Transfer Rumours

Well said 50 remember the noise it made when he hit the post they don’t operate for nothing. He did us proud when he put the hoops on.
Cheers Hope all goes well at the new club
YNWA

HH CJ
He's never been skelped wi a mitre size 5 and rubbed the pain away wi the red ash

Thought he was ok but taking the huff and running to the press because he can't get a game kinda wipes out the memories of all the good things he done

he claimed he was gonna fight for his place ,,,,,,,,didn't put up much of a fight tho

He's never been skelped wi a mitre size 5 and rubbed the pain away wi the red ash

Thought he was ok but taking the huff and running to the press because he can't get a game kinda wipes out the memories of all the good things he done

he claimed he was gonna fight for his place ,,,,,,,,didn't put up much of a fight tho
Well the French aren't known for their fighting spirit lol

Never rated the big fella that highly ..a danger in the oppositions box but not great in defending his own .I think we paid over the odds for him but good luck in Germany .
I tend to rate players on a value for money basis, by putting the value paid for them, add in the wages and divide by the length of contract.
So Jules came at a cost of around 2.8M per season, (CCV around the 3.5M mark) which looked like a great investment for us in his 1st season imo, and what he bought to the team.
Back injury then followed by a potential career ending injury, possibly left the insurance company picking up a hefty wage bill more so than ourselves, I would guess.
The deal struck now is quite clever by the board especially as no one still knows what potential value Jules might have these days, and with a player looking for his last chance to actually gain another contract of any worth to himself, yet we haven't totally closed the door upon him just yet, even if it remains a long shot to ever see him in the hoops again.
Will never forget the winner scored against the scum in that final, was worth the money for that alone imo.

Last edited:
I tend to rate players on a value for money basis, by putting the value paid for them, add in the wages and divide by the length of contract.
So Jules came at a cost of around 2.8M per season, (CCV around the 3.5M mark) which looked like a great investment for us in his 1st season imo, and what he bought to the team.
Back injury then followed by a potential career ending injury, possibly left the insurance company picking up a hefty wage bill more so than ourselves, I would guess.
The deal struck now is quite clever by the board especially as no one still knows what potential value Jules might have these days, and with a player looking for his last chance to actually gain another contract of any worth to himself, yet we haven't totally closed the door upon him just yet, even if it remains a long shot to ever see him in the hoops again.
Will never forget the winner scored against the scum in that final, was worth the money for that alone imo.
A back injury inflicted by Duffy, no less - did he do anything good for us when here? Jullien never really fully recovered from that injury before that horrific knee injury. I'm not sure how much of his recent moaning was real and how much was shit-stirring but he is old enough to know how it would be used. I wish him well and no ill feelings - I'd prefer to focus on our current squad.

He will definitely need replaced as it only leaves Welsh as a back-up CB with any real experience now we don't have the option of Scales or Bitton any more.

Last edited:
I'm a little disappointed with this development on jules.
Not too long ago his timing bemoaning lack of game time was unfortunate but players want to play , I can forgive him for that lapse.
Afterwards though he came out and said that he wanted to stay and fight for his place.
I admired that as hed done well for us and could score .
I have a feeling that this is Ange choosing to let him go given his wage bill and perhaps Ange has told him that he would be used for cover of CCV and for jules at his age , he will want game time.
Never the finished article but progressing nicely at CP he was big jules ' a fans favourite ' and loving his time here.
I'm sure many will point to the £7 million price tag as overly expensive, but he was just what we needed at that time, and showed up usually in the big games.
Since some of our best ever signings have come in for pennies compared with others so I dont judge players on their market value as i once did.
If the club can afford it , I'll judge them on their abilities on the park.
As long as we're run properly unlike old firm f.c and arent bankrupting the club.
Celtic are paying regularly upwards of £6 million these past few seasons and I think it's a matter of when not if we break the £10 million mark for a players signature, especially when we are also selling players in the £20 million plus bracket.
Hardly a backwards step for jules as Schalke has one of Europe's biggest average fan bases and he will have left us for a big 5 league club, no doubt his ambition when he joined.
Unfortunately Schalke arent flush with cash right now so should they exercise their option to buy it's not going to be much £2.5 million if that but it's an extra , best part of a million bucks in players wages for Ange to redeploy on his targets.
Will always remember big jules with joyful memories of that last minute winner Vs lazio and his shirt shredding celebration when he scored.
Good luck big man and Celtic have shown again that even if you cant get into the starting XI, Celtic are a good career path choice with yet another player moving onto the big 5 leagues and fulfilling their personal ambition. We have proven time and again our bhoys can play at those levels HH

Last edited:
Please send me this magic sponge or the address of where ti get one I’ve got a skelf in ma finnger

HH 🧽
I cut the fuckers out with a stanley knife, I've been known to offer this service to apprentices, gives me the chance to repay them for the pain they cause me.
Had a wee tit a couple of years ago who got a spinter in his eye, he was squealing like fuck even though it was entirely his own fault, he soon shut up when I produced the stanley knife.

I cut the fuckers out with a stanley knife, I've been known to offer this service to apprentices, gives me the chance to repay them for the pain they cause me.
Had a wee tit a couple of years ago who got a spinter in his eye, he was squealing like fuck even though it was entirely his own fault, he soon shut up when I produced the stanley knife.
Sounds worse than it is, Stanley knife is always ma preferred way of getting a skelf oot, always keep a wee pair o tweezers in the van tae grab it wi, ye huf tae get it oot by 4.30 pm our ye get done fur stealing wid 🤣🤣

Didn't realise that StevieBhoy, still say Ange wanted him out quickly more so than to try and cash him in slowly and waiting on a suitable offer to come in, which could be a long time in waiting.
Still great strides have already been made in reducing the wage bill with the mess Ange inherited and if we can offload boli, ajeti and soro soon then that mess is tidied up nicely and quickly also.
Still would leave plenty of room to invest and pay wages to players that are actually worth something to the club.
Much better outlook already to the club still this summer, even if there is still work still to be done yet, but certainly heading in a much better way with far more depth of quality in the door already at this stage of a summer transfer window, the likes of which we have waited upon for many a long year for.
Spot on pal👍

No new signings ,the manger wanted them made before pre season started a get the feeling the club have went back to the old days of seeing the window out till the end and buying in projects

next few days will be telling

Back