Transfer Rumours

Can't help thinking that if these 3 Japanese players including kyogo have to be called up and made available along with Rogic, and add in the potential injuries with the time the players could be out, how this may affect our whole transfer strategy for this window?
Any answers to the particular problem as things stand, as I think getting potential games postponed again due to international call ups will be a no no from the SPFL.
I might be wrong John but I think both Hatate and Maeda have already been included in the Japanese squad for a friendly international on 23rd Jan. I was also thinking along the same lines as yourself. Will be interesting to see what shape we come out in after this window. I'm unsure what the Injury status will be when we resume on the 17th Jan. We could still be without Jullien Forrest Jota Kyogo and Turnbull. If you add in the internationals in Japan and Australia in early Feb we could be way short of key players for a hectic and crucial schedule that could have a major bearing on our ambitions for the 2nd half of the season. Ange still got a big challenge to negotiate and just seems this seasons hurdles continue to present themselves. Would be very frustrating to go into the game against the sevco without all those players including Rogic...but Its a possibility as it stands.

I might be wrong John but I think both Hatate and Maeda have already been included in the Japanese squad for a friendly international on 23rd Jan. I was also thinking along the same lines as yourself. Will be interesting to see what shape we come out in after this window. I'm unsure what the Injury status will be when we resume on the 17th Jan. We could still be without Jullien Forrest Jota Kyogo and Turnbull. If you add in the internationals in Japan and Australia in early Feb we could be way short of key players for a hectic and crucial schedule that could have a major bearing on our ambitions for the 2nd half of the season. Ange still got a big challenge to negotiate and just seems this seasons hurdles continue to present themselves. Would be very frustrating to go into the game against the sevco without all those players including Rogic...but Its a possibility as it stands.
The rules are, if three players or more are called up for international duty, your entitled to ask for a postponement, personally I’d be doing it just to annoy the perma raging Huns, only trouble with it is you further back in the title race, fixture’s backing up, constant sat/wed for weeks, no time to recover for players carrying wee niggles

Looks a good shotstopper, what is the rest of his game like? Hard to see from the clips.
He shouts a lot! I like him because he is effective. If your are old enough to remember Pat Jennings......then you'll have an idea of his style. He is also very decent with his feet, but his main attribute is that he barks instructions to the back line.
He has a number of under-21 international caps.....and if he is still playing in Slovakia next season I will be very surprised!

He shouts a lot! I like him because he is effective. If your are old enough to remember Pat Jennings......then you'll have an idea of his style. He is also very decent with his feet, but his main attribute is that he barks instructions to the back line.
He has a number of under-21 international caps.....and if he is still playing in Slovakia next season I will be very surprised!
If he is that good Prague would he be willing to come to the SPL and play second fiddle to big Joe ?

The rules are, if three players or more are called up for international duty, your entitled to ask for a postponement, personally I’d be doing it just to annoy the perma raging Huns, only trouble with it is you further back in the title race, fixture’s backing up, constant sat/wed for weeks, no time to recover for players carrying wee niggles
I know the rules BB ....I Don't see Ange playing that card. And as you say your entitled to ask but they don't have to grant a postponement. I just hate these internationals they do my nut in for so many reasons...this just being another one.

The biggest problem is the lack of available dates to play the postponed games in. This is the problem with having such a crammed calendar (another benefit of a 16 team top league - this means 8 less midweek games so more space to fit in delayed matches), and this will be made worse if we progress in Europe and the Scottish Cup.

It may well end up us playing a run of e.g. Sat-Mon-Thu-Sun-Tue-Sat fixtures a couple of times to squeeze in our games which is a killer in modern-day football.

Having said that, sevco may ask to postpone their matches too due to them having 3 superstars missing in Africa.

Last edited:
I know the rules BB ....I Don't see Ange playing that card. And as you say your entitled to ask but they don't have to grant a postponement. I just hate these internationals they do my nut in for so many reasons...this just being another one.
What we need to remember M7 is how much Ange hates to play in empty stadiums,
he obviously know,s how much the team want the fans at the game,he also know,s how much sevco dont,,so maybe now it would be appropriate for the Green Brigade to throw their Tennis balls..

HH

The biggest problem is the lack of available dates to play the postponed games in. This is the problem with having such a crammed calendar (another benefit of a 16 team top league - this means 8 less midweek games so more space to fit in delayed matches), and this will be made worse if we progress in Europe and the Scottish Cup.

It may well end up us playing a run of e.g. Sat-Mon-Thu-Sun-Tue-Sat fixtures a couple of times to squeeze in our games which is a killer in modern-day football.

Having said that, sevco may ask to postpone their matches too due to them having 3 superstars missing in Africa.
Still think the easiest solution to any fixture congestion, injuries and covid the way it is BB, is possibly to change and stick with the 3412 formation that we used in the last game.
I know Ange has preferred the 433 and has worked well but it has also left us with very limited options with players available to play with the formation with the lack of depth within the squad.
The most notable has been with Jota out and having to use Monty and Johnson on the left and even josip on the right at times which hasn't been much of a success overall.
Going with the 3412 option imo, allows us to potentially use the depth of the squad in a far better way than we are currently using it.
We can tend to press the panic button when key players are missing in the 433 and the replacements have been fallen well short for our expectations and demands, yet credit still needs to be given for still remaining in this title hunt still.
Jota still remains by far our best wide option on the left with Ralston having to do the job on the right from a deep position also, so without them 2 it has become a slog at times to find that telling ball into the box.
Abada seems to be a better option through the middle than out wide also for us also, plus it gives us potential options regarding the whole Starfelt saga as I think scales could be a great option as the left sided CB in a 3 still.
Just a thought

IMO it,s an option we have and one they dont have.
If they were in the same position I have no doubt they would do everything to disrupt
the season,just like they are doing right now with the SPFL and Cinch these peepul as we know will do anything the need to do to get their own way,this could be an opportunity for us to call the tune
if and when we need to..

HH

If your missing Rogic/Kyogo and potentially 3 signings for a game against that lot, you'd be a fool first and a brave man not to get the game postponed.

The 3 guys that are potentially signing, would be great if transfer window opened and there they are getting introduced together to the masses, well virtually at least.

Oh and another thing the 3rd huns game is on 3/4/22, just before the split.
We now they get the huns games oot the way ASAP after the split so potentially end of April/start of May.

If we get game postponed till March we're facing the prospect of 3 OF games in a couple of months 🚀🤯

we're likely to see Saturday Tuesday Friday Monday Thursday Sunday run of games

wonder what happens though if we get to final of the conference cup 🤯

If your missing Rogic/Kyogo and potentially 3 signings for a game against that lot, you'd be a fool first and a brave man not to get the game postponed.

The 3 guys that are potentially signing, would be great if transfer window opened and there they are getting introduced together to the masses, well virtually at least.

Oh and another thing the 3rd huns game is on 3/4/22, just before the split.
We now they get the huns games oot the way ASAP after the split so potentially end of April/start of May.

If we get game postponed till March we're facing the prospect of 3 OF games in a couple of months 🚀🤯
I fully understand your point Stg and can't disagree either.
But we all know that the dates for any rearrange fixtures were made in order to give the scum a bigger and better advantage against us and quite rightly pointed out that us playing without kyogo and Rogic was a potentially bigger advantage than sticking with the new year date.
But we are celts and will never back down to hun scum EVER.
Hard not to look at the scum Derby game but still a lot of football and things may well happen before the given date yet.
However I would remain confident that we could field a team on that given date as follows
Hart
Starfelt, CCV, scales
Ralston, calmac, Bitton, josip
Jota
GG, Abada
That would still play the scum off the park and hammer the scummy bastards still, with a team that still will have options available

I fully understand your point Stg and can't disagree either.
But we all know that the dates for any rearrange fixtures were made in order to give the scum a bigger and better advantage against us and quite rightly pointed out that us playing without kyogo and Rogic was a potentially bigger advantage than sticking with the new year date.
But we are celts and will never back down to hun scum EVER.
Hard not to look at the scum Derby game but still a lot of football and things may well happen before the given date yet.
However I would remain confident that we could field a team on that given date as follows
Hart
Starfelt, CCV, scales
Ralston, calmac, Bitton, josip
Jota
GG, Abada
That would still play the scum off the park and hammer the scummy bastards still, with a team that still will have options available
While i agree Johnno, we naturally think we'll pump them whenever we play
reality tells us thats not the case

when your 6 points behind, you need to give yourself the best possible chance

Still say our record has been so poor against them with a lack of tactical awareness more so, and last season we had to operate with over half a team that couldn't give 2 hoots about the game.
Even the 1st game this season, we had to operate with a scratch new team with Christie and eddy knowing they were out of the door the very next day.
The goals the scum have scored mainly as I have seen, have come from crosses into our area where our lack of height has caused us more problems than it should have done, but there strength against our weekness as such.
Address that issue, then I still don't see to much to worry about.
We haven't played them with 2 players through the centre yet and eddy seemed to have given up on that match a very long time ago.
I will still claim we are by far a better all round football team now, to the degree of one they haven't faced in a very long time now.
Will never be running scared of any hun bastards and with Ange at the helm now, I can't ever see him putting out a team with a attitude that has been missing for to long now against such a shower of shit

With our best 11 id be very confident ..but without players like Kyogo ,Jota and Rogic that confidence goes right out the window.We've improved big style under Ange but so have they since Gerrard jumped ship.I think our styles better to watch but theres not a huge gap between the two sides but there fuckin should be.

With our best 11 id be very confident ..but without players like Kyogo ,Jota and Rogic that confidence goes right out the window.We've improved big style under Ange but so have they since Gerrard jumped ship.I think our styles better to watch but theres not a huge gap between the two sides but there fuckin should be.
I think Jota should hopefully be recovered from injury, so hopefully available again.
The form of Rogic and Kyogo would be a huge loss to any team but by the looks of things then many seem to be in favour of getting the game cancelled with making unavailable players the main reason.
I can understand that, but still would be in favour of playing the game as I still have a very strong belief in this squad of players to be able to deliver, no matter what the circumstances are against us.

It looks like we are heading into fairies at the bottom of the garden season.
Anybody who wants to listen to the Roald Dahl of the Southside pull up a chair and listen
to the history of sevco,a name not familiar with a lot of people but some peepul believe there is 150 years of history associated with this name,none more so than their previous South African chairman who now has 84m shares but still only owns 16% of this footbal club.
This would entitle anybody to believe sevco were a wealthy football club but are in fact once again on skid row as they have been in the past..
We will shortly hear a cry for volunteer bucket rattlers or maybe even another share issue proposal sent to the inbox of the loyal sevco followers hoping to keep the lights on for another few weeks..

HH

It looks like we are heading into fairies at the bottom of the garden season.
Anybody who wants to listen to the Roald Dahl of the Southside pull up a chair and listen
to the history of sevco,a name not familiar with a lot of people but some peepul believe there is 150 years of history associated with this name,none more so than their previous South African chairman who now has 84m shares but still only owns 16% of this footbal club.
This would entitle anybody to believe sevco were a wealthy football club but are in fact once again on skid row as they have been in the past..
We will shortly hear a cry for volunteer bucket rattlers or maybe even another share issue proposal sent to the inbox of the loyal sevco followers hoping to keep the lights on for another few weeks..

HH
Long ago given up on a thick hun bastards who has been living cuckoo land with the brain of a rocking horse, but at least the rocking horse can serve a purpose, yet the thick hun fuck, well????????
Never and can't do reality yet trying to promote the EBT cheating years, dopey bastards.
So can the scum do reality and deal with the current situation, sell to try and keep the lights on and wages paid or stick and hope they win the title again?
Of course that decision will depend upon the amount of dirt money taken from the North of Ireland still with the DUP actually having to make the decisions for the scum still.

Back