Transfer Rumours

Believe that the 2.5M transfer fee was a bigger problem, and not surprised either
Have been looking at the wage bill or trying to at least as so many sources giving different answers one has Barkas at 9kpwk another10.5kpwk but both of those are nonsense as I've read a few times hes on closer to 20kpwk along with Ajeti whose on similar money. How Barkas can expect more or close to that is beyond me hes done nothing to show hes worth that for us anyway and that's all that matters. Ajeti is different , not saying we should keep him on close to 20grand a week but can't make the bench I do think hes been unlucky with injuries something Barkas cannot claim

Have been looking at the wage bill or trying to at least as so many sources giving different answers one has Barkas at 9kpwk another10.5kpwk but both of those are nonsense as I've read a few times hes on closer to 20kpwk along with Ajeti whose on similar money. How Barkas can expect more or close to that is beyond me hes done nothing to show hes worth that for us anyway and that's all that matters. Ajeti is different , not saying we should keep him on close to 20grand a week but can't make the bench I do think hes been unlucky with injuries something Barkas cannot claim
For the transfer fee we paid and the wages, Barkas has to be our worst signing since Scheidt. He's been an absolute cluster fuck there's no chance of recouping what we spunked on him and if he's happy to sit on his useless arse and collect the wage we donate to him there's not much we can do about it which is Scheidt, I mean shite.

Neither is worth a cracker.

For the transfer fee we paid and the wages, Barkas has to be our worst signing since Scheidt. He's been an absolute cluster fuck there's no chance of recouping what we spunked on him and if he's happy to sit on his useless arse and collect the wage we donate to him there's not much we can do about it which is Scheidt, I mean shite.
Go Compare

Must be time for someone to start the Barkas Appreciation Thread 🙄
it'll never CATCH on... boom

I mind years ago we took my Canadian cousin to do the tour of Paradise.
On the way to CP via taxi, after being questioned by the driver about accent, he convinced the driver he was a trialist over for a trial, keep it to yourself he says to him :)
Hope that wisnae you 50 :rolleyes:

But while going into Parkhead he's like nice Hummer in the carpark, so we go over for a look, next minute the owner is on the scene, Magnus Hedman, my dad says to him, 'would you mind taking a picture Magnus', he's say's 'yes sure anything for the fans', my dad hands him the camera, 'you hit this button here 'magnus' whne your ready ...... he took the pic :)

it'll never CATCH on... boom

I mind years ago we took my Canadian cousin to do the tour of Paradise.
On the way to CP via taxi, after being questioned by the driver about accent, he convinced the driver he was a trialist over for a trial, keep it to yourself he says to him :)
Hope that wisnae you 50 :rolleyes:

But while going into Parkhead he's like nice Hummer in the carpark, so we go over for a look, next minute the owner is on the scene, Magnus Hedman, my dad says to him, 'would you mind taking a picture Magnus', he's say's 'yes sure anything for the fans', my dad hands him the camera, 'you hit this button here 'magnus' whne your ready ...... he took the pic :)
Thank fuck it wasn't Barkas, if you'd handed him a camera it's guaranteed he'd drop it.

he clearly was a lawwell signing or a lawwell appointments signing

Take this last year, we lost the two main recruitment guys, congerton then hammond

Age comes in, brings no cunt with him, uses the guys in situ, and clearly Ange has bought into their recommendations

copy and paste job to expand below

In reality only the Japanese signings likely started at source with Ange
The rest look to the naked eye like players that the club has followed over time and ange has watched them and bought into them

Take this last year, we lost the two main recruitment guys, congerton then hammond

Age comes in, brings no cunt with him, uses the guys in situ, and clearly Ange has bought into their recommendations

The rest look to the naked eye like players that the club has followed over time and ange has watched them and bought into them

£4.5m for Starfish 🙄

Sorry I meant to say £4.5m for Starfish - bargain!

If McCarty was 'free' could we not give him away 'free' to somebody (anybody) else? Take Starfelt with him, unless he's needed for his 'appreciation' thread.

Thank fuck it wasn't Barkas, if you'd handed him a camera it's guaranteed he'd drop it.
my cousin did pipe up
uncle H, you sure you trust him to hold the camera
magnus was cool, but highlight of the day was meeting John Robertson in cafe, before my time but my dad was WOW, this guy was class and clearly a favourite of my dads
i remember saying i'm going to try find a place to get out for a smoke, Robbo's like good idea, i'll come with you, leads me down the stand stairs to the running track, here will do eh :)

C'mon big man, your in sunny Portugal and your giving it McCarthyism again.
Maybe you need to get on the Methdone with Docco

McCarthy was one of them, pedigree and track record, but injury prone
it may be/hopefully a pay as you play deal
he may come good in time
Feeling sunny today STG... it was 19 degrees today and only getting better in the next 10 days.

£4.5m for Starfish 🙄

Sorry I meant to say £4.5m for Starfish - bargain!
Ok, i get it, Celtic defender makes mistakes, gets dogs abuse

Need i remind people of a season when we had a certain VVD and Jason Denayer in defence
Combined transfer value 1 season later was lets say 13.5 million and 14 million
They didn't perform defensively any better than Starfelt IMO

All defenders make mistakes and part of fitba is conceding goals

If its the case based on goals, the Rangers back 4 of last year are the best defenders we've ever seen, but they're not, far from it, they wouldn't get in your top SPFL team

Is Ajer a better defender than Starfelt, debateable, going forward a rolls royce, but defensivelyhmmmm

Starfelts a 4.5 million defender, you get what you pay for.

I also think that his role in the team makes CCV look better.
CCV gets the slower forwards to mark and when your as wide as you are tall, you only have to win the duels. Starfelt gets the tricky fuckers with pace and sometimes they get joy against him which is the nature of fitba. As a pacy striker, you can lose 8 out of 10 duels, its the 2 that make you

The problem is there are two types of players who join Celtic . There are the ones who see us as a stepping stone to greater riches and the ones who feel they have reached the pinnacle of their earning potential and have put the tools in the shed and watch their bank balance rise and see their contracts out. It is very hard to move the latter on as any potential buyer looks at recent form and are instantly put off. Take Soro for example, I would imagine he is on 10 grand a week minimum, which over a four year contract is £2 million. Beer money to Hoopy and STG but a fortune to us common people
Not many these days who don't see us as an entry to the EPL I'd say 90 % do . Even those who dont could anyone honestly blame calmac for wanting to test and successfully prove himself down there again? I couldnt , I could if the difference was 20kpwk for players that have been on that kind of money for so long it's not that much when over the past say 4years you've earned multiples of millions of pounds worth a money( sounds and reads insane when look at that lol) if stuart Armstrong Is worth north of 50/60kpwk calmac is easily a 100kpwk player. Just get me a fn contract I'll do it for nothing for Celtic and slip in 30kpwk cos im a supporter 💚😎

Back