Turnbull's Greedy Agent knocks back ‘Magnificent’ Celtic offer

Meanwhile, back on the original topic . . . if the guy (or his agent) doesn't want the boy to play for the Hoops, move on.

It brings up another topic, probably meant for another thread, but to me I think the club appears to be in good shape, and all the talk of acquisitions a little overboard (and it seems to me that some people want to acquire players just to acquire players).

Up front with Leigh Griffiths back joining Eddy and with wee Dembele (and Johnstone may come into his own next season), midfield we might be losing Ntcham but we still have Christie, CalMac, Sinclair (who, yeah, ran out of gas at the end of the season, but could recharge), Shved and Forrest, anchored by Broony (and hopefully -- or at least I hope this -- Tom Rogic stays), and even the backfield anchored by Ajer, Jozo and Tierney -- and maybe someone else -- seems like a solid team for 9 in a row.

Meanwhile, back on the original topic . . . if they guy (or his agent) doesn't want the boy to play for the Hoops, move on.

It brings up another topic, probably meant for another thread, but to me I think the club appears to be in good shape, and all the talk of acquisitions a little overboard (and it seems to me that some people want to acquire players just to acquire players).

Up front with Leigh Griffiths back joining Eddy and with wee Dembele (and Johnstone may come into his own next season), midfield we might be losing Ntcham but we still have Christie, CalMac, Sinclair (who, yeah, ran out of gas at the end of the season, but could recharge), Shved and Forrest, anchored by Broony (and hopefully -- or at least I hope this -- Tom Rogic stays), and even the backfield anchored by Ajer, Jozo and Tierney -- and maybe someone else -- seems like a solid team for 9 in a row.
I knew it, I told it so........random outbreaks of common sense during the close season.

You have to get with the programme, Larry.........leave common sense outside and abandon hope all ye who enter here.

Any agent is there primarily to get the best overall deal, illogical and pointless blaming that reality.

Unlikely anyone here knows the actual basic story of the negotiations yet! let alone the full story here , "fantastic" and "magnificent" are just tweeted words not actual figures.

For all any of us know right now! PL may have typically chanced his arm yet again, hoped for / expected the lad to sign for just above typical teenage player pay, what he PL considers "magnificent and fantastic" wages for a kid!
I would not be remotely shocked if that somehow came out!

Best for now to try and Keep in mind that PL is a CEO who oversaw and was presumably content until embarrassed by negative media campaign exposure to pay some if not the majority of staff at Celtic not even the recognized living wage!

I don't personally accept without question any Celtic PLC spin anymore than I would any other PLC.
The club and fans are one thing the PLC directors and their media managers are another different thing entirely and not above any question or doubt.

The offer Celtic made him was exactly as they said: magnificent. He was going to increase his wage packet tenfold and was going to be on more money than Virgil and Wanyama when they first came to Celtic. It was a hell of an offer for a player of his relatively low profile. The fact he and his agents turned it down is quite baffling and would tend to signify either extremely bad practice on their part or personal reasons for him turning it down.

The offer Celtic made him was exactly as they said: magnificent. He was going to increase his wage packet tenfold and was going to be on more money than Virgil and Wanyama when they first came to Celtic. It was a hell of an offer for a player of his relatively low profile. The fact he and his agents turned it down is quite baffling and would tend to signify either extremely bad practice on their part or personal reasons for him turning it down.
he can feck off tae engerlund if it's just coin he's interested in Sam,medals european football,raise his profile,maybe he feels he can't fill the shirt,so we move on,it's his loss.

ok so u did explain how u is brand new to soccur n only started followin Celtic 4 imagined leftits politics cause this jan 2019.
OK. so finally, we signed someone. This guy looks pretty good on the field, but can we get him another barber?

still
giphy.gif

No he is decent though and would have been a good acquisition.

Celtic showed respect in their offer.

His agent showed complete fkn disrespect in his tweet.

Hope they end up with egg on their face.

don't remember him playin 4 dem b4 d mention. we hav enuff midfielders as is.

So seemingly his agent has got an EPL team to offer a better contract supposedly Southampton(described as big hitters) do me a favour, maybe the agent has told them how much money they will save now rather than going to buy him from Celtic for a bigger sum in 2 years. If he is worried about not being a 1st team regular at Celtic how does he think he will get on at Southampton does he think he will waltz straight into their 1st team he has just had less than a full season at Motherwell

Last edited:
Back