transfer window

As it happens I have played bowls, which is ( at risk of sounding like an auld plonker here) its actually a good game I think to play. Terrible to watch but if you have the knees for it there's worse games to play or watch it's just not cricket 'Arry'.

My input? Somebody's got to say something on here that's more than
Yes!
I agree
100% 😛
Totally

HH 😉

Pleased to see these bhoys come in but I agree we need more ...I think most of us are waiting on a proper replacement for Jota and maybe two more physical 1st team ready defenders ...I'm not quite there yet with anticipation or excitement on the signings to date.
Same mag7 , have a good feeling about this new bhoy ( rocky I guess he'll be called) but that's all it is , a good feeling. I've no idea who he is but I'm well aware that's down to my lack of knowledge of the domestic game in Poland, throw in many other places as well, like Japan, Australia and Korea.

We needed someone else , someone imposing at the back , from what I've read he ticks the boxes and we're getting a steal at the price. Oh! Dejavu for a second there, ach that's what it was , heard it before, everytime we buy a player from Poland it's at a ridiculously undervalued price.

What's Poland ever done for Celtic anyways? Apart from Jackie Dziekanowski, Artur " holie goalie" Boruc, Dariuz Wdowczyck, Magic Zurawski, Lukasz " wheres wally?" Zaluska, Patryck (£3.5 million in and about the same out plus add ons) Klimala, and have to add Josip Juranovic for fun even though he's Croatian 😀 apart from that, nothing 😄

Ok well I can see why they're always moaning about us 'stealing ' their best players for less millions than they're often worth , welcome to Celtic's world.
I just assumed they're permanently pissed off at us for them cheating us in the last injury time minutes of that game at murrayfield, some neck since twas they who cheated 😆

Think there will be a , can we still call it " marquee signing"? Why not, every signing at bigotdome is marquee and they're free signings so...

We have another month of the window left and I am happy enough with the progress in numbers we've brought in , think there's definately a few project type signings who hopefully will surprise us, Tilio for one.

Yes, I agree , 100% 😛
We need more and this first month has been more focussed on consolidation of our squad with Calmac, Kyogo, Daizen extending contracts Abada , Oriley saying ( not same as doing) they want to stay with Rodgers, both are on long term contracts anyway , think it was more to do with the club getting the most out of possible future sales 🤞

LB & RB are still cause for concern , losing Johnston and Taylor to injuries along with CCV exposed our super bench as perhaps not so super as I mightve first thought.
There's no denying on his game Ralston can mix it with the best , all down to utter hard graft, good coaching and talent.
Whilst I think everyone can see there's a player in Bernabei and hopefully he is the stereotypical South American to Europe type of transfer and we see far much more in his second season than his first which wasn't without some great moments from him. Get him settled properly and get more from him.
That's a risk though with progress in Europe the main objective ( after the SPL of course) that's not really worth taking.
Iwata is our RB for the moment think he'll be a superb signing for us already acquitted himself well in MF , CB now RB , wouldn't be surprised if he can play anywhere like Calmac, ( too far? Nah! Too soon? Aye 😄)

I want Iwata in his preffered position , midfield , but it's good to know what he can do for us in various roles.

Also the fact that the Tete rumours have muffled somewhat could hopefully be a good omen and we can get him , that'd be a great signing. Could see Kobayashi fall behind Welsh if performances aren't of the standard he first produced , its very easy to forget how young our bhoys are and like Bernabei he's still to settle, showed promise last season, needs more this one. HH

I quite like Ryan Fraser, but not sure we need another winger if Abada is staying. But at least he would count as a home grown player for Europe.
Plays mainly on the left, also plays wingback and Brendan liked to play 3 at the back with wingbacks at Leicester. Still only 29 y.o. (thought he was older), ticks the home grown player box for Euro squad and available on the cheap. Problem is his injury record and a questionable attitude.

Lets hope we never repeat this monumental error, a warning that panic buying can kick you right up the arse.

Btw, that figure doesnt include his vast wages.
Thats about 14.000 Season tickets.

Last edited:
I think we'll now go through a period of player sales before we see anymore signings. We now have 32 player squad, excluding youngsters who now train with the first team like Vata, Lawel & Summers
Hart, Siegrist, Bain
Johnston, Ralston, Taylor, Bernabei, CCV, Starfelt, Kobayashi, Nawrocki, Welsh, Scales
McGregor, Hatate, Iwata, O'Riley, Turnbull, Kwon, Holm, McCarthy, Soro
Abada, Forrest, Tilio, Yang, Haksabanovic, Johnston
Kyogo, Maeda, Oh, Ajeti
For Europe we can only name 17 non Scottish trained players in a squad of 25, we currently have 23.
It's obvious that Ajeti, Soro, Johnston, Scales and McCarthy have no future with us and will be gone by the end of August, that would still leave 27 players (20 non Scottish trained). In order to make more signings who can be classed as 'first team starters' there will need to be a clearout and some players who were contributors last season will need to be moved on .

Back