transfer window

So much for bringing in real quality
The cynic in me says, what is likely to happen in the pursuit of 'quality', is that Mark has been advised to go on a a trawl of players, who have performed well against us in the past, but who have now regressed. This is focused only on Europe. The name will be familiar to supporters, who equate it with quality. And makes it easy to see why the player is a target. But if he does not perform, as a 'quality' player, it is his own, or the manager's fault. So not Mark's fault. You would also expect him to be on the far cheaper side of 'quality'. In the same range as a prospect. It is a strategy not at all removed from their signing of signing of Cantwell, but a little bit cuter. We will have seen the players quality for 'ourselves' in maybe one or two matches. That is it. However, I am not a cynic. So this could not possibly happen at Celtic. Could it?

Last edited:
It's the first day of the transfer window lads. We're panicking already. There's no point in annoying ourselves over who we are and aren't buying. We have no say, so what will be will be. Personally I don't want to see Scott mckenna anywhere near us, but if he's signed there's fuck all I can do about it.
Good news is we're not losing kyogo to the Asian cup.

Last edited:
The cynic in me says, what is likely to happen in the pursuit of 'quality', is that Mark has been advised to go on a a trawl of players, who have performed well against us in the past, but who have now regressed. This is focused only on Europe. The name will be familiar to supporters, who equate it with quality. And makes it easy to see why the player is a target. But if he does not perform, as a 'quality' player, it is his own, or the manager's fault. So not Mark's fault. You would also expect him to be on the far cheaper side of 'quality'. In the same range as a prospect. It is a strategy not at all removed from their signing of signing of Cantwell, but a little bit cuter. We will have seen the players quality for 'ourselves' in maybe one or two matches. That is it. However, I am not a cynic. So this could not possibly happen at Celtic. Could it?
I seem to remember that was the strategy in scouting Barkas. And that was a success!

CELTIC are eyeing a January move for Rapid Vienna winger Nicolas Kuhn.
Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers is keen to bolster his attacking options in the coming weeks.

Former Ajax and Bayern Munich prospect Kuhn, who can also play as a striker, has emerged on the Hoops’ radar after impressing with Rapid.

The Austrians paid around £500,000 for him 18 months ago and are expected to ask for at least four times that.

CELTIC are eyeing a January move for Rapid Vienna winger Nicolas Kuhn.
Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers is keen to bolster his attacking options in the coming weeks.

Former Ajax and Bayern Munich prospect Kuhn, who can also play as a striker, has emerged on the Hoops’ radar after impressing with Rapid.

The Austrians paid around £500,000 for him 18 months ago and are expected to ask for at least four times that.
They no looked at a map? Scotland no England!..😂

My worst nightmare. Surely we've learned from our catastrophic summer business?....
See us linked with somebody called Kuhn from Rapid Vienna. Know nothing about him except what is on Transfermarket, but at £2 million, it has all the hallmarks of another reasonably cheap hit or miss project. Again mainly a winger. And BR now dampening down to "one or two signings". If so, it is just as I expected.

Last edited:
Wtf is going on with Lagerbielke?
Lots of talk that he's for the off probably this window.
This amazes me , the bhoys just been named swedish defender of the year, scored the winner v Feyenoord.
We payed over/around £3 million for him , he's young and it's a step up to Celtic, one idt he's had enough time to make.
Phillips has returned to Liverpool, CCV and Welsh injured at present.
It will be difficult to break into the starting xi but we're giving up on him so soon?
Somethings way off about this whole thing, if it's him who isn't happy fair enough but you're at a champions league club now Gustav, so anything you get you have to earn.
Phillips I get, loanee but Lagerbielke?

Lots of talk, fuck the talk, what does the guy think of us and his move here.

Lagerbielke said [Celtic YouTube], “I think the first contact was a little more than a week ago and from there it all happened pretty fast.

“So I heard of the interest and then, obviously, I was really excited from the beginning and I was pushing for making the deal to happen.”

“And now I’m just excited now to be here.”

Wtf is going on with Lagerbielke?
Lots of talk that he's for the off probably this window.
This amazes me , the bhoys just been named swedish defender of the year, scored the winner v Feyenoord.
We payed over/around £3 million for him , he's young and it's a step up to Celtic, one idt he's had enough time to make.
Phillips has returned to Liverpool, CCV and Welsh injured at present.
It will be difficult to break into the starting xi but we're giving up on him so soon?
Somethings way off about this whole thing, if it's him who isn't happy fair enough but you're at a champions league club now Gustav, so anything you get you have to earn.
Phillips I get, loanee but Lagerbielke?
CCV is out, Welsh is out, Kobayashi is not trusted, Nawrocki has just returned from a long-term injury and Scales is playing out of his skin (will there be the usual dip in form that often accompanies such a massive upturn in a player's form?).

We are 1 injury, suspension or drop off in form from having to switch an out-of-sorts AJ in as temporary CB cover if we puny Lagerbielke. Now unless there has been an irreconcilable fall-out or he has major personal problems affecting him settling in Scotland, then surely we need to persevere with a talented player with so much potential? Especially when he has done OK on the field and we need cover for this position.

CCV is out, Welsh is out, Kobayashi is not trusted, Nawrocki has just returned from a long-term injury and Scales is playing out of his skin (will there be the usual dip in form that often accompanies such a massive upturn in a player's form?).

We are 1 injury, suspension or drop off in form from having to switch an out-of-sorts AJ in as temporary CB cover if we puny Lagerbielke. Now unless there has been an irreconcilable fall-out or he has major personal problems affecting him settling in Scotland, then surely we need to persevere with a talented player with so much potential? Especially when he has done OK on the field and we need cover for this position.
We also have Iwata who can play a CB position a kind of Japanese Nir Bitton if you like... Not ideal granted but there if needed.

Back