The disturbingly violent campaign ads of the American right wing.

But ..the architects aren't really going to say " that shouldnt happen , its supposed to flex with 20 heavyweight spots and disco lights hanging to the bottom of it and we tested it in a wind tunnel at milton Keynes big thanks to McLaren etc"
When structures like that are designed the engineers have to provide calculations for everything, all the different forces at play are represented as vectors. The calculations become so bloody complicated that I'm convinced nobody understands what they actually mean, including the engineers that created them! I had to study a bit of it years ago and I honestly hadn't a fucking clue what all the arrows and numbers in my calculations meant but I passed the exam 🤷‍♂️
Bottom line is structural designs are generally based on what's worked in the past and the calcs are fabricated to back that up. So if a 300x200 rsj spaned 40 feet 20 years ago it'll work again.
The problem comes when QS's and Accountants (bloody accountants 🙄) demand lower build costs and the engineer ends up sitting there wondering if a 250x175 rsj would work because its 30% cheaper, the truth is unless it's been done before he (she) doesn't know!
Plenty of buildings round the world have failed because materials have been pushed a wee bit too far.

Sorry to give you nightmares! 😹

Cheers bhuddy its ma birthday I'm 21 again, again, and some 😁 I'm celebrating maself the noo before the clan turns up with a bottle of Chivas 12 , my other half got me and was aw disappointed cos she thought it was a single malt but I explained to her that ,
Chivas 12 is a classic for a reason. Made up of the finest malt and grain Scotch whiskies, this 12-year-old blended Scotch whisky is a signature status blend – and never fails to deliver. At its heart is the great strathisla single malt and...aye I cut and pasted that 😂 I'm no fussy and pished 😛
Happy Birthday Mucker
Hope the week goes great for you and yours
Chivas Regal, a fine malt
Have a great birthday
HH

Cheers bhuddy its ma birthday I'm 21 again, again, and some 😁 I'm celebrating maself the noo before the clan turns up with a bottle of Chivas 12 , my other half got me and was aw disappointed cos she thought it was a single malt but I explained to her that ,
Chivas 12 is a classic for a reason. Made up of the finest malt and grain Scotch whiskies, this 12-year-old blended Scotch whisky is a signature status blend – and never fails to deliver. At its heart is the great strathisla single malt and...aye I cut and pasted that 😂 I'm no fussy and pished 😛
Happy birthday pal 🎂

Are you inviting Britney?

Hmm politics 🤔

I blame nationalists, ok I'm kinda kidding I blame Extreme Nationalism.

Trump in the past supported the Democratic party but seen that his way to power was as a Republican and he's played the role that appeals to all the gun toting mad nationalists in America. All this America First, flag waving, building fences not bridges has them eating out of his paw. Trump is not a politician he's at best a showman and more likely just a conman who has worked his target audience into a very dangerous frenzy.

Right enough politics I'm going back to hun cartoon characters where I feel safe!

🐈
A salesman more approriate with the my pillow guy funnelling the tax money for him.

Members online

Latest posts

Back