Tv series

Sliced sausage as in square sausage?
Had that for my brekkie this morning , couple of pieces n steak square, like some black pudding as well dumpling the works canny beat it wi a big stick 😋
As in square AND roon pattes
Problem was the square slice came in big blocks so you had to wait and defrost the lot
But as it was a Scottish favourite staple it never went to waste HH

We get a lot of UK dramas out here, and some are brilliant, ACCUSED was one, GRACE another, BROADCHURCH a few years back with yer man David Tennant, another fantastic show, and there's a few good American ones, JACK REACHER is good, so is the series of JACK RYAN, and BOSCH (Titus Welliver from Sons of Anarchy)

It was a McLaren's bridie - they are the best. Not Saddlers bridies which are the ones sold at the Station Park ground.
I took the wife and her wee maw up for a run to Arbroath for a PieBobs last year and they did ask about the Forfar Bridie.
I think I'll do a wee run up in the summer and get a McLarens Bridie now that you have shared that local knowledge BB. Cheers for that.

I took the wife and her wee maw up for a run to Arbroath for a PieBobs last year and they did ask about the Forfar Bridie.
I think I'll do a wee run up in the summer and get a McLarens Bridie now that you have shared that local knowledge BB. Cheers for that.
A real bridie has to have short crust pastry and none of this flakey pastry nonsense. That is just a misshapen sausage roll! It is best to get an "elephant's lug" when it is still warm out of the oven.

There is a McLaren's shop at The Cross in the centre of town, buitI would usually go to their wee shop at the bake house on Market Street (near FAFC's Station Park).

I've not had a bridie for months now and fair fancy one.

A real bridie has to have short crust pastry and none of this flakey pastry nonsense. That is just a misshapen sausage roll! It is best to get an "elephant's lug" when it is still warm out of the oven.

There is a McLaren's shop at The Cross in the centre of town, buitI would usually go to their wee shop at the bake house on Market Street (near FAFC's Station Park).

I've not had a bridie for months now and fair fancy one.
Naw had a Bridie for years mate...I'll defo be having one of those when I'm up there ..cheers HH !

Is that £3.17 fur wan!!!!must still be a bit of oil money kicking aboot up there😎
It is a large bridie though - you need a wheelbarrow to take it home. That is probably out of date and it is dearer now.

Not any oil money in Forfar. The main source of income is selling "Forfar Smokies" to gullible dafties. Mind you, there isn't much oil money up here in the Aberdeen area either these days.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back