Transfer Rumours

There was a rumour doing the rounds just before Christmas that Mikey Johnston was going to Dundee Utd on loan. That would be a great move for him, get game time, see if he can stay fit to put a run of games together and good for us, if he's a success then he could return and challenge for the first team again.
Of potentially signing any other SPFL players, I'd say Sigriest from DU as back up to Hart (could use Johnston on loan as makeweight in any deal), Ferguson from Aberdeen and Doig from Hibs.

Linked with AZ's Icelandic winger Alfred Gudmundsson

Dutch website Fcupdate reports:
Celtic and Rangers FC would see a desired reinforcement in the Icelandic attacker. The Scottish superpowers would see the AZ player as the ideal summer reinforcement, especially because of its multifunctionality. Gudmundsson can play in several positions, as he showed in Alkmaar. At AZ, the Icelandic international has already played on ten, on the flanks and in the striker.
Gudmundsson exchanged PSV in 2018 for an adventure in Alkmaar. The former youth player of sc Heerenveen was not always an undisputed basic player there, but in recent seasons he has increasingly been part of the basic line-up of the Alkmaarders. Lately, however, he has lost his place, which makes him think aloud about leaving North Holland.
AZ would still like to continue with Gudmundsson. However, the negotiations about a new contract have been stopped by the player himself, he recently told Noordhollands Dagblad . “It’s been quiet for a while. Will we continue talking after the winter break? Maybe. I don’t know at the moment. At least I haven’t locked the door yet.”

Huns manager Giovanni van Bronckhorst has admitted that they may not conduct any transfer business during the January window - but stressed that he does not want to go into the second half of the season with a smaller squad.

He's been telt........yer no getting any new players in January.....but.....we may sell some......

No really surprised at that....they're skint........

Huns manager Giovanni van Bronckhorst has admitted that they may not conduct any transfer business during the January window - but stressed that he does not want to go into the second half of the season with a smaller squad.

He's been telt........yer no getting any new players in January.....but.....we may sell some......

Must have appointed Peter Lawell as the Director of Football. 😉

I read earlier that GVB is keeping tabs on a guy - 18 years old and I think he is Spanish - who has a release clause of £4M and then they can let Arsefield go. Christmas must have brought a special brew of Deludamol!

I also read that 9 of their players are out of contract at the end of the season - so who in their right mind is going to buy them?

I've always liked Mikey but hes running out of time to show he can cut it at Celtic.You see the odd flashes of class here and there but thats not enough.We should get behind the boy instead of slaughtering him every time he plays.
We should be getting behind any 11 wearing the top. Think ange has said he’s nowhere near 100% but has to play him due to injuries
When your trying to find your feet again the last thing you need is a support on your case

Not to sure how Mikey can regain the confidence needed, while it seems to lacking somewhat, and to be able to deal with the pressure and demands of the club, when only still a player very very limited game time still at present?
To much of a juggling act for him at present imo, so maybe a loan away could be the simplest and most productive solution to his current problems at the club
Aye ano I was thinking along the lines of the injuries weve had with wingers might get him game time which could build confidence

There was a rumour doing the rounds just before Christmas that Mikey Johnston was going to Dundee Utd on loan. That would be a great move for him, get game time, see if he can stay fit to put a run of games together and good for us, if he's a success then he could return and challenge for the first team again.
Of potentially signing any other SPFL players, I'd say Sigriest from DU as back up to Hart (could use Johnston on loan as makeweight in any deal), Ferguson from Aberdeen and Doig from Hibs.
Good shout there and think most would agree with Doig , not sure we need seigrist though hes good keeper no doubts but we have some quality youngsters as well I'd like to see olumaweyi ( no sure I spelt that right) and Ferguson would split opinions definitely be a squad player not sure hed be a starter but we are in need of depth hes having a decent season

Good shout there and think most would agree with Doig , not sure we need seigrist though hes good keeper no doubts but we have some quality youngsters as well I'd like to see olumaweyi ( no sure I spelt that right) and Ferguson would split opinions definitely be a squad player not sure hed be a starter but we are in need of depth hes having a decent season
Out with it johnno 😂

Back