Transfer Rumours

I think Julia shows the wrong kind of confidence for Ange. Ange wants a team and Julie displays and talks only about Julia. As he is attracting as many bids as El gordito Julia now wants to drag things out until January., whilst earning another cool half a million quid whilst waiting to sign a pre-contract with attendant signing bonus. or maybe he's now got the same kind of religion that Eddy and Ntchump had and wants to fight for his place (not to be 'sold' until pre contract time in January).

For the same reason I don't think we will sign the Brasilian Sousa, nor will we be dictated to by Lanus on price.
VictorVictoriaBroadway.jpg

Julia/Julie and throw in Islam; perhaps.
Is this you?
b6755f432d7c9441529b9bcd950e9621.jpg

Nah maybe you explain why you would choose to apparently refer to a current Celtic player using 2 women's names whilst also alluding to religious connections with previous Celtic players who were also French people of colour. Call me Rainman but fee fi fo fucking hun hi.
Fuck off twat. I dont need to explain anything to you. If you dont like my posts don't read them. That is what the ignore button is for.

Nah maybe you explain why you would choose to apparently refer to a current Celtic player using 2 women's names whilst also alluding to religious connections with previous Celtic players who were also French people of colour. Call me Rainman but fee fi fo fucking hun hi.

Vigo has often questioned the cultural mindset of French players when it comes to engagement and desire. However, I have never sensed any racial element in his comments.
I haven't read everything he has written, but I'd be surprised if intended anything of that nature.

Last edited:
Vigo has often questioned the cultutal mindset of French players when it comes to engagement and desire. However, I have never sensed any racial element in his comments.
I haven't read everything he has written, but I'd be surprised if intended anything of that nature.
Thank you PB. Succinctly put, and appreciated. Seems as though common patterns and tendencies are not seen by all. Just my opinion. this guy seemed to be focussed on me rather than the content proffered in my post.

Last edited:
Any word in the Portuguese press about midfielder Alfa Semedo possibly coming to us? Is he any good?

I suspect this will be one of many players linked to us by agents/media to get publicity or garner clicks to their website, but thought I'd ask seeing as we have sources in-country.
For my part BB, I don't read Portuguese well enough to follow the press and am also kind of busy trying to finalise a project here so don't have a lot of spare time. Maybe Docco could shed some light. My first impression was that if Guimaraes were prepared to sell him after just one season there could be a problem hiding somewhere.

I think Julia shows the wrong kind of confidence for Ange. Ange wants a team and Julie displays and talks only about Julia. As he is attracting as many bids as El gordito Julia now wants to drag things out until January., whilst earning another cool half a million quid whilst waiting to sign a pre-contract with attendant signing bonus. or maybe he's now got the same kind of religion that Eddy and Ntchump had and wants to fight for his place (not to be 'sold' until pre contract time in January).

For the same reason I don't think we will sign the Brasilian Sousa, nor will we be dictated to by Lanus on price.
I know well your total dislike of Jules and starfelt, to the level that you do, I still don't understand, especially imo it remains unwarranted.
Anyway back to your original post regarding Jules and his future with the club, and you may well be right about your opinion about the future of Jules.
However, I am glad to hear he's prepared to fight for a position within the team, as if we can get him back to where he was before the injury then that offers us a whole new option of playing for certain games next season.
Pre season should give us a better idea of where Jules is at with the recovery and pace possibly remaining the biggest unanswered question still.
The only criticism I would have upon the 433 used by Ange last season, was in a few games we looked like a man short in midfield especially when we tend to use attack minded midfielders to the degree that we do still.
Opting for the like for like subs is OK for better energy within the team, but it didn't change any tactical approach towards the game as such.
We are going now into an age where the 5 sub rule looks like staying in place now, which means a team can totally change formation now, if a tactical change is required depending upon how a game is going.
With all that in mind and especially with CL football, where we won't be dominating possession in the manner that we do within the SPFL, then Ange may well think that going for the 3CB option could be a possibility and still keeping his attacking and high press intact also, as well as better support for calmac in the centre of the park when working without the ball, than it is at present.
So if a 3CB option is in Ange's plans for next season then Jules remains as our best option to actually try it, with Jules in the central role, as still haven't got anyone I would feel comfortable with to play the central role of a 3CB option, but would also depend upon the pace of Jules at present.
Sorry for the long post but only trying to make my opinion clear as to not getting drawn into petty arguments about players especially when we haven't got a clue still about what plans Ange has got for the team heading forward and if Jules remains part of them plans then I certainly haven't any issues regarding that.

I know well your total dislike of Jules and starfelt, to the level that you do, I still don't understand, especially imo it remains unwarranted.
Anyway back to your original post regarding Jules and his future with the club, and you may well be right about your opinion about the future of Jules.
However, I am glad to hear he's prepared to fight for a position within the team, as if we can get him back to where he was before the injury then that offers us a whole new option of playing for certain games next season.
Pre season should give us a better idea of where Jules is at with the recovery and pace possibly remaining the biggest unanswered question still.
The only criticism I would have upon the 433 used by Ange last season, was in a few games we looked like a man short in midfield especially when we tend to use attack minded midfielders to the degree that we do still.
Opting for the like for like subs is OK for better energy within the team, but it didn't change any tactical approach towards the game as such.
We are going now into an age where the 5 sub rule looks like staying in place now, which means a team can totally change formation now, if a tactical change is required depending upon how a game is going.
With all that in mind and especially with CL football, where we won't be dominating possession in the manner that we do within the SPFL, then Ange may well think that going for the 3CB option could be a possibility and still keeping his attacking and high press intact also, as well as better support for calmac in the centre of the park when working without the ball, than it is at present.
So if a 3CB option is in Ange's plans for next season then Jules remains as our best option to actually try it, with Jules in the central role, as still haven't got anyone I would feel comfortable with to play the central role of a 3CB option, but would also depend upon the pace of Jules at present.
Sorry for the long post but only trying to make my opinion clear as to not getting drawn into petty arguments about players especially when we haven't got a clue still about what plans Ange has got for the team heading forward and if Jules remains part of them plans then I certainly haven't any issues regarding that.
Agree with much of what you have said Johnno. My point was that my cynicism only extends to me thinking that because there is little or no interest in Julia that she NOW wants to fight for her place at Celtic. Forgive my cynicism once more when I voice the opinion that if he can work his ticket between now and January there may be pre contract offerings which will only add more to his already swelling bank account. Having not kicked a ball for a year and a half he has made a cool 1.5 million quid so far for doing nothing and if he can stretch it for another six months it will be a cool 2 million for getting an ACL. Be interesting to see if he can actually show the work to elevate himself to a beyond that of Starfelt. How difficult could that be for christ's sake. It will be interesting to watch. Maybe I'm just a cynical bugger but I have a funny feeling.

As for my xenophobia.... Last time I saw 2 fellas working their tickets they were both french. non? I see patterns everywhere.
It should noted that I do not hate all French players. I was greatly saddened when we lost Dembele (not the wee wan) thanks to the Rat.

Last edited:
Back