The league

I do. End of.
I'm intrigued, Larry. It's not difficult to understand why there's such pernicious baggage attached to the rivalry between the two clubs.

Anybody who has read anything on Scottish History, both political and social will see clearly that Scotland's Irish Catholic population has been discriminated against, almost at every level.

Where we get actions of that sort, then, sure as fate, we will get a reaction. Much as I don't hate them or their supporters, I find it impossible to cut them any slack for their input to the historical, cancerous, baggage which has done nothing other than hold society back.

Thing is, that mentality isn't confined to the beautiful game; it's actually as equally prevalent now as it has ever been, in all walks of life.

The superiority complex, the absolute belief in their supremacy. That disdain for anything different, anybody, any culture, colour, or creed, is their raison d' etre.

Maybe not the time or place for such a discussion, Larry; but I'm sure if I'm ever lucky enough to meet you in person we would enjoy chewing the fat.

Just for the record: I have good mates from the dark side; and yes, I do like them.

I do. End of.
One of my closest friends ( I’m his unofficial carer after he had a stroke) is a sevvie Larry. He is not a “hun” though. He knows nothing of Irish history or politics or religion nor does he want to. He supports them cos his dad did. After his stroke I tried to tell him he had always been Fenian but he wouldn’t wear it!!
They are not all scumbags…..just most of them.
How are you doing after your recent medical issues Larry?
Hope you are on the mend. Good to see you back posting.

I got married at Celtic park when I was home on holiday 2009.
As I left Scotland as a 15yr old in 1965 (cup final day) all my relatives are either dead or in Oz.
The only people I know in Scotland is my sister-in-law's family.
Who all are big rangers fans, + their wife's/husbands/partners ect with some tims scattered amongst us.
It was such a good night the band played a extra hour, the guy who ran Celtic TV
organized to bring the European cup up for photos ect
As I look after his son & partner when the were backpacking in Oz.
Altho I admit I organized to get them searched as they left, the standard joke of the night stealing our big cup is the only way they would ever get one.
The lesson their is good and bad in all walks of life, look at our board :(
HH

Back