theRangers v Celtic - all comments here

The first 10-15 mins will set the tone.

I expect the MIB to book 1 or 3 of our players early on to stifle our aggression and give them every free kick he can conjure up.

I’m thinking the MIB will look to book Starfelt, Maeda, GG, early on, as part of the strategy to nullify us.

We need to stay focussed, composed and above all disciplined.....no diving in and giving away cheap free kicks, especially around our box.....and we need to be on it and take the chances that will come.

We are going to war.....and we need a team of warriors to be up for the fight, in a controlled and highly disciplined way.....win the battles, win the war...
:rolleyes: always wi the war

I don’t think we should start with Biton. The mib will be looking to book him as early as possible so if he makes one more tackle he will get a red. The big man would never hold back
I don't think Ange will give a thought as to how the ref will try to limit the ability of any of our players. My own feeling is, if we approach this game with such fears, we're already beaten. Just for the record, I feel Biton would give us a bit more solidity when defending balls into the box from corners and free kicks. That is actually a concern for me in this game. It has proven to be our biggest weakness, as well as being one of their few strengths. Say what you will about Tavpen, but he does deliver a good ball into the box.

I can see them trying to pack the mf and swarm from the off - don't think they have any other option given the way the first 45 played out.
Our passing has to be bang on, we will need to carry the ball well and GG will HAVE to slot away his chances.

He has his qualities but we need him to be clinical.

If Hatate hits a good rhythm it will put us in a good place. He seemed to have a dip recently, passes and touches not coming off for him.

Difficult to pick an 11 for this.

Madea/abada
GG/kyogo
Jota/forrest
O'rilley/rogic
Hatate/bitton

With these 5 potential swaps available we can't give them a moments rest .

Does anyone know what part Kyogo played in last weeks closed door game against Motherwell, did he get a run out? Did he start? How long did he play for?
The Huns a shit feart of him, it he’s fit I’d be starting him, the key to winning this game is to keep tav-pen in his own half, we need to keep him pinned back, if he is playing in our half……they will win 😱
Huge call BB, and one I couldn't agree with myself.
I know it's impossible to predict what can happen in this match with such an influence a cheating mib can have such an impact upon the biggest game in Scottish football, if not one of the biggest Derby in world football, yet it remains the shame of the Scottish FA for the issue never getting addressed still, but these remain the biggest obstacles to overcome and shocking to think we have more concerns regarding the mib than any actual player the scum have on offer.
As for Tavpen imo, remains the biggest bottle job within the scummy outfit, yet will only have any influence possibly from set plays and no wonder the cheating bastards fall over at every given opportunity to try and make the shite hawk relevant as for a defender he remains muck imo, and weather meada or Jota go at him both are well capable of destroying the useless fuck, and the same will apply to Shirley on the other side of there defence also imo.
Would expect Jackass and lumshit to play and try the thuggery to impact upon our attacking midfielders but neither are good enough to stop them imo.
Tactically the scum are very weak in there approach and so predictable with set plays as there only real weapon as such, that as a football contest this would be another easy win as a contest, but you still can't take that for granted still.

Last edited:
Not sure BB. Gollum can infuriate all suppporters ...its all about him and his own importance. He always worries me and has a habit of making big calls that ruins games. This is the perfect game for him to self indulge and be center of attention.
I've said before that I don't think Gollum is biased - he is just shite! I think he always tries to be brave and be decisive by making the big decisions, Unfortunately he gets these wrong far too often and ruins so many games due to his errors and incompetence. That is why every set of fans hate him and can recall a number of clear mistakes against their club.

Sadly, I think I'd rather suffer his shear and utter incompetence rather than have Beaton, Walsh, Madden, Robertson, MacLean or Dallas Jr refereeing our games. Clancy isn't brilliant either, but isn't as bad as the other MIBs I've listed.

We know Gollum is an RE teacher but I've often thought commentators were hinting he teaches Catholicism. I think, like Clancy, he's not biased in the traditional Beatonesque manner but rather incompetent and overmatched by the weight of the job and the intimidation factor. I remember a Huns V Diets game which Clancy refereed where the fans all sang "who's the Fenian in the black". Both Sevco and Diet fans have form for acting out intimidation fantasies and Sevco management have form for outing people so there has to be a serious amount of psychological pressure on any referee who isn't 'with the program'. As such the only way to ensure fair refereeing in Scotland is to use foreign referees.

Sorry i know its early but lets hear your predictions/starting line ups (nae politics on this thread please!)😉

Hart

Juranovic Vickers Starfelt Taylor

O'Reilly McGregor Hatate

Jota GG Maeda

Think we'll edge it 2-1 in a tight game.Early goal to shut the their fans up early doors.
Whilst Oriley did well against them last time I think I might chose rogic to start before him, really because of his experience of playing at the bigotdome and we all know he loves a goal against that mob. Cant complain about the rest it's a strong line up with us having a better bench. Maeda deserves his place but I wont be surprised to see Abada start

Whilst Oriley did well against them last time I think I might chose rogic to start before him, really because of his experience of playing at the bigotdome and we all know he loves a goal against that mob. Cant complain about the rest it's a strong line up with us having a better bench. Maeda deserves his place but I wont be surprised to see Abada start
so we start with the injured and then bring on the healthy guys as subs ,,,,,,that's a great plan :ROFLMAO:

:oops: you do know Rogics injured

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Collum tries too hard to prove that he doesnt favour Celtic with him being brought up by a good Celtic supporting father ..I do worry with Rangers* tactics of diving and looking for pens that he will get conned though..I dont think any of us can forget him giving a pen to Rangers when he could not see the incident or not giving Eddie a pen went he was clearly brought down in the box or sending Jozo off when Morelos feigned injury ..Hes certainly no Rangers fan but i worry

Members online

Latest posts

Back