Transfer Rumours

20 mill is a chunk , well done to them good negotiating, prob they have now is the teams now quite a bit weaker, it already needed much surgery, and Gio ain't seeing much of that money.
Goldson and The 2 injury prone CB alongside Barisic 😄 Kyogo and GG will murder them 🍀👍

Ajax have gambled a but here imo but they dont get too many wrong

That wee rodent lookin feck sutherland from bbc sport has it at 27m euros for Bassey ,,,,,so get it up yer £25m tierney pish

Leicester should be asking questions as to why he left for £300k

Ajax a can't believe with the history of bringing youths through there ranks have shelled out this much cash on a fkn wrestler
The whole affair is arse about face, normally Ajax develop young players and sell them for fortunes and the huns buy over rated duffers at inflated prices that no other cunt wants, they run down their contracts and leave on a free.

There's jiggery pokery afoot! 🤔

The market is crazy but i sometimes think tabloids and propaganda HERE help push prices up ..Has Basseys contribution in Euro final defeat been forgotten( Bassey was marking their goalscorer) ? Im pretty sure Bassey played in our massacre of them in Feb ?What about McGregor running through Bassey to help get our equalizer at Ibrox ? This was all in the last 6 months but the biased press HERE didnt highlight his failings..Plus on what planet is a player like him valued at 19.8 million when we bought CCV for roughly 6 million , id know what player id want out the two of them..

Regarding transfers , Ange was saying possibly two in by the end of the week ? is that including the possible signing of Dylan Reid for the B team ? Im hoping its a CB and a DM ..
Very true 10iar, still shocked with the amount of money got for Shirley, not that I'm bothered whatsoever, only increases the value of our own players imo.
This is a player deemed not good enough to start against us in the mauling at paradise.
So in 4 months and still very prone to making huge mistakes, hardly a talented footballer and suddenly worth 20+M?
Ajax have always been renowned for the footballers they have created, and a new manager for them has already placed his job on the line by putting that amount of money into nothing more than a product signing imo, nowhere near the finished article still, and wouldn't say he will ever be good enough to justify such a fee either imo.
Hope we draw Ajax now in the CL as plenty of chances heading our way without to much danger against us from the donkey called Shirley

I don't think ajax read the record mate tbh🤷‍♂️
The first time i heard about Bassey being worth 20 million etc was reading the two rags here ..Then all of a sudden a 19 million bid comes in..I read that Bassey was immense in Euro final..If you watch Frankfurts goal back , it was Basseys man that got away from him to score but blame was thrown at Goldson in the tabloids because it looked like he was leaving Rangers* at the time..Is it not word of mouth that make up these valuations ?If we look at any player from abroad , its the papers that tell us how much he is roughly worth ..Im a great believer in propaganda and the workings of it tbh

Very true 10iar, still shocked with the amount of money got for Shirley, not that I'm bothered whatsoever, only increases the value of our own players imo.
This is a player deemed not good enough to start against us in the mauling at paradise.
So in 4 months and still very prone to making huge mistakes, hardly a talented footballer and suddenly worth 20+M?
Ajax have always been renowned for the footballers they have created, and a new manager for them has already placed his job on the line by putting that amount of money into nothing more than a product signing imo, nowhere near the finished article still, and wouldn't say he will ever be good enough to justify such a fee either imo.
Hope we draw Ajax now in the CL as plenty of chances heading our way without to much danger against us from the donkey called Shirley
Hes just a young guy, I cant remember him having any real howler games and he fast strong flexible and looked good last 6 months.

He might just kick on at Ajax? the funny money for players is obscene atm.

The lad was one of the best players in latter stges of EL

I certainly dont hold any gridges against the young dude if he gets a big move. Ajax are a big club.

Hes just a young guy, I cant remember him having any real howler games and he fast strong flexible and looked good last 6 months.

He might just kick on at Ajax? the funny money for players is obscene atm.

The lad was one of the best players in latter stges of EL

I certainly dont hold any gridges against the young dude if he gets a big move. Ajax are a big club.
Maybe TET, but won't be taking any notice in all honesty.
The high press is becoming such a tactical feature in today's game, with just how aggressive in applying it and trying to force the defenders into trying to play the ball into set traps etc etc, so wouldn't class Shirley as good enough still to deal with such tactics still, where you need to be very confident and good on the ball to deal with such a tactical ploy imo, and certainly a player to target if you want to adopt it also.
The modern day defender needs much more to his all round game in the way they are expected to play these days.
Would Shirley tick all those boxes?
The little I've seen of him, I would say no still, certainly not in a 20M plus fee anyway imo.

I think somekinda witchcraft is needed to get rid o wee Ajeti, can see him sit oot the contract
For a relatively young player still who has produced fuck all for 3 seasons now and certainly not in Ange's plans for the coming season, then questions need to be asked as to what ajeti is all about now?
Already gained himself a tag as a waster at present and with what looks like a shite attitude to match his all round play also.
Has he got any ambition within him to prove he has anything to offer within his career still?
All the time he wants to stay put, picking up a wage for fuck all, then well on his way to becoming the biggest waste of money spent on a misfit that I can recall, if not already

For a relatively young player still who has produced fuck all for 3 seasons now and certainly not in Ange's plans for the coming season, then questions need to be asked as to what ajeti is all about now?
Already gained himself a tag as a waster at present and with what looks like a shite attitude to match his all round play also.
Has he got any ambition within him to prove he has anything to offer within his career still?
All the time he wants to stay put, picking up a wage for fuck all, then well on his way to becoming the biggest waste of money spent on a misfit that I can recall, if not already
Yet he started so brightly and well but seems prone to injury.
Theres no doubt in my mind hes got talent and can turn on a sixpence at speed when hes fit but hes been inconsistent and that wont do in Anges side.

Maybe TET, but won't be taking any notice in all honesty.
The high press is becoming such a tactical feature in today's game, with just how aggressive in applying it and trying to force the defenders into trying to play the ball into set traps etc etc, so wouldn't class Shirley as good enough still to deal with such tactics still, where you need to be very confident and good on the ball to deal with such a tactical ploy imo, and certainly a player to target if you want to adopt it also.
The modern day defender needs much more to his all round game in the way they are expected to play these days.
Would Shirley tick all those boxes?
The little I've seen of him, I would say no still, certainly not in a 20M plus fee anyway imo.
If he is as good as Ajax believe then good for us hes gone.
It's not like they will pay over £8 million to replace him.
Weve stolen a march on them for a change and I cant wait for the season to begin ( which it has for non top 6 sides) mon the hoops HH

Fae the BBC.....The Rangers will rival Burnley for the signing of Liverpool defender and former Celtic target Ben Davies as a replacement for Ajax-bound Calvin Bassey.......If Ange was after him, he must be ok......Thought we might try him again... Maybe's no...!!!!!!:unsure:

The first time i heard about Bassey being worth 20 million etc was reading the two rags here ..Then all of a sudden a 19 million bid comes in..I read that Bassey was immense in Euro final..If you watch Frankfurts goal back , it was Basseys man that got away from him to score but blame was thrown at Goldson in the tabloids because it looked like he was leaving Rangers* at the time..Is it not word of mouth that make up these valuations ?If we look at any player from abroad , its the papers that tell us how much he is roughly worth ..Im a great believer in propaganda and the workings of it tbh
Awe without a doubt the rags have helped build his profile up he had a good 4 month as u say he lost his man for the goal but he got motm according to them all except he didn't the Germans keeper was motm so I do agree way u in the main mate but ajax will be looking at his attributes not headlines so just had a wee laugh 😉 HH

Fae the BBC.....The Rangers will rival Burnley for the signing of Liverpool defender and former Celtic target Ben Davies as a replacement for Ajax-bound Calvin Bassey.......If Ange was after him, he must be ok......Thought we might try him again... Maybe's no...!!!!!!:unsure:
lennon n lawwell were after him ,,,,ange had nowt to do with it

Bassey will have to hit the ground running, it he ends up flopping, and I think he will, no one will touch anymore of the hun players with a barge pole.
O the plus side for us, the Huns have sold their two best players from last year, and replaced them with project signings and youth team players 👍

Back