Transfer Rumours

We have to sign Champions League contenders, not has beens or never weres. Look this is a whole different step up. If were going to sign a 'mature' player, lets get one whos been there done that. Or, a potential one thats up and coming, like Jota.
This is a fantastic opportunity we are offering the players. Its the biggest stage in Wurld football.
Its THE golden ticket. For us as well as them, The potential for us to make vast profits and sell on fees is why we have to maximise this group stage entry this year, Its massive., so you have to ask yourself, what is the potential sell on value of Mooy? Not much I say.
Sorry brim but have to disagree.
Not every player we bring into the club needs to have a sell on value.
One thing we have lacked badly, even during our so successful period, was there wasn't much of a stability feel surrounding the club, with every asset for the club in playing terms was also deemed as a sellable asset also.
We won't ever change that outlook anytime soon, especially with the riches that are on offer elsewhere, but we have already taken huge steps to combat it, if and when it should come around.
We have for way to long never really gained much if any stability in the keeper position, when we did, we got a dud, now we have the position taken care of for possibly 5 plus seasons now.
The playmaker role calmac operates in currently is so pivotal to the way Ange wants to play and also looks like that won't be changing any time soon either.
So potentially getting in a player like Mooy could take care of another huge position within the team for hopefully at least 3 plus seasons.
The jap imports are usually very loyal so hopefully they won't want to move on elsewhere, and already a potential convayer belt in place for any future japanese talent that we might be interested in.
Of course players will still move on, but already with potentially huge transfer fees for them in the future, yet we would be in a far better position to deal with such a situation should it arise, than I can ever recall.
Ange said he wanted to build something very special for the club, I believe him totally at present and all potentially been done with stability and direction in place also, and all that with the amount of quality bought in already.

For a relatively young player still who has produced fuck all for 3 seasons now and certainly not in Ange's plans for the coming season, then questions need to be asked as to what ajeti is all about now?
Already gained himself a tag as a waster at present and with what looks like a shite attitude to match his all round play also.
Has he got any ambition within him to prove he has anything to offer within his career still?
All the time he wants to stay put, picking up a wage for fuck all, then well on his way to becoming the biggest waste of money spent on a misfit that I can recall, if not already

Aye!

He's Scheidt!...

We have to sign Champions League contenders, not has beens or never weres. Look this is a whole different step up. If were going to sign a 'mature' player, lets get one whos been there done that. Or, a potential one thats up and coming, like Jota.
This is a fantastic opportunity we are offering the players. Its the biggest stage in Wurld football.
Its THE golden ticket. For us as well as them, The potential for us to make vast profits and sell on fees is why we have to maximise this group stage entry this year, Its massive., so you have to ask yourself, what is the potential sell on value of Mooy? Not much I say.
It does have a 'Roger Moore replacing Sean Connery' feel about it, but in every team I'd want to see a good mix of youth and more mature experience. Clearly Mooy won't be a long-term solution, but Lubo was a good example of a player who still had a 'great engine' well into his thirties. Mooy won't have any real re-sale value......but it looks like he won't be demanding a pile of gold if his motivation is to return to his missus in Glasgow.

Yup..searches NOT sales. That’s the unbelievable bit. These hun rags are getting desperate to print anything that seems to put them ahead of us. If the editor there thinks this is even worth mentioning then I think the Express needs a new editor.
Validation uh hu validation uh hu validationnnn is what u need..
If u support a club thats deid, wi fans that canny read..uh hu validation is what u neeeeeeed…

Seen a lot of Mooy at Huddersfield a few years ago when I was working down there. Very good deep lying midfielder who dictated tempo of play and excellent set piece delivery.
Not seen him last couple of years so his age (32 in September) would be a concern but a very Ange type of player.
We ain't signing a defensive midfielder similar to Wanyama, our style of play doesn't require one. McGregor is the archetypal Ange deep lying midfielder, we need someone similar and he obviously sees Mooy as someone who can do that as well as playing further forward when required.
I always wanted us to sign him when Rogic was here.

Had a laugh at them signing Davies for 4mill which could rise to 10mill if that's true ( which I doubt)then Liverpool have well and truly rinsed them again. Seems these days any deal they do has millions of add one to take the price up by another 5or6 mill

I've never heard of this Aaron Mooy chap!
Is he any good? What type of player is he?

He certainly has a lot of vowels in his name so surely that's good?
Yip, Mooy is (was?) a very good player. Hard working and loves to drive forward, so although a deeper lying midfielder who likes to get in about to break up play he isn't a defensive midfielder like Broony/Lennon/Lambert. I haven't seen him for the last couple of years since he went to China but they used to rave about him every week on Match of the Day when he was in the EPL. He agreed to cancel his contract with his China club so is a free agent who wants to get nearer to his family.

Ange knows him well from the national team and he is potentially a very low risk/high reward signing.

Just one more piece needed. A reliable central defender and we are well there then. And its not even the end of July yet.
Smashing work and great credit to all involved. The footballing side of the club is now being prioritised. Some change from the old regime.🍀 💚

Yip, Mooy is (was?) a very good player. Hard working and loves to drive forward, so although a deeper lying midfielder who likes to get in about to break up play he isn't a defensive midfielder like Broony/Lennon/Lambert. I haven't seen him for the last couple of years since he went to China but they used to rave about him every week on Match of the Day when he was in the EPL. He agreed to cancel his contract with his China club so is a free agent who wants to get nearer to his family.

Ange knows him well from the national team and he is potentially a very low risk/high reward signing.
Bit surprised at the 1 year contract with the option of another year as being reported BB.
For a 32 year old player I would have thought he would have wanted a longer one than that as such.
Suppose will have to look at it as he really wants to join the club, as possibly would have got better offers elsewhere.

Just one more piece needed. A reliable central defender and we are well there then. And its not even the end of July yet.
Smashing work and great credit to all involved. The footballing side of the club is now being prioritised. Some change from the old regime.🍀 💚
And still all done to date with high stability throughout the squad with possibly the most valuable squad I can ever recall also.
Amazing what can be done when a board actually wants to run our club as a proper football club nowadays, taken them long enough to do so also.

And still all done to date with high stability throughout the squad with possibly the most valuable squad I can ever recall also.
Amazing what can be done when a board actually wants to run our club as a proper football club nowadays, taken them long enough to do so also.
Summed it up perfectly, John. And I am not even going to mention who is gone ans hence the change of direction !🕺🕺

Last edited:
Summed it up perfectly, John. And I am not even going to mention who is gone ans hence the change of direction !🕺🕺
In defence of the traitor PL maybe he could have been right with his vision all along with the best longer term for the club.
In principle, we were in a position of strength like we are currently, years ago, especially under BR.
We could and should have imo, killed the scum off once and for all in principle.
Yet the decision was taken to let the scum try and catch up with us, but we are kicking on yet again and let the scum suffer as long as possible until they become irrelevant, which may well have been the better decision to have taken.
Winning the 10iar would have been brilliant, but also doubt that we would have been in such a powerful position we are currently at present, with still room to become even stronger still and with a manager very capable of keeping it all intact also imo.

lennon n lawwell were after him ,,,,ange had nowt to do with it
Aye, Ange ( I read) had a look and said nah not for us.
He'll likely be a decent enough player for them in the spfl but for the standard of player Ange is looking to bring to CP hes not at it.
If he was then Celtic would have made a bid for him and we havent made any bid for him, = sevco beat us to his signature.
Liverpool must be pissing themselves laughing having more than doubled the cash they spent on a player who never got a look in.

His relationship with Ange will see him giving his all.
He is more than capable of breaking play up sitting that bit deeper but also the added bonus of attacking and scoring goals. A really good team player who gives us Ange's version of a DM as I don't think he sees it as an individual role in the team but more of a collective whether we agree or not.
I think if it happens it will be good short term business. I think his main reason for leaving China was covid disruption.
Nothing to lose here imo could be a really good much needed experienced alternative.

Members online

Latest posts

Back