward planning. Scouting for the abysmal failure in the transfer market. Coaching ? Well, we can only make judgement on what we see on the field. Set pieces anybody? This could take longer than any of us would like.

Taking the players who wish to leave out of the equation, I reckon we're left with maybe five or six who are anywhere good enough. Big task ahead.

I very much agree with Keviano67, the scale of the challenge to rebuild the team AND club is absolutely massive. The most annoying thing is it's been hiding in plain sight. I think we all seen this coming.

This isn't just about Lenny; this about several levels of mismanagement. Boardroom for lack of forward planning. Scouting for the abysmal failure in the transfer market. Coaching ? Well, we can only make judgement on what we see on the field. Set pieces anybody? This could take longer than any of us would like.

Taking the players who wish to leave out of the equation, I reckon we're left with maybe five or six who are anywhere good enough. Big task ahead.
Which leaves me pondering why we’re waiting to start the rebuild
A new manager really has a free hit between now and end of season to impose himself on club and figure out who he likes and what/who he needs
A mystery really

Let's not get too carried away troops. I believe change is coming but not so much grand scale as some people like to think. Management and backroom changes are inevitable. Players always come and go at Celtic, whether or not we get the money we want from them is different. Players have hit Rock bottom this season so through their own faults they have dropped in valuation. Our club we all accept is down at the moment but we are not out. The proper changes made have to come soon, especially managerial positions, this will give a new man time to assess his squad ahead of next season. We all just have to keep the faith and support our team. 🍀🍀🍀

I was quite keen when he 1st played too, but you're right about the daft fouls. I was quite surprised to learn he's 27. I thought he was younger. Hes only on loan and I'm not sure if he's worth a permanent move.
When he first came here milan allegedly had valued him at 12million or roundabouts. Now with cost cutting etc they are allegedly (being the operative word) now willing to sell for more like 5-7 million. The money we've laid out on Duffy for a season would say to me that laxalt is worth the 5-7 and as you say would shine in a better unit. And hes still adapting cant speak english but still not many bust a gut more than him. His work rate for me is up there with calmac and broony hope we get him signed.

When he first came here milan allegedly had valued him at 12million or roundabouts. Now with cost cutting etc they are allegedly (being the operative word) now willing to sell for more like 5-7 million. The money we've laid out on Duffy for a season would say to me that laxalt is worth the 5-7 and as you say would shine in a better unit. And hes still adapting cant speak english but still not many bust a gut more than him. His work rate for me is up there with calmac and broony hope we get him signed.
Not for me winter
That 5-7 million could (in theory) be spent better than on someone who can’t cross a ball and is consistently caught out of position
I agree he gives his all and does some things which are superb
He could improve without a doubt
If he was there already I’d happily keep him but I wouldn’t be paying that amount of money for him

In a way you are right. But just a few wee changes can have such a massive impact in the pitch.

We gave a large squad of very talented players who - if we can correctly channel their energies - can lead us to success over the next couple of years. But we need a suitability energised managerial team to channel their talents properly to give us the best chance of success.
Spot on Bridie Bhoy,changes are what is needed but first we need to get the new manager through the door so he can have a look at what he has to work with.
It is very possible the next manager could turn things around with most of the players we have plus 4 or 5 new faces starting with the goalkeeper we badly need.
I think if we get an English manager in he will see we are a very lightweight team,very skillful midfield but still lightweight.
Would love to see Eddy and Ajer stay but I think these two will supply the war chest we need to get the new faces through the door and if anybody shows interest in Christie his old man will have the jet ready to go..
We are spending millions every year on this academy of ours,can anybody tell me who the last success was who came through the academy,I mean first team regular..
Has it been so long ago as Jamsie and Calum,??????..
Maybe it will take something like this for people to sit up and take notice of what is happening all the way through this club of ours..

HH.

Let's not get too carried away troops. I believe change is coming but not so much grand scale as some people like to think. Management and backroom changes are inevitable. Players always come and go at Celtic, whether or not we get the money we want from them is different. Players have hit Rock bottom this season so through their own faults they have dropped in valuation. Our club we all accept is down at the moment but we are not out. The proper changes made have to come soon, especially managerial positions, this will give a new man time to assess his squad ahead of next season. We all just have to keep the faith and support our team. 🍀🍀🍀
Did you see the post from green sprig ? A piece from video celts I think saying that DD is possibly looking to offload Celtic to his son, responsibility wise, hes apparently a more keen and invested supporter than DD and is more interested than his father. If that's true and we still have the backing of DD but his son oversees things that could be a game changer. If you've not seen it I'll try and find it or green sprig might see and post it on here.

Although I agree with most points I'd disagree on the number of players that would be good enough. I think we have a squad that contains many talented footballers. IMO what is letting them down is not a lack of skill but rather a lack of direction, guidance, desire and fitness. A good coach would quickly get these players motivated and aware of their responsibilities in whichever system(s) we choose to play.

At the moment our team are playing at a level less than the sum of their talents whereas good coaches can get their players to repeatedly perform to a higher standard.

Not for me winter
That 5-7 million could (in theory) be spent better than on someone who can’t cross a ball and is consistently caught out of position
I agree he gives his all and does some things which are superb
He could improve without a doubt
If he was there already I’d happily keep him but I wouldn’t be paying that amount of money for him
We dont even know what his best position is but it's really early days for him at Celtic and a touch harsh to judge him so quickly given that hed never been to scotland cant speak english and is a long way from home (take note Hatem el Hamed ) I also think that he will shine if the others around him put in the same work rate. Hes been left exposed in positions quite often hes covering in during the game. If we can get better then I'm all for that but who?

I wonder if and when this thread will actually have a transfer to talk about. Rather than lists of people we know won't come. No need to worry though, we are only 17 days into the window. I'm sure they are working day and night to possibly buy players who aren't utter shit. I can dream.

Although I agree with most points I'd disagree on the number of players that would be good enough. I think we have a squad that contains many talented footballers. IMO what is letting them down is not a lack of skill but rather a lack of direction, guidance, desire and fitness. A good coach would quickly get these players motivated and aware of their responsibilities in whichever system(s) we choose to play.

At the moment our team are playing at a level less than the sum of their talents whereas good coaches can get their players to repeatedly perform to a higher standard.
Everyone wanted to play for the snake nobody wanted to lose there place and morale was sky high ,good coaching in a professional enviroment players bought into it those who didn't fell by the wayside

When he fkd off and took everyone with him we didn't replace like for like we went with the cheapest option and winged it along the way ,we now have no morale ,players lookin for pastures new the same low morale seems to have affected the younger players to this should have been nipped in the bud a long time ago

Members online

Latest posts

Back