Transfer Rumours

That would be an excellent back-up goalie who would be reliable if anything happened to Hart.

I don't know anything about the Argentinian left back but hopefully he turns out to be a fantastic addition to the side if we sign him (and if we don't then he crap anyway).

I love this early business. I suspect if we sign Jota then there would be only two or three more additions over the next two and a half months (CB, DCM & striker) with a number of departures - possibly with one or two heading to Cyprus.

Benjamin Siegrist about to sign according some of the rags on twitter

CELTIC are closing in on the signing of Benji Siegrist.

The former Dundee United No1 is a free agent after leaving Tannadice.

Celtic boss Ange Postecoglou is now set to add the 30-year-old to his goalkeeping ranks for next season.

The Hoops need extra competition for Joe Hart after Vasilis Barkas moved to Utrecht on a season-long loan.

Scott Bain is established as No2 - but Swiss keeper Siegrist could also now be brought in.

He spent four years at Tannadice and caught the eye of the Hoops with his consistent form.

Siegrist also has options in England, with Preston and Ipswich Town keen to land him.

He started his career at Aston Villa as a teenager and a move down south would hold appeal.

But Celtic are poised to win the race for his signature after holding talks.

With domestic and European commitments next season, Postecoglou wants three experienced keepers.
I like Seigrist but I wouldn't have thought he'd enjoy being 3rd choice goalie.

I like Seigrist but I wouldn't have thought he'd enjoy being 3rd choice goalie.
Every time I've seen Seigrist he's impressed me, think he'd be a solid number 2 behind big Joe, maybe follow follow the huns example of last season where they let Shagger McGregor have a rest / accost unsuspecting females during cup games and let their number 2 stand between the sticks.

Members online

Latest posts

Back