The Ghirls vs Glasgow. Cup Final.

The Good lady and myself are just in from the game , got to be honest I really enjoyed the game, and getting taken out for my tea afterwards was a surprise bonus.
Fully deserved victory for the double cup winners , without being sexist the biggest Diddy on the park was the ref , my wife who really doesn't really do football had a great day out now wants to go to all the girls games next season I think I've created a monster 🤣
Get her a season ticket

Just back home from the game. Took my family along today mostly because they've heard me talking up the Women's team. on the walk up to Tynecastle I was outlining the players who would win us the cup highlighting Clarissa Larisey and of course Charlie Wellings and when asked for a score prediction having assured them that Celtic would win the cup, I said it would be 3-2 to the Hoops, pity we didn't do a predictor comp for the Ghirls!

The new stand a Tyncecastle is mightily impressive, if they can build a new main stand why can't we?

Michael Nicholson and other members of the board were there. Hopefully they'll back Fran to deliver the league next season. The horribles budget is current 3 times ours.

Fran Alonso is a class act, tactically today superb. And talk about an eye for a player. On a shoestring too.

Niall's match report on The Celtic Star is well worth a read, posted in car on way home so need to add pics.

Very proud of the Celtic FC Women side and also the work we have done on The Celtic Star to support an report on the team every single game. Along with Cynic Women whop are also 100% committed to the team.

The new stand a Tyncecastle is mightily impressive, if they can build a new main stand why can't we?
We can no doubt but our new main stand will have to be twice the size of tynecastles and our current one which holds I think roughly the same 8,000.
I understand this wasn't the point of the post but anything less than a 15,000 main stand at CP will be a disjustice to the current stadium.
It would also elevate our status , having a 75,000 capacity stadium.
We may not fill that very often bar derbys and European nights as is similar with clubs who have huge capacities.
Should it be built there would be no club stadium in the UK to match it.
Old Trafford could for size but they cant match our 60,000 atmosphere now, very few stadia in the world can

We can no doubt but our new main stand will have to be twice the size of tynecastles and our current one which holds I think roughly the same 8,000.
I understand this wasn't the point of the post but anything less than a 15,000 main stand at CP will be a disjustice to the current stadium.
We may not fill that very often bar derbys and European nights as is similar with clubs who have huge capacities.
Old Trafford could for size but they cant match our 60,000 atmosphere now, very few stadia in the world can
What he said 👏👏👏
Mon Dermot to me you’ve done F all get a new Main stand finish the ground off make that your legacy. Financial prudence Mm
Naw best Stadium best atmosphere and more paying for ST’s no brainer. Keep yir hotel.

HH 🍀👏

They missed an opportunity to put in a new stand during the pandemic, when fans weren’t allowed in could have had the bulk of it done without impacting fans, as there was no one allowed in👍

They missed an opportunity to put in a new stand during the pandemic, when fans weren’t allowed in could have had the bulk of it done without impacting fans, as there was no one allowed in👍
Would contractors have been able to work on such an extensive new building project during the pandemic? I'm not in the industry so I don't know - but we had to put a lot of safety protocols in place to keep our labs open during the lockdowns and we struggled to get supplies in. Plus the board knew we were going to have to bear some significant short-term losses, so would have been even more cautious than normal about spending so much during a time of uncertainty.

But if we had been able to do it then, then it does look like a missed opportunity.

Would contractors have been able to work on such an extensive new building project during the pandemic? I'm not in the industry so I don't know - but we had to put a lot of safety protocols in place to keep our labs open during the lockdowns and we struggled to get supplies in. Plus the board knew we were going to have to bear some significant short-term losses, so would have been even more cautious than normal about spending so much during a time of uncertainty.

But if we had been able to do it then, then it does look like a missed opportunity.
General construction stayed open longer than non essential retail but there were times when it was closed too during the first lockdown. Planning permission for that sort of project would take many months / years probably so not something that could be done in a hurry.

There was no issues with sites staying open down south. They shut for a week or two at the very beginning of lockdown but quickly opened...the issue was with getting materials.

General construction stayed open longer than non essential retail but there were times when it was closed too during the first lockdown. Planning permission for that sort of project would take many months / years probably so not something that could be done in a hurry.
Aye yir probably right, these things are years in the planning and permissions stages, but sad the stadium sat empty for 18 months 🤷‍♂️

Aye yir probably right, these things are years in the planning and permissions stages, but sad the stadium sat empty for 18 months 🤷‍♂️
Increase the capacity has an impact on traffic /public transport ,parking so all that would have to be taken into account plus planning takes years ,objections would be aired so you would have the state aid nut firing in objections to delay the planning

The Hotel was costing ` us nothing not sure if that would have any impact on us increasing our capacity as well

I met up with former Celtic director Tom Grant a week or so before the lockdown started. He gave me loads of his personal photos of the demolition of the old Celtic Park and the construction of the current stadium, so that I could share with the Celtic support. These have appeared on The Celtic Star if you didn't see them, have a look. Anyway he also told me - and remember he was stadium director - that the steel in the main stand dates back to 1929 and will be due to be replaced over the next few years. Time is creeping on so there is going to have to be something done. Also for the non fat cats the facilities in the main stand are poor, especially in the lower sections.

I always thought that had we the necessary vision we would have dealt with this when they were on their journey and we had empty sections in the Lisbon Lions stand. We could have accommodated match day demand while closing and redeveloping the main stand. Probably didn't; happen because there was a genuine concern that the new club wouldn't survive. It has taken over £100m of investment from their board and investors to get to this stage, so without that money you'd have to believe they'd be gone forever. So Celtic didn't gamble on redeveloping the main stand when the chance was there.

I met up with former Celtic director Tom Grant a week or so before the lockdown started. He gave me loads of his personal photos of the demolition of the old Celtic Park and the construction of the current stadium, so that I could share with the Celtic support. These have appeared on The Celtic Star if you didn't see them, have a look. Anyway he also told me - and remember he was stadium director - that the steel in the main stand dates back to 1929 and will be due to be replaced over the next few years. Time is creeping on so there is going to have to be something done.
That is getting on a bit for steel, modern cat 5 steel framed buildings are warrantied for 120 years I think but that's fully dipped not just painted or cased in concrete.
Don't do the huddle in the main stand is my advice 😹

What he said 👏👏👏
Mon Dermot to me you’ve done F all get a new Main stand finish the ground off make that your legacy. Financial prudence Mm
Naw best Stadium best atmosphere and more paying for ST’s no brainer. Keep yir hotel.

HH 🍀👏
Aye I'd hazard a guess that 99% of supporters would rather have a new main stand in line with the rest of the stadium than a hotel.
A hotel can come after the main stand methinks

Back