Transfer Rumours

Yet the stumbling block could yet be on weather a player wants to use the club to enhance their standing within the game as such?
Ange doesn't seem to interested in them type of players and rightly so imo, even if it's something we are always going to have to deal with also.
If it's a loan with option to buy then weve seen Ange take this option.
Apparently Xavi rates him highly but the barca mf is notoriously difficult to break into.
We're almost in a position where we can cherry pick the players we want and if he has the ambition we're the perfect fit

If it's a loan with option to buy then weve seen Ange take this option.
Apparently Xavi rates him highly but the barca mf is notoriously difficult to break into.
We're almost in a position where we can cherry pick the players we want and if he has the ambition we're the perfect fit
Certainly would be the more sensible approach imo winter, yet barca still seem to have a cash crisis still, so immediate cash might appeal to them moreso still

Certainly would be the more sensible approach imo winter, yet barca still seem to have a cash crisis still, so immediate cash might appeal to them moreso still
They do johnno but Barcelona having a cash crisis means they arent in a position to buy €100 million players at the moment. €20-€60 million players though is stil something they can do even within their current cash crisis.
I'm not concerned at all by their " cash crisis " because it's a crisis we would love to have.

They do johnno but Barcelona having a cash crisis means they arent in a position to buy €100 million players at the moment. €20-€60 million players though is stil something they can do even within their current cash crisis.
I'm not concerned at all by their " cash crisis " because it's a crisis we would love to have.
I heard barca asked UEFA for an advance payment of 4 years champions league money. UEFA reminded them that you need to qualify for the tournaments each year and told them to bolt

I see man utd supporters are finally going about things like we did.
The call to " empty old Trafford " is a bold move for a liverpool game.
I hope they stick to their guns this time and get rid of the glaziers, they vampires.
Not that I'm a man utd fan , never have been , probably because fergie was in charge there most of my adult life.
Football is nothing without the fans, a football club is also nothing without its supporters. I hope they get their club back. Will be interesting to see if all answer the call.
“Empty Old Trafford” protest planned for Man United’s next home game vs Liverpool via @OneFootball. Read it here:

I see man utd supporters are finally going about things like we did.
The call to " empty old Trafford " is a bold move for a liverpool game.
I hope they stick to their guns this time and get rid of the glaziers, they vampires.
Not that I'm a man utd fan , never have been , probably because fergie was in charge there most of my adult life.
Football is nothing without the fans, a football club is also nothing without its supporters. I hope they get their club back. Will be interesting to see if all answer the call.
“Empty Old Trafford” protest planned for Man United’s next home game vs Liverpool via @OneFootball. Read it here:

I know people hate them because they were winning so much but since the glazers came in its a shame how much they've ruined such a great club they borrowed 600m to buy utd they have paid like 2 billion in interest on that loan and they still to this day owe the 600m thats fuckin shocking as a football fan it makes you sick u can buy
a club with a loan and make no effort to pay it all the while taking billions out for you and ur family it's fuckin disgusting🤬

More clickbait I'm sure ( I hope) on JJ
90 mins are the source for this story claiming Chelsea want him but Celtic will want at least £15 million.
This is where this ' story' falls down for me .
Celtic know what we have in JJ and £15 million for him is laughable .
Chelsea considering move for Celtic's Josip Juranovic via @OneFootball. Read it here:

There is no Chelsea ' source' mentioned here at all

90 mins are the source for this story claiming Chelsea want him but Celtic will want at least £15 million.
Chelsea considering move for Celtic's Josip Juranovic via @OneFootball. Read it here:

There does seem to be a lot of speculation re. Juranovic this summer. The question for him will be regular football, CL football, and a guaranteed starting place at the World Cup for Croatia, or big bucks down south, irregular football (Chelsea rotate their wing backs a lot), putting his place in starting 11 for Croatia in doubt.
£15m does seem a reasonable opening bid but I'm sure we could push it to £20m + sell on.
Rather he stayed but Ralston more than capable of being first choice and we bring in the next right back to compete with and push Ralston.
Those who crunch and analyse the performance data actually had Ralston ahead of Juranovic in all metrics except goals scored (JJ has the advantage of being penalty taker). I suppose those who count the pennies at Celtic will look at 5 times your money for a player signed last year with a better performing player in the same position already at the club and unlikely to move for the foreseeable future.

There does seem to be a lot of speculation re. Juranovic this summer. The question for him will be regular football, CL football, and a guaranteed starting place at the World Cup for Croatia, or big bucks down south, irregular football (Chelsea rotate their wing backs a lot), putting his place in starting 11 for Croatia in doubt.
£15m does seem a reasonable opening bid but I'm sure we could push it to £20m + sell on.
Rather he stayed but Ralston more than capable of being first choice and we bring in the next right back to compete with and push Ralston.
Those who crunch and analyse the performance data actually had Ralston ahead of Juranovic in all metrics except goals scored (JJ has the advantage of being penalty taker). I suppose those who count the pennies at Celtic will look at 5 times your money for a player signed last year with a better performing player in the same position already at the club and unlikely to move for the foreseeable future.
True gary and I'd really be surprised if he were to move on now.
If he wanted it I'm sure Celtic wouldnt stand in the way of such a move.
For JJ though as you indicate, it makes sense for his world cup ambitions to remain at Celtic for the champions league.
Big IF we were to sell, essentially a world class player, then the price must be at least the £25 million we got for Tierney.
Many might point out that hes 26 and older than KT, though age hasnt stopped ludicrous fees being paid recently man utd were looking at arnautovic for £8 million and hes 33, but still , if he has clubs like atleti and Chelsea interested in him then we are in the position of setting the price and holding firm if he wants to stay , which for now it seems he does.

Like any of these transfer rumours it would ultimately come down to JJ himself upon what he would want for his future, especially this season.
Could well be a figure within his contract let's say 15M that could be activated and not much we could actually do about it, especially if JJ wanted to explore such an offer as such, but plenty of speculation but still no offer as such as far as I know at present.
This potentially stands to be an ever growing ongoing theme regarding our players, which will grow hugely if they preform well in CL and world Cup, so the January transfer window could stand to be a nightmare for ourselves and potentially very disruptive especially if they continue to preform to the manner they are well capable of doing.
Success brings about its own pitfalls also within football and one we need to start getting use to again regards our current squad of players imo.

Like any of these transfer rumours it would ultimately come down to JJ himself upon what he would want for his future, especially this season.
Could well be a figure within his contract let's say 15M that could be activated and not much we could actually do about it, especially if JJ wanted to explore such an offer as such, but plenty of speculation but still no offer as such as far as I know at present.
This potentially stands to be an ever growing ongoing theme regarding our players, which will grow hugely if they preform well in CL and world Cup, so the January transfer window could stand to be a nightmare for ourselves and potentially very disruptive especially if they continue to preform to the manner they are well capable of doing.
Success brings about its own pitfalls also within football and one we need to start getting use to again regards our current squad of players imo.
There is no source quoted in the ' 90 minutes ' report johnno .
Just that they are monitoring him and others , until theres real evidence of any inquiries I'm putting it down to clickbait.
He will move on as will many others but it has to be on Celtic's terms.
We may have got him for a steal, £2.5 million I think but look at glen kamara and the hype surrounding him right now.
Apparently the " pish guzzling heathens " have rejected £8 million bid from fenernahce or some other Turkish club.
He cost £50k.
I know this means nothing but if Celtic sell any of our top players I'm sure they will have a huge sell on clause inserted , like 30% at least should there be a cause of £15 million.
One season of playing champions league football will see that figure rise and even higher once hes played for Croatia in the desert world cup.

There is no source quoted in the ' 90 minutes ' report johnno .
Just that they are monitoring him and others , until theres real evidence of any inquiries I'm putting it down to clickbait.
He will move on as will many others but it has to be on Celtic's terms.
We may have got him for a steal, £2.5 million I think but look at glen kamara and the hype surrounding him right now.
Apparently the " pish guzzling heathens " have rejected £8 million bid from fenernahce or some other Turkish club.
He cost £50k.
I know this means nothing but if Celtic sell any of our top players I'm sure they will have a huge sell on clause inserted , like 30% at least should there be a cause of £15 million.
One season of playing champions league football will see that figure rise and even higher once hes played for Croatia in the desert world cup.
It's part of the games that goes on within a transfer window winter.
I would value JJ far higher than 15M but like I said if that's within his contract? Then possibly a new one would need to be negotiated to increase that value, which in turn brings higher wage demands also or do what the scum do and invent a bidding war.
As a club we don't entertain that bullshit, and hence clubs are more willing to deal with ourselves properly.
We also have a manager, I believe wouldn't let any hype around his players effect his team in any way imo, hence having 2 very decent players in every position as we are currently.
If players wish to move on to better fortunes than as a club nothing we can do about it, especially within the market we have to operate in, again part of football.
The huge difference since the arrival of Ange is putting in place for a player is one who actually wants to be with our club and seen nothing yet to suggest otherwise either at present.
Comfortable enough at present surrounding any potential hype regarding our players as they seem to remain happy and professional, whereas over within the shit hole they still want out ASAP and couldn't blame them and being reflected in the shite performances served up by the scum, let that happy trend continue as far as I'm concerned at present

It's part of the games that goes on within a transfer window winter.
I would value JJ far higher than 15M but like I said if that's within his contract? Then possibly a new one would need to be negotiated to increase that value, which in turn brings higher wage demands also or do what the scum do and invent a bidding war.
As a club we don't entertain that bullshit, and hence clubs are more willing to deal with ourselves properly.
We also have a manager, I believe wouldn't let any hype around his players effect his team in any way imo, hence having 2 very decent players in every position as we are currently.
If players wish to move on to better fortunes than as a club nothing we can do about it, especially within the market we have to operate in, again part of football.
The huge difference since the arrival of Ange is putting in place for a player is one who actually wants to be with our club and seen nothing yet to suggest otherwise either at present.
Comfortable enough at present surrounding any potential hype regarding our players as they seem to remain happy and professional, whereas over within the shit hole they still want out ASAP and couldn't blame them and being reflected in the shite performances served up by the scum, let that happy trend continue as far as I'm concerned at present
Not sure how accurate these wages lists are , though bridie bhoy told me hoopy said they're quite accurate so 😄 ( whit? I kidding I'm kidding) 😜

Above site has JJ on £16k per week ( I wouldnt even get oot ma bed for that) 🙄
That's quite a sum but nothing compared to calmacs 30k per week.
Renegotiating a deal that sees him get around £25k ( we can afford it) would make sense, I agree with you there.
Though we shouldnt and wouldnt let others interest in our players dictate our wage structure.
I'd be surprised if the figures are accurate, calmacs might be but jota on 7k per week seems to me to be nonsense but never know.
If we're to start renegotiating players deals then that would cause problems as all of the players would want the same.
Celtic are operating in a different market now.
Not too long ago ( Deila era even) a £4 million signing was big money for us, now it seems inevitable that we will be the first club to break the £10 million barrier ( legally) to bring a player to Scotland.
Being a champions league participant has huge benefits across the spectrum that's all things Celtic.
From exposure to cash to UNLIMITED POWER !!
Ok the last bit I made up , I was watching revenge of the Sith last night 😄
Aye with you on letting the hype come from elsewhere, we know that Atleti will be buying El Buffalo for £50 million so, unlikely to come in and buy our world class defender.
Which he is ( dont care what anyone says) if you're a starter in that Croatia side with modric and co then weve unearthed another emerald.

If JJ has his head turned then we need to act quickly and get a replacement good enough to fit into the team and compete with Ralston for the right back position.
No mucking around.
I understand where you're coming from BB, and welcome also to the noise also.
All depends upon if any truth in the situation also. Not uncommon to try and unsettle players during the transfer window, so would say that the club are monitoring the current situation very closely at present and also would like to think that steps have been taken to replace any players who feel that there futures lie elsewhere.
Only smoke at present, no fire yet to worry about and don't think that fire will be lit for any of our players during the remainder of this window imo.

I understand where you're coming from BB, and welcome also to the noise also.
All depends upon if any truth in the situation also. Not uncommon to try and unsettle players during the transfer window, so would say that the club are monitoring the current situation very closely at present and also would like to think that steps have been taken to replace any players who feel that there futures lie elsewhere.
Only smoke at present, no fire yet to worry about and don't think that fire will be lit for any of our players during the remainder of this window imo.
Cheers for the welcome John nó

I hope you're right about the fire not being lit for our players over the last part of the window.
You're right about the unsettling of the player involved and the team and the way it gels together.
I personally believe that Ange is not going to let anyone leave at the last minute like Dembele did.

Ffs they've got plenty of fullbacks have they not??

Cheers for the welcome John nó

I hope you're right about the fire not being lit for our players over the last part of the window.
You're right about the unsettling of the player involved and the team and the way it gels together.
I personally believe that Ange is not going to let anyone leave at the last minute like Dembele did.
Agreed BB, Ange is a very tuned in manager and would say he's already more than clued in upon where the players loyalty lies at present.
Already shown JJ remains as his 1st choice in the position, and rightly so imo with CL in mind.
Of course things will change once the midweek games starts to kick in, but believe if there was any intention of JJ wanting to leave then he wouldn't have been given the 1st choice position in the 1st place imo.

Back