Transfer Rumours

If a team offers you a massive price and a wage you cant match, its better to let the player leave even if they dont mind staying on lower wage.

motivation and form often need change of scene to improve especially if lots of money involved

had he stayed and lost his mojo then regret can still happen

25milllion and trebled wages maybe more could not be matched here, player must move on imo

the snake was different case on so many levels

no comparable to kt

club got good deal and kt got better league to try and improve more.

technically club got good deal with snake but he was negative rat who destroyed more value than he created after the dust settled

kt done nothing but bring good things to club he loved

rat did not

Morning Celts, here's a full list of the players released by us. I think it could have something to do with the new rule coming in on the 1st July reducing the amount of loan players you are allowed.

Edit, having said that none of these players are on loans so who knows!

Morning Celts, here's a full list of the players released by us. I think it could have something to do with the new rule coming in on the 1st July reducing the amount of loan players you are allowed.

Edit, having said that none of these players are on loans so who knows!
Always sad when young players get released, but Celtic is a big club that needs big players, only exceptional talent will come through the ranks, the demands of winning every game are huge…..
Best of luck to the youngsters hope you find your way back here as a 1st team starter

Put the B teams in The Championship or Div 1, no promotion/relegation for them also bring in much needed revenue to the Championship. Win, win Young players getting tested weekly, instead of the Lowland League it's pure 💩

Look no further than David Murray for a lot that is wrong with the current youth set up …..he was the main reason the old reserve league got torpedoed…..there’s usually a Hun behind all that’s wrong with Scottish Football…

That's 11 players to date leaving the club.

Nir Bitton, Tom Rogic, Luca Connell, Ryan Mullen, Kerr McInroy, Ross Doohan, Jonathon Afolabi, Barry Coffey, Karamoko Dembele, Brody Paterson, Ewan Henderson

Would expect Vassals Barkas, Christopher Jullien, Boli Bolingoli, Ismael Soro, Albian Ajeti and Mikey Johnston to follow

That's 11 players to date leaving the club.

Nir Bitton, Tom Rogic, Luca Connell, Ryan Mullen, Kerr McInroy, Ross Doohan, Jonathon Afolabi, Barry Coffey, Karamoko Dembele, Brody Paterson, Ewan Henderson

Would expect Vassals Barkas, Christopher Jullien, Boli Bolingoli, Ismael Soro, Albian Ajeti and Mikey Johnston to follow
I wouldn't miss Barkas, Bolingoli, Soro or Ajeti. I'd quite like to see Mikey go out on loan for a season, maybe without the pressure of playing for Celtic he'll find his confidence/form?

Jullien is a difficult one, one of the most expensive players we've ever bought, given that he's been seriously injured for more than a year and hasn't played for about 18 months I can't see us recouping much of the money we spent on him. I'm still surprised Ange didn't give him some time in the team nearer the end of the season, maybe he really doesn't fancy him at all.

I wouldn't miss Barkas, Bolingoli, Soro or Ajeti. I'd quite like to see Mikey go out on loan for a season, maybe without the pressure of playing for Celtic he'll find his confidence/form?

Jullien is a difficult one, one of the most expensive players we've ever bought, given that he's been seriously injured for more than a year and hasn't played for about 18 months I can't see us recouping much of the money we spent on him. I'm still surprised Ange didn't give him some time in the team nearer the end of the season, maybe he really doesn't fancy him at all.
Reading between the lines jullien has a typical French attitude problem, ange has told him to feck off, you’d have thought he’d have gotten some game time last few games……obviously a big riff there, but there will only be one winner…..sling yir hook mate

Reading between the lines jullien has a typical French attitude problem, ange has told him to feck off, you’d have thought he’d have gotten some game time last few games……obviously a big riff there, but there will only be one winner…..sling yir hook mate
Remember he appeared on the bench a few months ago (was it a hun game?) And we all expected him to get a run out then poof! he vanished never to be seen again, get the feeling you could be right and he's pissed the big man off somewhere along the line.

Nae offence but this is always known as "the silly season " ..Getting linked with anyone and everyone. Ah genuinely hope Ange has the last word on on anybody..Geezus what he's brought so far ain't to bad.
Very true GS, but 1st report I've read claiming that a signing is in the making, where most up to know has been us linking ourselves with players.
Anyway won't be making anything out of it until its officially announced like with any signings we make, but surely allowed a bit of optomism during the silly season still 😜

There is talk about us close to signing 19 year old attacking midfielder Christopher Scott from Bryan Munich at present
Hard to get excited about a youngster that didn’t make the grade at BM for a 1/4 million
The Ghanaian born Scott has made two appearances for Bayern first team — those coming two seasons ago before being frozen out.
Hope our scouts know what their doing, but he hasn’t set the heather alight, at least the Japanese guys were all 1st team starters in their league

Hard to get excited about a youngster that didn’t make the grade at BM for a 1/4 million
The Ghanaian born Scott has made two appearances for Bayern first team — those coming two seasons ago before being frozen out.
Hope our scouts know what their doing, but he hasn’t set the heather alight, at least the Japanese guys were all 1st team starters in their league
Agreed BB, it's a strange one to understand, given that it's even true in the first place.
Think his name was mentioned a few months back but nothing came about then either.
So just say that if there is any truth in this potential signing, then he would only really be interested in joining us if he was going to be part of the 1st team squad imo.
A potential biggish gamble on someone young without any real 1st team experience as such.
A potential replacement for rogic?
Must seem as a better prospect than so many of the youngsters we have just let go also, in Ange's eyes, so wouldn't really question it, if true of course.
Just have to wait and see, but nothing to get to excited about at this stage imo.

Back