the Rangers v Celtic - Beautiful Sunday, 1 September - all comments here

How many points does a team lose under SPFL rules when they go into administration? Is it the same for a new club like Sevco or is there a further penalty for two such events if it's (stop laughing) the same club.

Where a Club, whether owned and operated by the same or a different person and whether such person or persons is or was a Member, has taken, suffered or been subject to an Insolvency Event which resulted in a deduction of points in terms of these Rules, whether a Deductible Insolvency Event or not, or in terms of the SFL Rules and within 5 years of the date of such Insolvency Event which resulted in a deduction of points takes, suffers or is subject to a Deductible Insolvency Event the 15 and 5 points deductions applicable in terms of Rules E2 or E3, in respect of such a Deductible Insolvency Event shall instead be 25 and 15 points respectively.

7 years ago so just 15 point loss.

How many points does a team lose under SPFL rules when they go into administration?

Much as I would love to see another insolvency event over at Mordor, I'm afraid it won't be this season or next.

The death of old Rangers was the vogue topic on CQN for the better part of five years before it happened. Every day we had a new tax expert predicting the imminent end. That came after 25 years of cheating to dope the fifth best team in Scotland - who attracted St. Mirren-sized crowds in the 1980s and who I'm told sometimes gave Celtic three stands at Mordor when we came calling (never mind the Free Broomloan) - into winners of a plastic nine-in-a-row and 17 out of 25 championships before their demise. They went down owing hundreds of millions and the authorities did everything they could to keep the hoary beast alive. This zombie incarnation might be ugly and worth a giggle but they'll probably never get the chance to cheat on that industrial scale and so they won't meet with such a dramatic end. I think the more likely scenario looks like us getting the 10, King et al seeing that they've lost and cutting their cloth to fit their means, forever diminished and scarred. That is, as Craig Levein would say, the natural order.

I hate to be the reality check bore but I think it's probably better for all our sanity that we care less about the Zombies' accounts and support Lenny and his team to batter them whenever and wherever they can.

Much as I would love to see another insolvency event over at Mordor, I'm afraid it won't be this season or next.

The death of old Rangers was the vogue topic on CQN for the better part of five years before it happened. Every day we had a new tax expert predicting the imminent end. That came after 25 years of cheating to dope the fifth best team in Scotland - who attracted St. Mirren-sized crowds in the 1980s and who I'm told sometimes gave Celtic three stands at Mordor when we came calling (never mind the Free Broomloan) - into winners of a plastic nine-in-a-row and 17 out of 25 championships before their demise. They went down owing hundreds of millions and the authorities did everything they could to keep the hoary beast alive. This zombie incarnation might be ugly and worth a giggle but they'll probably never get the chance to cheat on that industrial scale and so they won't meet with such a dramatic end. I think the more likely scenario looks like us getting the 10, King et al seeing that they've lost and cutting their cloth to fit their means, forever diminished and scarred. That is, as Craig Levein would say, the natural order.

I hate to be the reality check bore but I think it's probably better for all our sanity that we care less about the Zombies' accounts and support Lenny and his team to batter them whenever and wherever they can.
I'd kind of prefer if they lived for another 20 months or so, albeit coughing and wheezing. It would be nice for them to witness history when we win 10, after that they can create their own bit of history and die for a second time.

120 minutes till the window clangs shut and seals Sevco's fate. Not only have they not sold player assets they have apparently spent $7,000,000 on Ryan Kent ( the devil is in the retail) . Mike Ashley can submit his bill at a time of his choice and force administration. Cash is king. They do not have enough to reach the next transfer window.

We’ve heard similar tales of woe for years. I will bet you a £10 charity of your choosing bet that they get by Christmas without any trouble. The hopes and dreams ofva secobd death wont happen with this signing. All it does is shine a light on the voracity of the claims that they are on their last legs.

They must have more fucking legs than a millipede, if that’s the case.

(y)Great post. After the 90's I hated them. Liquidation actually gave me nigh on closure, if and when the Res12 crew win I'll probably feel it's exorcised. I've never had any real feelings about them since to the same level as I did. I do however really, really enjoy beating them. Totally agree I just want our club moving forward and with european ambition. What happens to that lot I no longer care about. If we do our job right they should always just be a derby game and nothing more. Certainly not a credible challenger

Members online

Latest posts

Back