Thread title, Thread Bare.

Brimcbhoy

The way we're going the new(?) Manager will have to be someone with good contacts in the bargain basement side of the game.
We will have a major re-building job to do this summer with so many players sold or for sale plus those walking for nothing at then end of their contracts. It wouldn't surprise me if we try and get another Season out of Broony.
Frimpong, Ntcham, ElHamed (yes/no/maybe) gone. Eddy, Christie, Ajer will all probably go this summer. We don't know if Forrest will recover fully from his injury. We've signed what looks like a lame duck goalkeeper in Barkas, Ajeti will never be prolific,or Klimala.
Moi, Kenny, Duffy (thank fuck) are all on loan and will return to their clubs or be sold by them.
Thats almost the WHOLE first team we will have to replace.

Theres a new CEO arriving too. From Rugby too so he's not used to transfer fees and will have very few contacts in football.
So how much do you think he will be given to play with? £20-£30m, I'd say he will be lucky if he's allowed to spend any profit from the players we sell. Anyone expecting Benitez, Martinez or Molonez are in dreamland, not even in your wildest dreams.
His biggest job will be to find a Manager who will help him refill the empty dressing room for very little cost. It may even be NL.
So when all the board and Lawwell detractors and haters look at what 'might' be waiting for us down the line, remember the age old line...
'be careful what you wish for'.

Well we can't change any of that. I'm talking about the near future, we're in transition, its very important we get it right.
Absolutely, it is vital we get it right but I didn't agree with the be careful what you wish for part as we are replacing the person probably most responsible for our current situation.

Absolutely, it is vital we get it right but I didn't agree with the be careful what you wish for part as we are replacing the person probably most responsible for our current situation.
Do we have to keep pointing the finger? Will it change anything? So if thats the case he's also responsible for all those trophy's we've won then isn't he?
THAT is all in the past is what i'm saying. I'm not here to defend PL or the board, I'm trying to point out if we're not careful things could get worse.
All some people thinks is with Lennon and Lawwell gone all will be Rosie in the garden. WELL it might not.

Do we have to keep pointing the finger? Will it change anything? So if thats the case he's also responsible for all those trophy's we've won then isn't he?
THAT is all in the past is what i'm saying. I'm not here to defend PL or the board, I'm trying to point out if we're not careful things could get worse.
All some people thinks is with Lennon and Lawwell gone all will be Rosie in the garden. WELL it might not.
But it isn't all in the past though - it is still going on right now. He still isn't taking any action or communicating with the fans. PL has taken a lot of plaudits for all the trophies we have won and in the meantime been paid £millions. Of course we may be worse off with different people in charge - there is a risk in any appointment.

But it isn't all in the past though - it is still going on right now. He still isn't taking any action or communicating with the fans. PL has taken a lot of plaudits for all the trophies we have won and in the meantime been paid £millions. Of course we may be worse off with different people in charge - there is a risk in any appointment.
My original post seems to be getting lost here. What i'm saying is we have a major rebuilding job to do, on and off the park. Will this new CEO be any good? What do you think his number 1 job will be? Keep the fans happy or make money(or at least save money) for Dermot Desmond? Most of the team we are now watching will be gone in the summer, we dont just need one or two players we need about eight. Plus a new Manager. Wheres the money coming from?

My original post seems to be getting lost here. What i'm saying is we have a major rebuilding job to do, on and off the park. Will this new CEO be any good? What do you think his number 1 job will be? Keep the fans happy or make money(or at least save money) for Dermot Desmond? Most of the team we are now watching will be gone in the summer, we dont just need one or two players we need about eight. Plus a new Manager. Wheres the money coming from?
Fisrt priority of business is to keep your customer base happy without them you have no business.

The way we're going the new(?) Manager will have to be someone with good contacts in the bargain basement side of the game.
We will have a major re-building job to do this summer with so many players sold or for sale plus those walking for nothing at then end of their contracts. It wouldn't surprise me if we try and get another Season out of Broony.
Frimpong, Ntcham, ElHamed (yes/no/maybe) gone. Eddy, Christie, Ajer will all probably go this summer. We don't know if Forrest will recover fully from his injury. We've signed what looks like a lame duck goalkeeper in Barkas, Ajeti will never be prolific,or Klimala.
Moi, Kenny, Duffy (thank fuck) are all on loan and will return to their clubs or be sold by them.
Thats almost the WHOLE first team we will have to replace.

Theres a new CEO arriving too. From Rugby too so he's not used to transfer fees and will have very few contacts in football.
So how much do you think he will be given to play with? £20-£30m, I'd say he will be lucky if he's allowed to spend any profit from the players we sell. Anyone expecting Benitez, Martinez or Molonez are in dreamland, not even in your wildest dreams.
His biggest job will be to find a Manager who will help him refill the empty dressing room for very little cost. It may even be NL.
So when all the board and Lawwell detractors and haters look at what 'might' be waiting for us down the line, remember the age old line...
'be careful what you wish for'.
Idealy wid love a youngish guy a European that likes to work with the youths I no we need to be winning leagues afore anybody starts but a young German/Austrian manager wid buy from they leagues and there some cracking wee players in and around the lesser leagues just needs proper scouting we have alot to offer young players it's a proven route to the PL way a promising manager I think it wid work but it needs ambition and bit a bravery fay the board aswell thats my ideal world anyway 😁

Got to agree with most of what you say. It's absolutely time for Lenny to go, but he's taking an unfair amount of abuse for the massive incompetence of others. As for our period of transition? I fear it could last longer than we realise. Just no getting away from it, there's major investment required.

The customer can be better informed of what the plan for the future is or they may well rethink how much they spend on Celtic of what may be a limited budget. If I remember correctly NL was not a unanimous choice for the fans after securing the trophies abandoned by BR. Many had doubts and saw him as a massive downgrade from an EPL manager. I don't think that changed much and until the newco suffered their slump and beyond those doubts were still around, don't forget how many times they outplayed us last season with NL seemingly unable to change anything. I myself was a reluctant supporter in that I supported him but had a nagging doubt over his ability to improve players. I now cannot support him staying in position. I will of course still support the team but I am not a season ticket holder. We do need a clear out but for that I will also blame the CEO as it should never have come to this. The sooner the decision is made the better and if it is to keep NL let the fans know, we deserve that at least.

It's too easy to say "we need to downsize to survive" or "it could be worse". A balance always has to be struck. If Netflix were to raise their subscription charge to £20 a month whilst gradually removing all their best shows, so that all you were left with to watch are repeats of Escape to the Country, it would be finished as a business in quick time. In broad terms, that's what Lawwell has overseen. That's the direction he's taken us. Despite our huge advantages, he's instead built our business plan around our disadvantages.

It's too easy to say "we need to downsize to survive" or "it could be worse". A balance always has to be struck. If Netflix were to raise their subscription charge to £20 a month whilst gradually removing all their best shows, so that all you were left with to watch are repeats of Escape to the Country, it would be finished as a business in quick time. In broad terms, that's what Lawwell has overseen. That's the direction he's taken us. Despite our huge advantages, he's instead built our business plan around our disadvantages.
But whit if the rivals are showing auld Homes under the hammer? 🤔

It might not at first but I'm pretty confident that we will see better from Celtic , the board , the team , the fans , the club. If the right players are brought in they will adjust without much problems. It's also unfair to judge McKay before hes even taken up the post , I think he'll be a success. We have already seen the club reaching out to the online support through the dugout ( a subsidiary of one football) one football app is a great wee app I use regularly. Weve been crying out for the club to interact with the online hoards and now it seems weve begun that particular venture so not a bad start HH

It didn’t stop him pissing us off fir 5 years though 🤣
What a man, I wish he was in charge now
Is this not what happened, Fergus would do this again.

Fergus McCann: Peter Lawwell is perfect for Parkhead​

By GARETH LAW

28th August 2016, 11:01 pm

Updated: 27th October 2016, 12:34 am

BUY low, sell high.
It’s the way streetwise city traders work — and Fergus McCann reckons it’s the way Celtic’s transfer policy should ALWAYS operate.
The Hoops have sometimes been slammed for not pushing the boat out for marquee signings.
Some of their lower budget buys like Victor Wanyama and Fraser Forster have paid off.
Others gambles like Mo Bangura and Teemu Pukki haven’t.
But with TV deals here being dwarfed by those down south, one-time Hoops saviour McCann believes it’s a better tactic than splashing cash on older players with no resale value.
To him chief executive Peter Lawwell is doing things the right way.
McCann said: “It’s so easy for the club to be criticised as they so often are.
“Why didn’t you hire that player? But hire him and he has to be paid £5million a year.
“What are you going to do about the other players in the team?
“What does it do to the salary set-up? You could buy short-term success at great cost.

Is this not what happened, Fergus would do this again.

Fergus McCann: Peter Lawwell is perfect for Parkhead​

By GARETH LAW

28th August 2016, 11:01 pm

Updated: 27th October 2016, 12:34 am

BUY low, sell high.
It’s the way streetwise city traders work — and Fergus McCann reckons it’s the way Celtic’s transfer policy should ALWAYS operate.
The Hoops have sometimes been slammed for not pushing the boat out for marquee signings.
Some of their lower budget buys like Victor Wanyama and Fraser Forster have paid off.
Others gambles like Mo Bangura and Teemu Pukki haven’t.
But with TV deals here being dwarfed by those down south, one-time Hoops saviour McCann believes it’s a better tactic than splashing cash on older players with no resale value.
To him chief executive Peter Lawwell is doing things the right way.
McCann said: “It’s so easy for the club to be criticised as they so often are.
“Why didn’t you hire that player? But hire him and he has to be paid £5million a year.
“What are you going to do about the other players in the team?
“What does it do to the salary set-up? You could buy short-term success at great cost.
And the bunnet was/is right on all of it, though I'd add that the landscape has changed dramatically and we can afford to push the boat out if the players worth it like eddy. Who will return the outlay and more when he moves on ☘

And the bunnet was/is right on all of it, though I'd add that the landscape has changed dramatically and we can afford to push the boat out if the players worth it like eddy. Who will return the outlay and more when he moves on ☘
I think you nailed it. Buy low, sell high has to be our business model but with the occasional higher price paid for outstanding talents. However, this business model only really works well if the scouting system is set-up to best identify these projects with the most amount of potential and also if the CEO actually employs a coaching/management team who will develop and improve these young prospects by actually having some faith in them and giving them a chance. The current system of buying up so many highly talented but often lightweight midfielders or gambling on foreign players who may not settle or blossom in Scottish football seems to be letting us down more often than being successful these days.

Back