The league

2 points behind, and a goal difference of -3, 12 games to go.

Since Clement took them over we have seen a 9 point swing in their favour. We have dropped 14 points in 18 games.
They are on a roll, doesn't matter how they are playing, they are finding a way to win. We look like a team who have chucked it. A team that knows they are second best in a two horse race.
Our 'elite' manager needs to get his finger out and earn his £3m salary.
Our elite manager will probably go to Motherwell on Sunday and toil against another diddy team to another diddy manager like Kettlewell who has an appalling record and who gets beat off total sh*te like Morton

Last edited:
2 points behind, and a goal difference of -3, 12 games to go.

Since Clement took them over we have seen a 9 point swing in their favour. We have dropped 14 points in 18 games.
They are on a roll, doesn't matter how they are playing, they are finding a way to win. We look like a team who have chucked it. A team that knows they are second best in a two horse race.
Our 'elite' manager needs to get his finger out and earn his £3m salary.
Gaz m8 we'll do this . No fears from me.

I know the tactics are all BR. But when you have to take a not fully fit LB off and replace him with berni, when we all knew what we needed in the summer....or you're relying on a Norwich 3rd choice striker...or when you're having to play guys like Palma and kuhn because they are players within a price range (set low by the board)...then the board are as much to blame.
Peter Lawwell should have a fucking statue outside Ibrox. He is the man who turned a blind eye as his biggest rival cheated to get European money. He kept quiet while the 5 way agreement was drawn up. He assisted in making sure the scum stopped the 10. He understands how valuable £60 million is to his business partners. The guy has done more for Sevco over the last 12 years than any ref, SPFL board member, or manager that's walked up the marble staircase. Peter Lawwell is "Mr Old Firm"

If BR walks or is sacked. We are going to sign a manager who has absolutely no power. The next guy will be a yes man. More than Lennon or BR ever were.
My argument way the left back decision Lubo is bernabei had a fucking mare against aberdeen giving possession away for them to charge up field and score??so bad a game that Rodgers replaced him with a right back🤷‍♂️noo that should have put that on to bed??as the Peter lawell stuff I agree 100% mate he’s a drain on our club…

There are old adages aplenty about leagues being won and lost over the entirety of a season, but this season is spiralling and I really can't see when the tailspin ends.

This is a Celtic team bereft of ideas and craft. This is a Celtic team without an identity or purpose. This is a Celtic team which runs out of energy after 60-minutes and seems incapable of altering the course of football matches.

There is no one point of blame......it is a totality of the circumstances which have created this situation.

The Board have to be held to account for this malaise. Of course there are the usual suspects who deserve a kicking, but there are also a whole battalion of cowardly chinless wonders who have lurked in the shadows, stole a wage and offer little to no practical input.

A few nights at the Knights of Columbas does not a Celtic director or board member make. Freeloaders and expenses bandits are abundant within our conclave and for as much as Lawwell and Son deserve every ounce of the shite they receive, there are a whole litany of 'Celtic Men' who have empowered and enabled their overall buffoonery.

Brendan also needs to take a long reflective look into his mirror mirror on the wall (in fairness, I doubt that's much of a chore for someone as vain as Buck is). The man does not know how to alter the course of a game. The tactics are insipid at best, non-existent at worst and just watching the players strongly suggests that Brendan just isn't rubbing their rhubarb. There's another old adage about 'losing the dressing-room', I don't think it's just the dressing-room that Buck has lost, I'm pretty sure he can't find the plot either.

Finally, the players have to take a long, hard look at themselves too. I don't want to be too hard on boys like Scales, Welsh, Ralston etc, but if anyone seriously thinks that that is the back four of Champions, then perhaps you can find your own plot while you help Buck look for his.

CalMac looked inspired against the huns and hasn't kicked a ball since. Big Matt looks like his head's in Madrid and there are more tastier wings in Nando's than there currently are in Celtic shirts.

Nothing new being written here that hasn't been written before by nearly every contributor to this site. We all see it unfold before us in real time and surely to fuck if we can see it, then the supposed brains trust at Celtic Park must have at least some clue as to how bad it is too.

Just like most of you, I have no issue with Celtic losing or drawing games. No team has a divine right to win, but I cannot tolerate the indifference, the lack of passion and fight and the general incompetence we are currently witnessing from the three main branches of our club.

I'm away to shout at random passers-by for the rest of the day.......only feckin joy I get lately
Wish I typed that but you might receive it about this time the morra with my right thumb🤣

When Brendan got re hired I wasn't happy even tho most fans especially on social media where over the moon with appointment but tbh it's not all his fault it's also the boards and the scouts with board not spending money and the board buying cheap in Europe and expecting 2/3 million pound players to have same talent as guys worth more....calling for Brendan to get sacked the now tho is harsh and we moan the league is not competitive then when it is competitive we dont like it either 🤣we are in a no win situation... hopefully rangers have a slip up today and Monday morning we are still top with 1 point 🍀
Well Tommy so much for hope because that is where we are with this team....Celtic are 2 points behind and WE have beat the HUNS twice...... If they had beat us twice they would be 14 points clear .....

Now something not many people are talking about Ange knew these players from Japan
Wish I typed that but you might receive it about this time the morra with my right thumb🤣
Well just to show you bhoys how to look on the bright side ..... We have beaten the HUNS twice already ...... if it was reversed they would be 14 points ahead ...... behind every cloud .....😂😂😂😂 That's how abysmal we have been of late ......

Well Tommy so much for hope because that is where we are with this team....Celtic are 2 points behind and WE have beat the HUNS twice...... If they had beat us twice they would be 14 points clear .....

Now something not many people are talking about Ange knew these players from Japan

Well just to show you bhoys how to look on the bright side ..... We have beaten the HUNS twice already ...... if it was reversed they would be 14 points ahead ...... behind every cloud .....😂😂😂😂 That's how abysmal we have been of late ......
Thought I had deleted the top message to Tommy 👍👍😂

Much as I'm still in a state of disbelief brought on by the shocking show of complacency from our bean counters in the boardroom, I simply can't find it in me to throw in the proverbial towel.
While I have to say in honesty, I make sevco favourites, as things stand, we most definitely ARE still in this title race.

Only my opinion; but the paucity of genuine talent in our squad, overall, is alarming.

However, we absolutely do have players good enough to take on this challenge. Get our better players off the treatment table and back into the team and let's see where it takes us.
While it's a big ask of those players who have already proven themselves wearing our jersey, I'm hoping they can inspire some kind of reaction from our underperforming newbies.

Hatate, CCV, AJ ( ? ).. we need them back, and we need them to stay fit. It would also be a help if we could get the fat lady to gargle with cyanide or something similar. It's not over yet.

Bring it on.

Much as I'm still in a state of disbelief brought on by the shocking show of complacency from our bean counters in the boardroom, I simply can't find it in me to throw in the proverbial towel.
While I have to say in honesty, I make sevco favourites, as things stand, we most definitely ARE still in this title race.

Only my opinion; but the paucity of genuine talent in our squad, overall, is alarming.

However, we absolutely do have players good enough to take on this challenge. Get our better players off the treatment table and back into the team and let's see where it takes us.
While it's a big ask of those players who have already proven themselves wearing our jersey, I'm hoping they can inspire some kind of reaction from our underperforming newbies.

Hatate, CCV, AJ ( ? ).. we need them back, and we need them to stay fit. It would also be a help if we could get the fat lady to gargle with cyanide or something similar. It's not over yet.

Bring it on.
With you there Frank, we have the players to overcome this dropping of points, but we just need the team to forget the board the manager and do their thing once they cross that line...when someone tells you it's over, or you can't do something, that's when the real person comes through, love CalMac, but for me, this is his next speech: "Right, this isn't working, and we are the ones on the park, let's change it up, forget the tippy tappy side to side stuff, we have a fast team and guys who can play power forward, let's get this done" Am I dreaming ? I'd like to think the team shows the same amount of passion and fight as those in the stands or worldwide watching at 'stupit o' clock in the morning' HH

With you there Frank, we have the players to overcome this dropping of points, but we just need the team to forget the board the manager and do their thing once they cross that line...when someone tells you it's over, or you can't do something, that's when the real person comes through, love CalMac, but for me, this is his next speech: "Right, this isn't working, and we are the ones on the park, let's change it up, forget the tippy tappy side to side stuff, we have a fast team and guys who can play power forward, let's get this done" Am I dreaming ? I'd like to think the team shows the same amount of passion and fight as those in the stands or worldwide watching at 'stupit o' clock in the morning' HH
I think Calmac is not far from getting to that point with BR. If BR persists with his chopping and changing in his line ups and substitutions he must be wondering, as captain, what the actual fuck is the game plan here?

Bring it on.
Saw this comment in a newspaper post and sorry bhoys of which I am one!!!! it is hard to argue against ....

Obviously a HUN but non the less .....

Alan Flett said: “It’s hard to believe just how deluded Celtic fans really are. In the last 12 years, Rangers have come up through the lower leagues, won four league titles, two cups and played in a Euro final. In the same period, Celtic have had a barrowload of domestic trophies handed to them on a plate and been pumped in Europe every year. Rangers are going places, Celtic are going nowhere.”

What I cannot understand about this board is that there has been times in the last 12 years where if significant investment for a couple!!! of 7,5 million plus players we WOULD have qualified for the last 16 ....

What's the old saying you have to invest to succeed .....

No they continue their buy for less sell for more strategy and more than not it does NOT work ...... They would more than have recouped their investment as worryingly that is all they appear to think about .....

But what's even more worrying is .... what he says about Europe is true ...and the problem I have they seem to have done it spending even less than our miserly board .... I believe I am correct in saying that?

So the whole club needs overhauled from top to bottom including the influx of Japanese players who unlike Ange .... Buck 😂 knows nothing about and certainly does not know how to handle them or make them tick.....

Crikey he nearly showed Hatate the door after a month......

HH

Saw this comment in a newspaper post and sorry bhoys of which I am one!!!! it is hard to argue against ....

Alan Flett said: “It’s hard to believe just how deluded Celtic fans really are. In the last 12 years, Rangers have come up through the lower leagues, won four league titles, two cups and played in a Euro final. In the same period, Celtic have had a barrowload of domestic trophies handed to them on a plate and been pumped in Europe every year. Rangers are going places, Celtic are going nowhere.”

What I cannot understand about this board is that there has been times in the last 12 years where if significant investment for a couple!!! of 7,5 million plus players we WOULD have qualified for the last 16 ....

No they continue their buy for less sell for more strategy and more than not it does NOT work ...... They would more than have recouped their investment as worryingly that is all they appear to think about .....

But what's even more worrying is .... what he says about Europe is true ...and the problem I have they seem to have done it spending even less than our miserly board .... I believe I am correct in saying that?

So the whole club needs overhauled from top to bottom including the influx of Japanese players who unlike Ange .... Buck 😂 knows nothing about and certainly does not know how to handle them or make them tick.....

HH
Hi Jim, and a humunguos welcome to The Noise. I actually find much to agree with in your post. The lack of ambition over a number of seasons has been truly stifling.

We have been content with just staying ahead of a club that has been financially and morally crippled.

Our board have put all of their energy into milking the pernicious rivalry for every parochial penny they could squeeze out of it.

They have used sevco's history of bigotry and discrimination to suit their agenda.
To me it looks like they actually feed off the idea that this reprehensible club on the southside is needed for our wellbeing.

Our board are guilty of participating in what to me is a pathetic symbiotic relationship.

They are every bit as pathetic as sevco. Time's have changed. Life for most decent fair minded folk has moved on: we should have taken the opportunity to leave them stewing in their own little world of imagined supremacy.

This title race, for me anyway, is of major importance. It's a game changer if they come out on top.

Even if we turn things round, and actually win it, I'll feel nothing but contempt for our bean-counting suits.

HH
Jim, you are making far too much sense in your first posts - are you sure you've come to the right place? Sadly a lot of what is written is true. We have deliberately chosen to just be cannon fodder in European.

How often have we been embarrassed in the last decade? Usually at least 1 game every European campaign, but sometimes several. So often we also refused to strengthen early before qualifiers and then panic-bought afterwards anyway to try to quell the complaints against our board for their lack of ambition.

I think we need to calm down on the Asian imports too. As you rightly say, Ange understood their mentality and chose a high tempo style of play that suited their work ethic. He really knew how to get a positive response from them and play to their strengths, whereas Rodgers' tippy tappy slow possession football is alien to them. I don't think his blarney/bullshit works well either going through a translator, as it appears to lose the nuances.

We need more physicality and more leaders in the side. We are too passive and we need several strong characters on the pitch to drive on their teammates. Also a calm head to take control of the game, knowing when to speed things up or even slow things down. Even yesterday when it was clear to anyone that Killie were in the ascendancy and most likely to score an equaliser, in the last few minutes rather than take our time at restarts to take the sting out of the game we still had Hart taking quick goalkicks as we blundered about in our own box under intense pressure giving our opponents hope. This is basic proper game management and we should be in the position where we have several players on the pitch understanding what is going on and taking control.

We can still turn this season around, but yes - we do need an overhaul on how we conduct our business, recruit players, coach the team (maybe try set pieces occasionally!!!) and reassess our ambitions & business model.

I agree. I will accept defeat or draws if we do our best and get outplayed by a side who is better than us on the day. They may even have rode their luck as we did against Barca in 2012 or Fraser Forester cup final against sevco just a few years ago.

I don't want us to win trebles every season either - I think it is much healthier if the domestic silverware is shared a bit more.

For me, European success would be doing ourselves justice. Making Parkheid a fortress again, winning the occasional away tie and not going into some matches fearing - and then watching - a right gubbing. Even getting a half decent run in the lower European knock out stages would be brilliant. Are their better memories than beating Liverpool, etc, 21 years ago on the wsy to Seville? It is the joy these memories bring us that make being a fan really worth it.

To me, hording huge amounts of cash is ridiculous. Why not reinvest it in the team, or the stadium? I know enough about business to know we can afford to do more with our profits than generate slightly more interest.

Is splashing out slightly more on more proven better players worth it? Yes, to me it is. I watch sports as a release of stress abd usually for enjoyment, but it is a struggle to find much fun in most of our matches in the last 10 months or so.
Apparently we needn’t bother because the huns have one hand on the league flag - according to hun media
12 games to go and we play them twice !!!!!
It’s not as if they’re 10 points or that behind us

Members online

Latest posts

Back