The music only thread

Di Canio event cancelled due to his disgraceful political views. Well done to those who objected to this fascist.

AN event featuring former Celtic star Paolo Di Canio has been scrapped after a backlash over his political views.

The Italian, 51, was due to entertain fans at Glasgow's Hilton Hotel next month with tales of his colourful career.

Ticket sales were reportedly initially good but all buyers are now being issued with a refund.

It comes after many punters voiced their displeasure about the event online.

Di Canio has a tattoo of Italy's former fascist dictator Benito Mussolini on his back, as well as his nickname – Dux (Il Duce in latin) – on his right arm.

The former Hoops striker was also fined and banned in his homeland for doing the fascist salute during games.

Organisers Events 105 posted a statement on Facebook, saying: “Due to concerns that have been brought to our attention it is with great regret that we are announcing the cancellation of the up-and-coming show 'An Evening with Paolo Di Canio' that was scheduled to take place at the Hilton Hotel, Glasgow on Friday 6th Semptember 2019.”

Di Canio event cancelled due to his disgraceful political views. Well done to those who objected to this fascist.

AN event featuring former Celtic star Paolo Di Canio has been scrapped after a backlash over his political views.

The Italian, 51, was due to entertain fans at Glasgow's Hilton Hotel next month with tales of his colourful career.

Ticket sales were reportedly initially good but all buyers are now being issued with a refund.

It comes after many punters voiced their displeasure about the event online.

Di Canio has a tattoo of Italy's former fascist dictator Benito Mussolini on his back, as well as his nickname – Dux (Il Duce in latin) – on his right arm.

The former Hoops striker was also fined and banned in his homeland for doing the fascist salute during games.

Organisers Events 105 posted a statement on Facebook, saying: “Due to concerns that have been brought to our attention it is with great regret that we are announcing the cancellation of the up-and-coming show 'An Evening with Paolo Di Canio' that was scheduled to take place at the Hilton Hotel, Glasgow on Friday 6th Semptember 2019.”

Great player but his politics suck so I'm glad of the cancellation.

You can't beat a bit of Paul Rodgers

Lives near me and is a class act
The first single I bought as a teenager, was 'Alright Now'
One of my favourite tunes is 'Bad Company'
Not many can tour with Queen and do a great job following the LEGEND, Freddie
Good posts your 'Eminence'
Here's a belter of a clip:
None of these artists met but the video is brilliant
Gimme Shelter, my favourite Stones tune
HH

Last edited:
Angus and Malcolm's big brother George with Harry Vanda singing a weird but catchy as fuck tune about the sinking of the titanic.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back